Home Set Lists Forums The Permanent Record Asshole Opinion

Bob Seger -- Saginaw, MI -- November 19th, 2014
Ace Frehley -- Uncasville, CT -- November 21st, 2014
Nuclear War Now! Fest IV -- Berlin, Germany -- November 7-8th, 2014
Deafheaven -- Toronto, Ontario -- November 21st, 2014
Threshold -- London, England -- November 20th, 2014

  #31  
Old 03-16-2014, 08:32 PM
christopher's Avatar
christopher christopher is offline
Smoke Satan, Worship Crack
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: San Dimas, CA
Posts: 6,038
Quote:
Originally Posted by XDoomsayerX View Post
Death Grips will do Scion Fest nig I'm calling it!!!
I want them to play a show with Author and Punisher.
__________________
Who needs a god when you've got Big Macs?
Reply With Quote
  #32  
Old 03-16-2014, 08:39 PM
XDoomsayerX's Avatar
XDoomsayerX XDoomsayerX is offline
Lifeís swinging hard but Iím swinging harder.
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: California
Posts: 1,534
Quote:
Originally Posted by christopher View Post
I want them to play a show with Author and Punisher.
Never heard of em.
Reply With Quote
  #33  
Old 03-16-2014, 09:39 PM
christopher's Avatar
christopher christopher is offline
Smoke Satan, Worship Crack
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: San Dimas, CA
Posts: 6,038
Quote:
Originally Posted by XDoomsayerX View Post
Never heard of em.
They sound like an industrial soundtrack to hell. Haha
__________________
Who needs a god when you've got Big Macs?
Reply With Quote
  #34  
Old 03-17-2014, 12:31 AM
elturtleboy's Avatar
elturtleboy elturtleboy is offline
Kvlt,Grim,Frostbitten,and Grindage
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: California/LA
Posts: 3,445
Quote:
Originally Posted by XDoomsayerX View Post
Death Grips will do Scion Fest nig I'm calling it!!!
thatd be fuckin cool.
__________________
12/8-Cannabis Corpse/Mammoth Grinder
1/31-Mayhem/Revenge
2/22-Napalm Death/Voivod
3/27-At The Gates/Converge?
Reply With Quote
  #35  
Old 03-17-2014, 08:29 AM
Steev Steev is offline
N00B
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 3,553
Camden looks like all seats, kinda hoping that's not the case since neither band has ever done an all seated show in this area
__________________
Slayer/Suicidal/Exodus
Living Colour
Slipknot/KoRn
Reply With Quote
  #36  
Old 03-17-2014, 09:12 AM
Steev Steev is offline
N00B
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 3,553
Tried the Soundgarden presale, Live Nation is raping people on "platinum seats", got Pit through the NIN presale but it sounds like this is a seated show
__________________
Slayer/Suicidal/Exodus
Living Colour
Slipknot/KoRn
Reply With Quote
  #37  
Old 03-17-2014, 11:00 AM
InFlamesOfBirchmen InFlamesOfBirchmen is offline
N00B
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Atlanta, GA
Posts: 705
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steev View Post
Tried the Soundgarden presale, Live Nation is raping people on "platinum seats", got Pit through the NIN presale but it sounds like this is a seated show
How much for "platinum seats"? I paid $70 for mid-level seats and feel iffy about it.
Reply With Quote
  #38  
Old 03-17-2014, 11:32 AM
AnthG AnthG is offline
N00B
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Toronto, ON
Posts: 2,030
Question for people who've seen NIN live: Is their live show good enough that even a non-fan like me would get my money's worth at a show like this? I like a handful of NIN songs, pretty much just whatever's been released as singles, but I haven't delved too deep in their catalogue (outside of the radio hits like Closer, Hurt, etc. i've heard Pretty Hate Machine and With Teeth in their entireties and felt kind of "eh" for the most part). I've been meaning to give Downard Spiral and The Fragile a spin since "Closer" and "We're In This Together Now" are too good.

But back to the original question. Would I still enjoy the live show if I'm familiar with some of their stuff? I haven't listened to the new album and whatever I heard off of Year Zero I didn't like at all (which I guess begs the question: is their setlist heavily weighted towards newer material). I'm a big enough Soundgarden fan that I feel like I could still feel like I "should" be there, so to speak, but with the insane ticket prices i'm wondering if spending $100+ on a ticket would be worth it based on the information i've given.

Any input would be appreciated.
__________________
11/30 - Slipknot/Korn
12/27 - Protest the Hero
02/05 - Machine Head
Reply With Quote
  #39  
Old 03-17-2014, 11:35 AM
InFlamesOfBirchmen InFlamesOfBirchmen is offline
N00B
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Atlanta, GA
Posts: 705
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnthG View Post
Question for people who've seen NIN live: Is their live show good enough that even a non-fan like me would get my money's worth at a show like this? I like a handful of NIN songs, pretty much just whatever's been released as singles, but I haven't delved too deep in their catalogue (outside of the radio hits like Closer, Hurt, etc. i've heard Pretty Hate Machine and With Teeth in their entireties and felt kind of "eh" for the most part). I've been meaning to give Downard Spiral and The Fragile a spin since "Closer" and "We're In This Together Now" are too good.

But back to the original question. Would I still enjoy the live show if I'm familiar with some of their stuff? I haven't listened to the new album and whatever I heard off of Year Zero I didn't like at all (which I guess begs the question: is their setlist heavily weighted towards newer material). I'm a big enough Soundgarden fan that I feel like I could still feel like I "should" be there, so to speak, but with the insane ticket prices i'm wondering if spending $100+ on a ticket would be worth it based on the information i've given.

Any input would be appreciated.
Don't spend $100+, but their shows are absolutely worth it for a non-fan, if for no other reason than the spectacle and production. The light shows are incredible, and Reznor's voice is still as solid as ever. Even if you like the hits you'd have a good time. My advice is to check out mid-range seats, or even the lawn if it's available at your venue.
Reply With Quote
  #40  
Old 03-17-2014, 11:49 AM
AnthG AnthG is offline
N00B
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Toronto, ON
Posts: 2,030
Lawn tickets at the Toronto show are still $40. I'd rather pay a lot more for really good seats then save some money for a somewhat crappy lawn view. But noted, I will defintely see what the other price options are.
__________________
11/30 - Slipknot/Korn
12/27 - Protest the Hero
02/05 - Machine Head
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 10:11 AM.


Blah Blah Blah Copyright WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM 2008