Queen -- Columbia, MD -- July 20th, 2014
Deathwish Fest -- Cambridge, MA -- July 22nd, 2014
Queen -- Boston, MA -- July 22nd, 2014
Devourment -- Rochester, NY -- July 21st, 2014
Nine Inch Nails -- Morrison, CO -- July 21st, 2014

Go Back   WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM > Community Forums > General Chat > Video Games

Old 05-01-2014, 08:01 PM
THIS IS LHHC!

I really need to play the Dead Space games.

I'm not big on horror games either, but I think Condemned takes the cake for scariest game I've ever played. I still get chills thinking about the mannequins...the fucking mannequins.
8/15 Dr. Shrinker
8/16 KISS
8/23 Midnight ?
8/29 Sleep
Old 05-01-2014, 09:36 PM
Close your eyes forget your name

Totally forgot about finishing this list....so because I didn't really plan out this very well and it isn't a true top 25 list, I'm doing this anyway:

#1b

Already mentioned a few times in other user lists, this is imo the best entry in the Lego game collection. First of all it is well worth its price at the time of $40 as the complete saga give you all 6 movies with about 10 levels per movie, not including bonus levels. Second was the simple and fun gameplay young and old could enjoy and made playing through Episodes I-VI a huge pile of fun. Third was the co-op, again more fun with a friend. Finally was the bookmark of the Lego games, the extra stuff and the quest to get 100% on the game; sad to say finally getting to 100% was one of my life's best moments because while it wasn't hard or stressful, going back through the levels with different characters and new abilities was a hell lot of fun and made for awesome re-play values

Lego Star Wars is one of those games that if I have children I would buy a Xbox 360 or PS3 just so I could play it with my son/daughter, that is how great this game is
Old 05-01-2014, 10:17 PM
You can't save me any more than you can save yourself, so stop fucking trying

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisposableJustice View Post
Totally forgot about finishing this list....so because I didn't really plan out this very well and it isn't a true top 25 list, I'm doing this anyway:

#1b

Already mentioned a few times in other user lists, this is imo the best entry in the Lego game collection. First of all it is well worth its price at the time of $40 as the complete saga give you all 6 movies with about 10 levels per movie, not including bonus levels. Second was the simple and fun gameplay young and old could enjoy and made playing through Episodes I-VI a huge pile of fun. Third was the co-op, again more fun with a friend. Finally was the bookmark of the Lego games, the extra stuff and the quest to get 100% on the game; sad to say finally getting to 100% was one of my life's best moments because while it wasn't hard or stressful, going back through the levels with different characters and new abilities was a hell lot of fun and made for awesome re-play values

Lego Star Wars is one of those games that if I have children I would buy a Xbox 360 or PS3 just so I could play it with my son/daughter, that is how great this game is
I've bought this game twice for two different systems for that reason. I had it for my PS3 and played it on my own years ago. Then when my oldest son started showing interest in games our Wii was the system we had on the main TV so I bought it for him to play on his Wii.
10/18 -- King Diamond
11/01 -- Suffocation
Old 05-05-2014, 08:54 PM

*drum roll*

#1a

In late 2001 I was told by my dad that if I wanted a PS2 or Xbox for Christmas, pick one and he would get it for me; now at the time I had the Playstation One and logically I should have gone for the PS2, epsically since the Xbox was Microsoft's first real step into the video game system ring, so I'm not sure why I went with the you-could-kill-a-bear-if-you-threw-this-thing-at-it system but I did

Shortly after my dad also ordered some games as surprise gift; one of those games was something called Halo: Combat Evolved. I had never heard of it before and basically though well it's just another shooter I'll get bored of it within a few days

How wrong I was

Halo CE is basically I feel the closest to perfect a first person shooter could be. Everything about this game is awesome: The graphics, the gameplay, the story, the multi player, the music; everything clicked to help laugh the Halo franchise into what it is today.

I loved the story and loved even more going through it with a friend on co-op and the plot kept me interested. As Master Chief you felt powerful but not over powered. My favorite parts were the snow level (the real name escapes me right now) and the creepy as hell meeting the Flood

But perhaps the crown jewel of Halo CE was the multiplayer; before wireless internet and Xbox live, you could only play with people outside your house on LAN, which was a hassle so we just stuck with sharing a tv screen for the 4 of us. This was inn high school so on weekends we would basically play for almost 10 hours on the campaign and the mulitplayer, blowing the shit out of each other and just having a great time

This is a game I would be able to pick up today and still enjoy it as much as I did when it came out.
Old 05-05-2014, 08:55 PM

While there you go; I know my list isn't as fancy or involved as some of the other Top 25 lists here but I enjoyed it and I hope you did too