Misery Signals -- Toronto, Ontario -- August 23rd, 2014
Rhapsody of Fire -- Cd. Obregon, Mex -- August 24th, 2014
Sleep -- Boston, MA -- August 24th, 2014
Alice in Chains -- Rama, Ontario -- August 23rd, 2014
Boris -- Santa Cruz, CA -- August 21st, 2014

Go Back   WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM > Community Forums > General Chat > Video Games

Old 03-23-2014, 01:10 PM
You can't save me any more than you can save yourself, so stop fucking trying

What about this!?!?!? Wolverine's so badass in this game that he doesn't even need his claws...because it uses up his health to use them...cool music though...
11/01 - Suffocation
11/30 - Devin Townsend
12/06 - DistantWorlds:theMusicofFinalFantasy
Old 03-23-2014, 02:08 PM
I got jumped by 2 thugs... they told me my battery was dead.

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamclark52 View Post
What about this!?!?!? Wolverine's so badass in this game that he doesn't even need his claws...because it uses up his health to use them...cool music though...
! I forgot all about that game. I used to play the shit out of it! Alllll the generic enemies. DAT SOUNDTRACK! So memorable, even if the game wasn't th ebest...

- Funeral Age
facebook.com/funeralageofficial
funeralage.bandcamp.com
Old 03-24-2014, 01:35 PM
Close your eyes forget your name

Well I don't have much to say on this, the racing was fun, the level design, the cars.....

BUT DAT MUSIC

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BIe4AvKLSa4

I remember as kid, just leaving my car on the road not moving so I could listen to the music playing
11/11- Slipknot/Korn
11/19- Judas Priest
Old 03-24-2014, 02:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisposableJustice View Post

Well I don't have much to say on this, the racing was fun, the level design, the cars.....

BUT DAT MUSIC

I remember as kid, just leaving my car on the road not moving so I could listen to the music playing
OOOOOOMG YES! One of the best racing games ever.... at least one of the best on SNES FOR SURE! So chaotic and fast!

- Funeral Age
funeralage.bandcamp.com
Old 03-24-2014, 03:42 PM
May you go marching in three-measure time, dressed up as asses and drunk to the nines...

Quote:

BUT DAT MUSIC

I loved that game! Great music for sure.
Old 03-24-2014, 09:05 PM

This is a new one it actually is not out yet but is due to be released on Steam sometime this summer

Bro Force is basically a Contara/metal slug type game, a side scrolling shooter, and the best part is you unlock "bros" cute takes on famous action heroes with their own weapons and power ups. I pre-ordered so I am playing the Alpha version and it is a lot of fun but quite challenging as it is one of those one hit kill type games. I highly recommend you check it out, you can play the online beta for free, once you try it, you will get hooked;there is already a ton of fan created maps and campaigns

Some game play by one of my favorite youtubers

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k7go56RCGjA

and the game's website

http://www.freelives.net/broforce-game
11/11- Slipknot/Korn
11/19- Judas Priest

Last edited by DisposableJustice; 03-24-2014 at 09:09 PM.
Old 03-25-2014, 08:40 AM
Some People Call Me The White Devil

The guys that worked on Broforce were really cool and sent me the game and a bunch of press stuff for free but I just can't get into it.
Old 03-26-2014, 08:46 AM

I have played a ton of 1st person shooters in my lifetime and while there has been a lot of good ones, Bioshock is one of those special games that has left an impression on me; lets count the ways

- The story/setting- I feel like most shooters don't put a lot of time/effort into crafting a story, just your standard "evil is taking over the world, or trying to destroy it go fuck shit up" But Bioshock took it to a whole new level me for me. The atmosphere is just fucking beautiful, a lot of time effort and creativity went into making the underwater world of rapture. It makes you feel like something like it could have existed; it's dark, creepy and all the little details are very pleasing. While I won't say the story is perfect, it is done well enough to keep you interested. I will say the choice mechanic of "good/evil" was a interest piece, I could never kill the little sisters for more Adam because of that ethical piece, I also felt like there was no major effect on the game.

-Plasmids: while not a new thing in shooters, I thought the addition of a plasmid power was a great way to make your way through the game and coming up with new ways to kill people; it was never dull to freeze an enemy and smash him to bits with a melee attack. With the selection of plasmids to choose from it made repeat plays more enjoyable

A quick not on Bioshock 2 and Bioshock infinite

-Bioshock 2 was good but I felt like it was a recycled game, outside of being a big daddy everything else was the same

-Bioshock Infinite was a great game as well, amazing graphics and the setting of up in the sky was cool, but I had trouble getting into the story and I actually never finished the game, due to selling my Xbox360 for much needed cash.

It is too bad the gaming studio that made these games is shutting down; I would have loved to see a game set in space (a rapture on the moon? why not) I think they could have made it great
11/11- Slipknot/Korn
11/19- Judas Priest
Old 04-01-2014, 07:16 AM

In the spirit of baseball starting up again, I present the only baseball game I really got into

Ken Griffey Jr. was the shit back in the mid 90's and because of his popularity had a string of baseball games bearing his likeness. I fee like the SNES verison was one of the best sports games I have played, only surpassed by NFL Blitz

I remember a few fond memories playing this: 1) In order to master the game you pretty much had to play as the Seattle Mariners with KGJ since he had the best power, speed, etc. 2) Because this game was not a players assoication game, all the players names outside of Griffery were fictious and the game got creative with those names:

Quote:
The Atlanta Braves are famous dance DJs, such as Sasha & Digweed whose real life counterparts are (John Smoltz) and closer (Mike Stanton). A pitcher for the team is named G. Park, presumably in reference to Atlanta's famed Grant Park whose real life counterpart is (Steve Avery). In addition, D. Crime and D. Neon likely refer to Fred "the Crime Dog" McGriff and "Neon" Deion Sanders, respectively.
The Baltimore Orioles pay tribute to Baltimore native John Waters with B. Divine whose real life counterpart is (Harold Reynolds), P. Flamingo, (Mike Mussina) M. Trasho whose real life counterpart is (Mike Pagliarulo), and H. Spray whose real life counterpart is pitcher (Jim Poole), as well as Waters himself standing in for Cal Ripken Jr.
The Boston Red Sox contain members from the show Cheers. Cliff Claven who in real life is (Scott Bankhead), Norm Peterson who is in real life is pitcher (Greg Harris), and Sam Malone who represents closer (Jeff Russell) are all present. Also included are Boston landmarks (B. Common who is really infielder (Luis Rivera), M. Harvard) who is really catcher (Tony Pena) and figures from early American history (J. Adams who is in place of (Billy Hatcher), J. Hancock who takes the place of (Rob Deer), A. Hamilton) who is infielder (Scott Fletcher).
The California Angels have famous actors on their team (F. Astaire whose real life counterpart is (Chad Curtis), H. Bogart whose real life counterpart is (Chili Davis), J. Wayne) whose real life counterpart is (J.T. Snow).
The Chicago Cubs has game director Brian Ullrich standing in for Ryne Sandberg. The bullpen has some seemingly generic names, such as P. Drifter, T. Yokel, and R. Steel.
The Chicago White Sox are former basketball players from St. John's University (M. Sealy, C. Mullin, M. Jackson).
The Cincinnati Reds are writers (B. Stoker, P. Dick, E. Queen).
The Cleveland Indians have famous actresses and glamour girls on their team. (A. Margret, A. Hepburn, M. Monroe, G. Garbo).
The Colorado Rockies contain famous names from horror movies (including G. Romero whose real life counterpart is (Kent Bottenfield), B. Lugosi whose real life counterpart is (Alex Cole), and T. Savini) whose real life counterpart is (Bruce Ruffin).
The Detroit Tigers are famous Motown singers, (A. Franklin whose real life counterpart is (John Doherty), G. Knight whose real life counterpart is (Bill Gullickson) and R. Smokey) whose real life counterpart is Gary Thurman).
The Houston Astros are cartoonists (G. Larson, W. Eisner, S. Lee).
The Kansas City Royals are based on U.S. presidents (the third batter is D. Ike, whose real-life counterpart is DH Hall of famer George Brett).
The Los Angeles Dodgers are based on punk rock pioneers from Los Angeles and other areas around California including Exene Cervenka whose real life counterpart is (Jose Offerman), John Doe whose real life counterpart is (Mike Piazza) and DJ Bonebrake of Xwhose real life counterpart is (Brett Butler), Poison Ivywhose real life counterpart is (Mitch Webster) and Lux Interior of The Cramps whose real life counterpart is (Eric Karros), Jello Biafra whose real life counterpart is (Ricky Trlicek), and Klaus Flouride of the Dead Kennedys whose real life counterpart is (Pedro Astacio), and Lee Ving of Fear whose real life counterpart is (Orel Hershiser).
The Milwaukee Brewers have a pitching staff consisting of superhero "secret identities" (P. Parker, C. Kent, B. Wayne), while their position players are fictional secret agents and detectives (J. Rockford, J. Bond, P. Columbo).
The Minnesota Twins are not named for famous sets of twins. The player's names are based on celebrities of various backgrounds, from actor Adam West (Kent Hrbek), guitarist Jimi Hendrix and pitcher W. Herzog.
The Montreal Expos are people from the 1980s music scene in Manchester, England, including members of New Order, The Smiths, and Ian Brown of The Stone Roses.
The New York Mets are based on punk rock pioneers from New York including Johnny Thunders whose real life counterpart is (Eddie Murray), Joey Ramone whose real life counterpart is (Jeff Kent), Tom Verlaine whose real life counterpart is (Bobby Bonilla), and Jerry Nolan whose real life counterpart is (Anthony Young).
The New York Yankees have the nicknames of famous Yankee greats, such as Bambino whose real life counterpart is (Danny Tartabull), and New York boroughs such as S.Island whose real life counterpart is (Spike Owen).
The Oakland Athletics apparently hired more authors with H. Ernest (he replaces Mark McGwire), L. Byronwhose real life counterpart is (Mike Aldrete), M. Twain whose real life counterpart is (Brent Gates), and L. Tolstoy whose real life counterpart is (Dave Henderson).
The Philadelphia Phillies feature a Rocky homage in R. Balboa (Darren Daulton) and A. Creed (Dave Hollins). They also have a Philadelphia landmark (L. Bell) and some of the musicians produced by Phil Spector (D. Love, B. Medley), as well as Spector, himself (John Kruk).
The Pittsburgh Pirates are named after characters from the soap opera Coronation Street.
The San Francisco Giants are members of Software Creations, the team that developed the game.
The San Diego Padres are based on punk rock pioneers from England including (Billy Idol, the members of The Damned, Johnny Rotten, and Sid Vicious).
The Seattle Mariners have Nintendo of America employees on their team, except Ken Griffey, Jr.
The St. Louis Cardinals are comedians (H. Moe is actually Bob Tewksbury, O. Hardy is famous shortstop Ozzie Smith).
The Texas Rangers, appropriately, have a Western theme (their best pitcher, T. Mix, "fills in" for Kevin Brown).
The Toronto Blue Jays are players from the Wigan Warriors Rugby league team (E. Hanley, M. Offiah, D. Betts).
3) I did manage to pitch a perfect game once and was the highlight of the year for me; too bad I was too young to try and record it or something

Like I said a great baseball game and since then I don't know no other baseball game I've seen/played has matched the charm of this
11/11- Slipknot/Korn
11/19- Judas Priest
Old 04-01-2014, 10:21 AM

Quote:

In the spirit of baseball starting up again, I present the only baseball game I really got into

Ken Griffey Jr. was the shit back in the mid 90's and because of his popularity had a string of baseball games bearing his likeness. I fee like the SNES verison was one of the best sports games I have played, only surpassed by NFL Blitz

I remember a few fond memories playing this: 1) In order to master the game you pretty much had to play as the Seattle Mariners with KGJ since he had the best power, speed, etc. 2) Because this game was not a players assoication game, all the players names outside of Griffery were fictious and the game got creative with those names:

3) I did manage to pitch a perfect game once and was the highlight of the year for me; too bad I was too young to try and record it or something

Like I said a great baseball game and since then I don't know no other baseball game I've seen/played has matched the charm of this
I KNEW I WAS MISSING A FUCKING GAME FROM MY LIST!!!! AWWWW I used to play this every single day! Such an amazing game and so addicting.... especially for Baseball!

- Funeral Age
funeralage.bandcamp.com