Cannibal Corpse -- South Burlington, VT -- July 28th, 2014
Nine Inch Nails -- Camden, NJ -- July 30th, 2014
Judas Priest -- Vorst, Belgium -- March 16th, 1991
Black Label Society -- Memphis, TN -- July 27th, 2014
Megadeth -- Milwaukee, WI -- July 19th, 2013

Go Back   WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM > Community Forums > General Chat > Video Games

Old 03-20-2014, 12:00 PM
PAAAAAAANTURRRUUUHHHHHH!! !!!!

Good to see some love for a Lego game! 100%ing Lego Batman was one of the most satisfying feelings I have ever had from a video game!

- Funeral Age
facebook.com/funeralageofficial
funeralage.bandcamp.com
Old 03-20-2014, 12:20 PM
Close your eyes forget your name

Quote:
Originally Posted by John The Drummer View Post

Good to see some love for a Lego game! 100%ing Lego Batman was one of the most satisfying feelings I have ever had from a video game!
I know how you feel I did 100% on Star Wars (1-6) and it was amazing

Speaking of Batman

Still the same fun game play as all Lego games; the one thing that separates this from the others I have played is that it has its own story. I also loved unlocking and playing as the villains in part because Batman villains are so iconic. Using all of Batman's vehicles and gadgets made it even better
11/19- Judas Priest
Old 03-20-2014, 12:52 PM
You can't save me any more than you can save yourself, so stop fucking trying

I've been playing a shit-ton of Lego: Star Wars with my oldest son the last month.
10/18 -- King Diamond
11/01 -- Suffocation
Old 03-20-2014, 01:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisposableJustice View Post
I know how you feel I did 100% on Star Wars (1-6) and it was amazing

Speaking of Batman

Still the same fun game play as all Lego games; the one thing that separates this from the others I have played is that it has its own story. I also loved unlocking and playing as the villains in part because Batman villains are so iconic. Using all of Batman's vehicles and gadgets made it even better
SPoiler alert: This is on my list as well
Such a fun game! From beginnnig to end! Even the hard parts are still enjoyable. I realy loved the church (?) level where you fight the joker.

- Funeral Age
funeralage.bandcamp.com
Old 03-20-2014, 01:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamclark52 View Post
I've been playing a shit-ton of Lego: Star Wars with my oldest son the last month.
That is awesome; that is why I loved the Lego series, young and old, experience and novice and play and enjoy it together

and Lego Star Wars, well that is on my list, but no quite yet
11/19- Judas Priest
Old 03-21-2014, 11:53 AM

Lego Harry Potter was pretty cool, helped my GF's son beat a level of it... was super confusing though, didn't know what to do at first

- Funeral Age
funeralage.bandcamp.com
Old 03-22-2014, 09:02 PM

While this entry is on the '07 version I think overall the NCAA franchise has done very well and I have enjoyed most of the titles put out by EA and I think in many ways NCAA Football is much superior to the Madden titles

I remember getting hooked on this version for two reasons: 1) the build your own team mode; while this mode was not new (I believe it was created two titles earlier) it was very much polished; At the time I had just started my undergrad studies at the University of Northern Colorado and the football team was not a Division I school but with create a school, I made my school plus a few others and it was a load of fun; the process was easy there was many options to build your school considering the limitations of the original Xbox compared to today.

2) Campus legend...finish high school, pick a college and make your way up the ladder to become the greatest college football player ever. A majority of NCAA Football titles had this mode, but NCAA 2007 had an interesting feature: when you choose a school, you also choose a course of study; I shit you not you got to choose around 20 real life courses of study, and in order to stay on the team you had to keep your grades up; as I was studying psychology at the time, I had my game character choose psychology...needless to say I barely keep my spot on the team because of average grades. This part of the mode was taken out in future release because I am sure players were upset that it was too real and they had to think. I thought it was a gamble to put it in the first place but I gave EA credit for trying something so outlandish in a sports game
11/19- Judas Priest
Old 03-23-2014, 10:33 AM

I've really been wanting to pick up a football game, and Gamestop has a lot of the older ones for only $0.99.

I don't remember which NCAA title I played, but it was also on Ps2 and I LOVED it. Tried playing the Madden of the same year and just couldn't enjoy it as much. Good to see some love for this series.

- Funeral Age
funeralage.bandcamp.com
Old 03-23-2014, 12:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by John The Drummer View Post
I've really been wanting to pick up a football game, and Gamestop has a lot of the older ones for only $0.99.

I don't remember which NCAA title I played, but it was also on Ps2 and I LOVED it. Tried playing the Madden of the same year and just couldn't enjoy it as much. Good to see some love for this series.
My favorite part of the NCAA series was the creation of a team and a player; I thought it was much cooler to join your favorite college team and play from being a freshman to a senior. I loved, loved the create a team, but I recall it went missing for about 3 or 4 games until 2012 when it came back, but it was all done online, which opened up more options on creating your team but I had shitty wireless internet in my apartment so it really was a disadvantage to players who didn't have internet access or slow connections which even today is still a possibility.

The most recent NCAA I played ('13) had the option to change around the conferences which was neat considering the amount of conference chance in the real NCAA and plus I was able to import all my created teams into a conference which was very cool
11/19- Judas Priest
Old 03-23-2014, 12:55 PM

So once again the unwritten rule of a video game tie-in for a movie sucking major balls, I feel works the majority of the time, but not all the time

Here, the game is vastly superior to the movie (for those who didn't see the movie, you would think a Wolverine movie would be awesome but watered down action, horrid acting and a plot that comic book fans wonder if the writers were reading the wrong comic, but back to the game)

X-Men OW is simply one of the most brutal games I have played, and of course it helps being in control of one of the most violent comic book character with one of the coolest and deadly weapons. Here you have full control over his cawls, his healing ability and badassery and the game does a great job of making you feel like Wolverine and holds nothing back in the absolute slaugther of the enemies in the game: since words fail me to fully detail this, a video can

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OAivhoYuznY

The only downfall of this game is that it has to follow some of the stupid plot from the movie including the ending battle vs "Deadpool" But all in all a really fun, violent game
11/19- Judas Priest