Home Set Lists Forums The Permanent Record Asshole Opinion

Marduk -- Norrköping, Sweden -- December 19th-20th, 2014
Despised Icon -- Worcester, MA -- December 21st, 2014
Cormorant -- San Francisco, CA -- December 20th, 2014
Opeth -- Toronto, Ontario -- December 21st, 2014
It Lies Within -- Flint, MI -- December 21st, 2014


Go Back   WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM > Community Forums > Set Lists and Gig Reports

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #31  
Old 02-24-2014, 06:15 PM
TehBr00tulz's Avatar
TehBr00tulz TehBr00tulz is offline
N00B
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Boston, MA
Posts: 354
Your description of Deafheaven is exactly how I feel about Subrosa. Also, their performance of Sun of Nothing was phenomenal, way better than when they played it on Summer Slaughter in 2012.
__________________
12/10 - Russian Circles
12/12 - Morne
12/19 - Pig Destroyer
12/20 - Trans Siberian Orchestra?
12/21 - Despised Icon
1/02 - Forn?
Reply With Quote
  #32  
Old 02-24-2014, 06:16 PM
slapguitarer's Avatar
slapguitarer slapguitarer is online now
Metal Setlists Elitist Committee
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: San Jose
Posts: 5,616
Ah yeah. Vernon is a b-side from Valley of Smoke. They hinted that they'd be playing it this tour.


As for your critique of Deafheaven: I'm not really gonna give you shit. You tried listening to their album, you saw them live, and you just don't like them. and something tells me you don't dislike them for the sake of hating on "hipster metal". I'm not sure how somebody who loves Parallax II can think Deafheaven's transitions are sloppy, but hey. And I also think George's shrieks are great for black metal for the exact reason that they're ear shattering. Shrieks aren't supposed to sound pretty. But whatever. Everybody is entitled to their own opinion.













yours are just wrong
__________________
1/2 Pity Sex/Whirr
3/7 Enslaved/Yob
4/17 ELECTRIC FUCKING WIZARD
Reply With Quote
  #33  
Old 02-24-2014, 06:17 PM
slapguitarer's Avatar
slapguitarer slapguitarer is online now
Metal Setlists Elitist Committee
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: San Jose
Posts: 5,616
Quote:
Originally Posted by TehBr00tulz View Post
Your description of Deafheaven is exactly how I feel about Subrosa.



It's one thing to hate on Deafheaven, but you need to back the FUCK up talking shit on SubRosa.
__________________
1/2 Pity Sex/Whirr
3/7 Enslaved/Yob
4/17 ELECTRIC FUCKING WIZARD
Reply With Quote
  #34  
Old 02-24-2014, 06:19 PM
nbourque nbourque is offline
N00B
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Maine
Posts: 30
Couldn't agree more with mastodon421's review. I'll never get the appeal with deafheaven. To me it's just complete hipster music and terribly boring. Even their bass player looked bored as hell on stage. Lol.
Reply With Quote
  #35  
Old 02-24-2014, 06:20 PM
anomynous's Avatar
anomynous anomynous is offline
Metal-Setlistcore
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: St. Louis
Posts: 2,149
Reply With Quote
  #36  
Old 02-24-2014, 06:24 PM
slapguitarer's Avatar
slapguitarer slapguitarer is online now
Metal Setlists Elitist Committee
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: San Jose
Posts: 5,616
Quote:
Originally Posted by nbourque View Post
Couldn't agree more with mastodon421's review. I'll never get the appeal with deafheaven. To me it's just complete hipster music and terribly boring. Even their bass player looked bored as hell on stage. Lol.
Your validity goes out the window you use that word. "i don't like it because people who aren't metal heads like it so that must means its a lessor form of metal". I'm not saying you can't like Deafheaven, but once you start throwing "hipster" out, you can jump off a cliff.
__________________
1/2 Pity Sex/Whirr
3/7 Enslaved/Yob
4/17 ELECTRIC FUCKING WIZARD
Reply With Quote
  #37  
Old 02-24-2014, 06:37 PM
mankvill's Avatar
mankvill mankvill is offline
Pop Punk > Slipknot and Y&T
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Kansas
Posts: 22,352
Blog Entries: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by nbourque View Post
Couldn't agree more with mastodon421's review. I'll never get the appeal with deafheaven. To me it's just complete hipster music and terribly boring. Even their bass player looked bored as hell on stage. Lol.
__________________
12/16 - Pallbearer
12/18 - Orange Goblin
Reply With Quote
  #38  
Old 02-24-2014, 06:43 PM
anomynous's Avatar
anomynous anomynous is offline
Metal-Setlistcore
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: St. Louis
Posts: 2,149
Reply With Quote
  #39  
Old 02-24-2014, 06:44 PM
mastodon421's Avatar
mastodon421 mastodon421 is offline
Not popular in Buffalo
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Swampscott,Massachusetts
Posts: 6,868
Quote:
Originally Posted by slapguitarer View Post
Ah yeah. Vernon is a b-side from Valley of Smoke. They hinted that they'd be playing it this tour.


As for your critique of Deafheaven: I'm not really gonna give you shit. You tried listening to their album, you saw them live, and you just don't like them. and something tells me you don't dislike them for the sake of hating on "hipster metal". I'm not sure how somebody who loves Parallax II can think Deafheaven's transitions are sloppy, but hey. And I also think George's shrieks are great for black metal for the exact reason that they're ear shattering. Shrieks aren't supposed to sound pretty. But whatever. Everybody is entitled to their own opinion.













yours are just wrong
You're correct that my dislike of Deafheaven has nothing to do with hating on hipster bands. I might not like them or any other band that falls under the atmospheric black metal genre tag, but I'm more than down with plenty of other acts that are given the dreaded hipster tag. I'll admit, I have a good time making fun of hipsters, but I'm certainly not going to hate a band because they have a lot of hipsters fans/play a hipster style of music.
__________________
12/11 ETID/TGI
12/21 TRC/DI
12/27 Four Year Strong
1/25 August Burns Red
1/31 Machine Head

http://maitlandsmadness.blogspot.com/
Reply With Quote
  #40  
Old 02-24-2014, 06:51 PM
GarageMetal468's Avatar
GarageMetal468 GarageMetal468 is offline
WELCOME TO THE WEST COAST
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Illinois
Posts: 3,318
Quote:
Originally Posted by mastodon421 View Post
You're correct that my dislike of Deafheaven has nothing to do with hating on hipster bands. I might not like them or any other band that falls under the atmospheric black metal genre tag, but I'm more than down with plenty of other acts that are given the dreaded hipster tag. I'll admit, I have a good time making fun of hipsters, but I'm certainly not going to hate a band because they have a lot of hipsters fans/play a hipster style of music.
Exactly. It's not the fact that Deafheaven suck because they appeal to hipsters. It's the fact that they suck because they legitimately suck.
__________________
https://www.facebook.com/nucleusmetal
http://nucleus.bandcamp.com/album/the-colony
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
between the buried and me, deafheaven, intronaut, the kindred

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 08:44 PM.


Blah Blah Blah Copyright WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM 2008