Cormorant -- San Francisco, CA -- December 20th, 2014
Opeth -- Toronto, Ontario -- December 21st, 2014
It Lies Within -- Flint, MI -- December 21st, 2014
Pig Destroyer -- Philadelphia, PA -- December 20th, 2014

Old 03-03-2014, 02:37 PM
I'm Young, I'm Wild, And I'm Free

14.Toy Story

Released In 1995

Toy Story is by no comparison, the best movie Disney has ever made. A great light-hearted story filled with humor, this movie is the best animated movie in history IMO.

Favorite character: Buzz Lightyear

Favorite quote:
Buzz: [Woody, scared, walks backwards and he gets startled by Buzz. Buzz keeps talking to his "mission log"] And according to my navi-computer, the...
Woody: [whispers] SHUT UP! Just shut up, you idiot!
Buzz: Sheriff, this is no time to panic.
Woody: This is a perfect time to panic! I'm lost, Andy is gone, they're gonna move to their new house in two days, and it's all your fault!
Buzz: My... My fault? If you hadn't pushed me out of the window in the first place...
Woody: Oh, yeah? Well, if *you* hadn't shown up with your stupid little cardboard spaceship and taken away everything that was important to me...
Buzz: Don't talk to me about importance! Because of *you*, the future of this entire universe is in jeopardy!
Woody: What? What are you talkin' about?
Buzz: Right now, poised at the edge of the galaxy, Emperor Zurg has been secretly building a weapon with the destructive capacity to annihilate an entire planet! I alone have information that reveals this weapon's only weakness. And *you*, my friend, are responsible for delaying my rendezvous with Star Command!
Woody: [pauses] YOU ARE A *TOY*! You aren't the real Buzz Lightyear! You're - you're an action figure!
[holds hand up to eyes indicating something small]
Woody: You are a child's play thing!
Buzz: You are a sad, strange little man, and you have my pity.
[waves in military fashion]
Buzz: Farewell.
[starts to walk away]
Woody: Oh, yeah? Well, good riddance, ya loony!
[grumbles]
Woody: Rendezvous with Star Command.

Favorite scene: The toys first meet Buzz

Favorite song off soundtrack: You've Got A Friend In Me
Old 03-03-2014, 02:48 PM
THIS IS LHHC!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SomewhereInTime72 View Post
It'd make your list smaller, but personally I would just count the HP series as one item on my list if I were making one.

As a note though, I watched/read everything in the HP series and enjoyed it all, but never did I actually consider anything legitimately "good."
Yeah, all of this. You could just condense all the HPs into one and you'd have room for, like, seven more interesting entries.
1/9 Skull Fist
1/10 Cruel Hand
1/16 Mayhem
1/23 Sea of Shit
Old 03-03-2014, 02:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalfitegrdan View Post
Yeah, all of this. You could just condense all the HPs into one and you'd have room for, like, seven more interesting entries.
See there's no way I would want all the HP series put into one spot, some are drastically better than others (like Azkaban over Half-Blood). I never liked the idea of condensing things like this anyway.
Old 03-03-2014, 03:21 PM
SADISTIC, MAGICIAN

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWildAndTheYoung View Post
Those that don't like Lotr movies either a) have no imagination, b) have no care for a good story and think the movie is boring if it doesn't have an action scene in the first ten minutes, or c) haven't seen them. Since you have obviously have seen them, is your situation a) or b)?
Or indulgent film-making isn't his bag? LotR is one of the most indulgent film series ever, and the story is pretty flimsy too. People are allowed dislike the film series, it's very flawed.

Anyway, Toy Story rules, hard.
Old 03-03-2014, 04:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dextrimental View Post
Or indulgent film-making isn't his bag? LotR is one of the most indulgent film series ever, and the story is pretty flimsy too. People are allowed dislike the film series,
No, no their not.

Quote:
it's very flawed.
This is the worst statement in history.

Not to mention he is seriously the only person I've ever heard of to watch the series and not like it (I'm not joking here, everyone I know loves this series except the few who haven't watched it).

Last edited by TheWildAndTheYoung; 03-03-2014 at 04:04 PM.
Old 03-03-2014, 04:27 PM
N00B

Quote:
OUT OF HERE NOW!

Those that don't like Lotr movies either a) have no imagination, b) have no care for a good story and think the movie is boring if it doesn't have an action scene in the first ten minutes, or c) haven't seen them. Since you have obviously have seen them, is your situation a) or b)?
I guess a? I've watched and enjoyed movies that some people say are boring, so I guess it just depends on the story. I also like baseball, so there's that.

Also, does Toy Story really count as a Disney film? Disney Animation studios didn't do it, Pixar did. Disney only really handles the marketing and distribution. Yeah they own the company now, but they also own Marvel Studios, and I wouldn't call any of the marvel cinematic Universe "Disney movies".
Old 03-03-2014, 05:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnthG View Post
I guess a? I've watched and enjoyed movies that some people say are boring, so I guess it just depends on the story. I also like baseball, so there's that.

Also, does Toy Story really count as a Disney film? Disney Animation studios didn't do it, Pixar did. Disney only really handles the marketing and distribution. Yeah they own the company now, but they also own Marvel Studios, and I wouldn't call any of the marvel cinematic Universe "Disney movies".
lol, it's cool, just don't be dissin' anything LOTR related in my presence (you can bag on my glam anytime you want and I won't care, but when it comes to LOTR, things can get ugly )

And if it's not counted as a Disney film, then that makes Lion King the best Disney film. I've always considered Toy Story Disney though.
Old 03-03-2014, 05:36 PM
SADISTIC, MAGICIAN

Quote:
No, no their not.

This is the worst statement in history.

Not to mention he is seriously the only person I've ever heard of to watch the series and not like it (I'm not joking here, everyone I know loves this series except the few who haven't watched it).
Yes, THEY are.

And no it's not. They are flawed. The pacing for Two Towers and Return of the King is stilted, Fellowship is a total bore for the first half, the amount of sweeping land shots is just ridiculous, special effects haven't aged all that well and the side-stories become confusing in the second half of the trilogy. I happen to really enjoy the films, but they are flawed.

Please, please remember that because you haven't encountered anyone who doesn't like something doesn't mean they don't exist and that their opinion isn't valid.

Carry on.
Old 03-03-2014, 08:02 PM

Quote:
Yes, THEY are.

And no it's not. They are flawed. The pacing for Two Towers and Return of the King is stilted, Fellowship is a total bore for the first half, the amount of sweeping land shots is just ridiculous, special effects haven't aged all that well and the side-stories become confusing in the second half of the trilogy. I happen to really enjoy the films, but they are flawed.

Please, please remember that because you haven't encountered anyone who doesn't like something doesn't mean they don't exist and that their opinion isn't valid.

Carry on.
Everything in the this paragraph is opposite in my opinion, there's only two VERY minor flaws they have in my opinion (one throughout the course of all three, one just in Return Of The King). I for one don't believe there's ever been a movie to capture fantasy effects better than these films. The pacing is just perfect for me, first half of Fellowship is what makes it a movie that cares about developing a good background for the story that is ahead, sweeping land shots are epic no matter what (I wanna see as much as possible of that New Zealand landscape), and I would hardly consider the side-stories confusing, I was able to understand them almost instantly when I was five so don't know how that logic works.

Don't want to start a war here, but if there's one thing about me you gotta know is that if you bring up Lotr in any way, shape, or form, I'm going to turn it into a hour long discussion either enjoying it with you or trying prove to you that it is a perfect movie series (no matter if I know you'll never agree with me or not).
Old 03-03-2014, 08:08 PM
SADISTIC, MAGICIAN

Alright, on you go.