Home Set Lists Forums The Permanent Record Asshole Opinion

It Lies Within -- Westland, MI -- December 16th, 2014
Pallbearer -- Kansas City, MO -- December 16th, 2014
System Of A Down -- Inglewood, CA -- December 13th, 2014
Despised Icon -- Montreal, Quebec -- December 13th, 2014
Nonpoint -- Flint, MI -- December 13th, 2014

Old 03-01-2014, 02:46 PM
Pop Punk > Slipknot and Y&T

No joke, I think the 2008 Rambo might be the most gory/violent movie ever released in theaters.
Old 03-01-2014, 04:21 PM
with his arms outstretched

Quote:
Originally Posted by mankvill View Post
No joke, I think the 2008 Rambo might be the most gory/violent movie ever released in theaters.
It's insane. And what's scary is that while the gore is exaggerated, the attacks on the villages aren't too far off the mark.

12/27 -- Unearth/Protest the Hero
03/07 -- Video Games Live
07/06 -- U2
Old 03-01-2014, 04:49 PM
Not popular in Buffalo

Quote:
Originally Posted by mankvill View Post
For a mainstream American movie, absolutely. I'm honestly shocked it was able to get away with an R rating.
1/25 August Burns Red
1/31 Machine Head

http://maitlandsmadness.blogspot.com/
Old 03-01-2014, 06:44 PM
I'm Young, I'm Wild, And I'm Free

19.Harry Potter And The Chamber Of Secrets

Released In 2002

It's time for another HP inclusion on this list, and this time it's Chamber Of Secrets. This one continues in the HP story just like expected, and, just like the first movie, is almost exactly like the book. I like this one more than the first because it's a little darker and has a more mysterious story. Overall great movie, but there's one thing that annoys me though that I recently find out,*Spoiler Alert* (though I doubt this is needed) and it is that when Harry and Ron read the piece of paper they find in Hermione's hand, they look over one important thing that you can see clearly written on the paper when you pause it: The cry of a rooster can kill the Basilisk. Of course you find out in the book (and deleted scenes) that all of Hagrid's rooster were killed, but no one seeing the movie knows that, so for all they know Harry is just deciding not to read the whole thing and that the whole rest of their task could have been a WHOLE LOT EASIER.

Favorite character: Harry/Hermione

Favorite quote:
Dumbledore: It is not our abilities that show what we truly are. It is our choices.

Favorite scene: Harry And Ron's meeting with Aragog and his family

Favorite song off soundtrack: Harry's Wondrous World
Old 03-01-2014, 06:50 PM
SADISTIC, MAGICIAN

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWildAndTheYoung View Post
19.Harry Potter And The Chamber Of Secrets

Released In 2002

It's time for another HP inclusion on this list, and this time it's Chamber Of Secrets. This one continues in the HP story just like expected, and, just like the first movie, is almost exactly like the book. I like this one more than the first because it's a little darker and has a more mysterious story. Overall great movie, but there's one thing that annoys me though that I recently find out,*Spoiler Alert* (though I doubt this is needed) and it is that when Harry and Ron read the piece of paper they find in Hermione's hand, they look over one important thing that you can see clearly written on the paper when you pause it: The cry of a rooster can kill the Basilisk. Of course you find out in the book (and deleted scenes) that all of Hagrid's rooster were killed, but no one seeing the movie knows that, so for all they know Harry is just deciding not to read the whole thing and that the whole rest of their task could have been a WHOLE LOT EASIER.

Favorite character: Harry/Hermione

Favorite quote:
Dumbledore: It is not our abilities that show what we truly are. It is our choices.

Favorite scene: Harry And Ron's meeting with Aragog and his family

Favorite song off soundtrack: Harry's Wondrous World
Yeah, that bugged the HELL out of me in this film. I mean, why delete a scene that contains information integral to the movie!? One of the stronger HP flicks though, probably my favorite, though they go pretty far down after this one in my view.
Old 03-01-2014, 07:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dextrimental View Post
Yeah, that bugged the HELL out of me in this film. I mean, why delete a scene that contains information integral to the movie!? One of the stronger HP flicks though, probably my favorite, though they go pretty far down after this one in my view.
Idk, to me if they had to get rid of scenes because of time restraints those shouldn't have been the ones left out. I do have disagree with your last comment though, the next one *hint* gets only better.
Old 03-01-2014, 08:14 PM
SADISTIC, MAGICIAN

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWildAndTheYoung View Post
Idk, to me if they had to get rid of scenes because of time restraints those shouldn't have been the ones left out. I do have disagree with your last comment though, the next one *hint* gets only better.
I think they were just badly written for screen to be honest

Azkaban is pretty okay, Goblet, Pheonix and Half-Blood Prince are sinfully bad though. Deathly Hallows is a really nice one-two punch though.
Old 03-01-2014, 08:23 PM
with his arms outstretched

I could never get in to the Harry Potter movies:
1. Daniel Radcliff is such a terrible actor (especially in the earlier ones, which are to only ones I've seen)
2. It came out at the same time as the Lord of the Rings trilogy and while they're very different...c'mon
3. Daniel Radcliff's acting
4. I worked at a book distributer when it was getting popular and I just didn't want to hear about it anymore
5. Daniel Radcliff's facial expressions
6. The idiot President of the book distributer passed on the Canadian Publishing rights to Harry Potter and we were cutting tons of jobs while Harry Potter was getting popular
7. Daniel Radcliff's face
8. I may have been too old when they came out (in my early twenties)
9. They just sucked
10. Daniel Radcliff

All joking aside, Daniel Radcliff was so terrible in the first movie that it killed the whole series for me. I know he was a child but there are good child actors out there. I did like the third one the first time I saw it because I liked the little twists at the end. But when I watched that movie again I already knew the twists so it was lost to me.

12/27 -- Unearth/Protest the Hero
03/07 -- Video Games Live
07/06 -- U2

Last edited by adamclark52; 03-01-2014 at 08:29 PM.
Old 03-02-2014, 12:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamclark52 View Post
I could never get in to the Harry Potter movies:
1. Daniel Radcliff is such a terrible actor (especially in the earlier ones, which are to only ones I've seen)
2. It came out at the same time as the Lord of the Rings trilogy and while they're very different...c'mon
3. Daniel Radcliff's acting
4. I worked at a book distributer when it was getting popular and I just didn't want to hear about it anymore
5. Daniel Radcliff's facial expressions
6. The idiot President of the book distributer passed on the Canadian Publishing rights to Harry Potter and we were cutting tons of jobs while Harry Potter was getting popular
7. Daniel Radcliff's face
8. I may have been too old when they came out (in my early twenties)
9. They just sucked
10. Daniel Radcliff

All joking aside, Daniel Radcliff was so terrible in the first movie that it killed the whole series for me. I know he was a child but there are good child actors out there. I did like the third one the first time I saw it because I liked the little twists at the end. But when I watched that movie again I already knew the twists so it was lost to me.
Hmm, odd, I thought he did an amazing job. You should really watch the rest though, you'll probably like the more recent ones
Old 03-02-2014, 12:24 PM

18.Raiders Of The Lost Ark

Released In 1981

What can I say, it's Indiana Jones. One of the greatest action/adventure movie heroes of all time. The movie is just a classic that will always be loved.

Favorite character: Indiana Jones

Favorite quote:
Indiana: You want to talk to God? Let's go see him together, I've got nothing better to do.

Favorite scene: Indiana runs from giant boulder

Favorite song off soundtrack: The Raiders March