Home Set Lists Forums The Permanent Record Asshole Opinion

Sleep -- Chicago, IL -- August 29th, 2014
Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers -- Clarkston, MI -- August 24th, 2014
Cheap Trick -- Boston, MA -- August 27th, 2014
Misery Signals -- Toronto, Ontario -- August 23rd, 2014
Rhapsody of Fire -- Cd. Obregon, Mex -- August 24th, 2014

  #91  
Old 03-01-2014, 01:46 PM
mankvill's Avatar
mankvill mankvill is offline
Pop Punk > Slipknot and Y&T
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Kansas
Posts: 21,730
Blog Entries: 19
No joke, I think the 2008 Rambo might be the most gory/violent movie ever released in theaters.
__________________
09/02 - Solstice
09/05 - DRI
09/09 - Origin
09/14 - Citizen
09/17 - Mineral
09/18 - Clutch
Reply With Quote
  #92  
Old 03-01-2014, 03:21 PM
adamclark52's Avatar
adamclark52 adamclark52 is offline
You can't save me any more than you can save yourself, so stop fucking trying
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Keswick, Ontario
Posts: 4,367
Quote:
Originally Posted by mankvill View Post
No joke, I think the 2008 Rambo might be the most gory/violent movie ever released in theaters.
It's insane. And what's scary is that while the gore is exaggerated, the attacks on the villages aren't too far off the mark.
__________________
09/19 - Deafheaven
09/26 - Belphegor
10/18 - King Diamond
11/01 - Suffocation
11/30 - Devin Townsend
12/06 - DistantWorlds:theMusicofFinalFantasy
Reply With Quote
  #93  
Old 03-01-2014, 03:49 PM
mastodon421's Avatar
mastodon421 mastodon421 is offline
Not popular in Buffalo
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Swampscott,Massachusetts
Posts: 6,697
Quote:
Originally Posted by mankvill View Post
No joke, I think the 2008 Rambo might be the most gory/violent movie ever released in theaters.
For a mainstream American movie, absolutely. I'm honestly shocked it was able to get away with an R rating.
__________________
9/28 Coheed and Cambria
10/10 Limp Bizkit

http://maitlandsmadness.blogspot.com/
Reply With Quote
  #94  
Old 03-01-2014, 05:44 PM
TheWildAndTheYoung's Avatar
TheWildAndTheYoung TheWildAndTheYoung is offline
I'm Young, I'm Wild, And I'm Free
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 2,176
19.Harry Potter And The Chamber Of Secrets


Released In 2002

It's time for another HP inclusion on this list, and this time it's Chamber Of Secrets. This one continues in the HP story just like expected, and, just like the first movie, is almost exactly like the book. I like this one more than the first because it's a little darker and has a more mysterious story. Overall great movie, but there's one thing that annoys me though that I recently find out,*Spoiler Alert* (though I doubt this is needed) and it is that when Harry and Ron read the piece of paper they find in Hermione's hand, they look over one important thing that you can see clearly written on the paper when you pause it: The cry of a rooster can kill the Basilisk. Of course you find out in the book (and deleted scenes) that all of Hagrid's rooster were killed, but no one seeing the movie knows that, so for all they know Harry is just deciding not to read the whole thing and that the whole rest of their task could have been a WHOLE LOT EASIER.

Favorite character: Harry/Hermione

Favorite quote:
Dumbledore: It is not our abilities that show what we truly are. It is our choices.

Favorite scene: Harry And Ron's meeting with Aragog and his family

Favorite song off soundtrack: Harry's Wondrous World
__________________
8/16 - Motley Crue/Alice Cooper
9/27 - Styx
Reply With Quote
  #95  
Old 03-01-2014, 05:50 PM
Dextrimental's Avatar
Dextrimental Dextrimental is offline
SADISTIC, MAGICIAN
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Ireland
Posts: 2,571
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWildAndTheYoung View Post
19.Harry Potter And The Chamber Of Secrets


Released In 2002

It's time for another HP inclusion on this list, and this time it's Chamber Of Secrets. This one continues in the HP story just like expected, and, just like the first movie, is almost exactly like the book. I like this one more than the first because it's a little darker and has a more mysterious story. Overall great movie, but there's one thing that annoys me though that I recently find out,*Spoiler Alert* (though I doubt this is needed) and it is that when Harry and Ron read the piece of paper they find in Hermione's hand, they look over one important thing that you can see clearly written on the paper when you pause it: The cry of a rooster can kill the Basilisk. Of course you find out in the book (and deleted scenes) that all of Hagrid's rooster were killed, but no one seeing the movie knows that, so for all they know Harry is just deciding not to read the whole thing and that the whole rest of their task could have been a WHOLE LOT EASIER.

Favorite character: Harry/Hermione

Favorite quote:
Dumbledore: It is not our abilities that show what we truly are. It is our choices.

Favorite scene: Harry And Ron's meeting with Aragog and his family

Favorite song off soundtrack: Harry's Wondrous World
Yeah, that bugged the HELL out of me in this film. I mean, why delete a scene that contains information integral to the movie!? One of the stronger HP flicks though, probably my favorite, though they go pretty far down after this one in my view.
__________________
Yesterday don't mean SHIT.
Reply With Quote
  #96  
Old 03-01-2014, 06:04 PM
TheWildAndTheYoung's Avatar
TheWildAndTheYoung TheWildAndTheYoung is offline
I'm Young, I'm Wild, And I'm Free
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 2,176
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dextrimental View Post
Yeah, that bugged the HELL out of me in this film. I mean, why delete a scene that contains information integral to the movie!? One of the stronger HP flicks though, probably my favorite, though they go pretty far down after this one in my view.
Idk, to me if they had to get rid of scenes because of time restraints those shouldn't have been the ones left out. I do have disagree with your last comment though, the next one *hint* gets only better.
__________________
8/16 - Motley Crue/Alice Cooper
9/27 - Styx
Reply With Quote
  #97  
Old 03-01-2014, 07:14 PM
Dextrimental's Avatar
Dextrimental Dextrimental is offline
SADISTIC, MAGICIAN
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Ireland
Posts: 2,571
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWildAndTheYoung View Post
Idk, to me if they had to get rid of scenes because of time restraints those shouldn't have been the ones left out. I do have disagree with your last comment though, the next one *hint* gets only better.
I think they were just badly written for screen to be honest

Azkaban is pretty okay, Goblet, Pheonix and Half-Blood Prince are sinfully bad though. Deathly Hallows is a really nice one-two punch though.
__________________
Yesterday don't mean SHIT.
Reply With Quote
  #98  
Old 03-01-2014, 07:23 PM
adamclark52's Avatar
adamclark52 adamclark52 is offline
You can't save me any more than you can save yourself, so stop fucking trying
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Keswick, Ontario
Posts: 4,367
I could never get in to the Harry Potter movies:
1. Daniel Radcliff is such a terrible actor (especially in the earlier ones, which are to only ones I've seen)
2. It came out at the same time as the Lord of the Rings trilogy and while they're very different...c'mon
3. Daniel Radcliff's acting
4. I worked at a book distributer when it was getting popular and I just didn't want to hear about it anymore
5. Daniel Radcliff's facial expressions
6. The idiot President of the book distributer passed on the Canadian Publishing rights to Harry Potter and we were cutting tons of jobs while Harry Potter was getting popular
7. Daniel Radcliff's face
8. I may have been too old when they came out (in my early twenties)
9. They just sucked
10. Daniel Radcliff

All joking aside, Daniel Radcliff was so terrible in the first movie that it killed the whole series for me. I know he was a child but there are good child actors out there. I did like the third one the first time I saw it because I liked the little twists at the end. But when I watched that movie again I already knew the twists so it was lost to me.
__________________
09/19 - Deafheaven
09/26 - Belphegor
10/18 - King Diamond
11/01 - Suffocation
11/30 - Devin Townsend
12/06 - DistantWorlds:theMusicofFinalFantasy

Last edited by adamclark52; 03-01-2014 at 07:29 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #99  
Old 03-02-2014, 11:13 AM
TheWildAndTheYoung's Avatar
TheWildAndTheYoung TheWildAndTheYoung is offline
I'm Young, I'm Wild, And I'm Free
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 2,176
Quote:
Originally Posted by adamclark52 View Post
I could never get in to the Harry Potter movies:
1. Daniel Radcliff is such a terrible actor (especially in the earlier ones, which are to only ones I've seen)
2. It came out at the same time as the Lord of the Rings trilogy and while they're very different...c'mon
3. Daniel Radcliff's acting
4. I worked at a book distributer when it was getting popular and I just didn't want to hear about it anymore
5. Daniel Radcliff's facial expressions
6. The idiot President of the book distributer passed on the Canadian Publishing rights to Harry Potter and we were cutting tons of jobs while Harry Potter was getting popular
7. Daniel Radcliff's face
8. I may have been too old when they came out (in my early twenties)
9. They just sucked
10. Daniel Radcliff

All joking aside, Daniel Radcliff was so terrible in the first movie that it killed the whole series for me. I know he was a child but there are good child actors out there. I did like the third one the first time I saw it because I liked the little twists at the end. But when I watched that movie again I already knew the twists so it was lost to me.
Hmm, odd, I thought he did an amazing job. You should really watch the rest though, you'll probably like the more recent ones
__________________
8/16 - Motley Crue/Alice Cooper
9/27 - Styx
Reply With Quote
  #100  
Old 03-02-2014, 11:24 AM
TheWildAndTheYoung's Avatar
TheWildAndTheYoung TheWildAndTheYoung is offline
I'm Young, I'm Wild, And I'm Free
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 2,176
18.Raiders Of The Lost Ark


Released In 1981

What can I say, it's Indiana Jones. One of the greatest action/adventure movie heroes of all time. The movie is just a classic that will always be loved.

Favorite character: Indiana Jones

Favorite quote:
Indiana: You want to talk to God? Let's go see him together, I've got nothing better to do.

Favorite scene: Indiana runs from giant boulder

Favorite song off soundtrack: The Raiders March
__________________
8/16 - Motley Crue/Alice Cooper
9/27 - Styx
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 12:13 AM.


Blah Blah Blah Copyright WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM 2008