Kid Rock -- Mountain View, CA -- August 30th, 2015

Old 07-21-2015, 08:20 PM
Traditionalist Asshole

The Official Doctor Who Thread:

Why not?

Favorite Doctor: The 3rd, Jon Pertwee
Favorite Companion: Leela

Favorite stories:
Caves of Androzani, The War Games, Genesis of the Daleks, The Time Warrior, Interno, Midnight, The Daemons, The Deadly Assassin, The Empty Child/The Doctor Dances, The Seeds of Doom, Terror of the Autons, The Curse of Fenric, Girl In The Fireplace, The Silurians, Earthshock, Tomb of the Cybermen, The Ark In Space

Stephen Moffat needs to go away, pretty much anyone else would be a better show runner at this point.

Last edited by JRA; 07-21-2015 at 08:23 PM.
Old 07-21-2015, 08:29 PM
Tell me, do you bleed? You will.

Favorite Doctor: David Tennant tied with Tom Baker
Favorite Companion: Donna Noble

Favorite Stories: Blink, The Genesis of the Daleks, Caves of Androzani, Pyramids of Mars, The Day of the Doctor
3/31-4/1 - David Gilmour
Old 07-22-2015, 11:36 AM
Concert Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by SignoftheHammer View Post
Favorite Doctor: David Tennant tied with Tom Baker
Favorite Companion: Donna Noble
Correct.

My knowledge doesn't go much beyond the current reboot though. I've seen something from every Doctor in the original run but not enough to actually rank them except for Tom Baker. He's the only old school Doctor i've seen enough from to form an opinion on. And i'm not about to go back and try to watch all the old stuff either. That's just too big of a task. If BBC America decides to regularly start rerunning all the old ones then I would DVR that shit all day long.

I'm happy just watching and knowing the current version but it has lost a lot of it's magic for me. Peter Capaldi is doing a great job but the stories from last season and some of the ones during Matt Smith's run are just missing something.
Old 07-22-2015, 02:48 PM
Traditionalist Asshole

Dailymotion. And if you like the episodes enough you buy the DVD.

I like Peter Capaldi, but I think the fandom put too much stock into the BBC growing a pair and making him like Malcolm Tucker (the guy that said "KISS MY SWEATY BALLS YOU FAT FUCK" in the 100 greatest movie insults video).

Last edited by JRA; 07-22-2015 at 02:50 PM.
Old 07-24-2015, 09:01 PM
with his arms outstretched

Favorite Doctor: Tom Baker (I do like the first five doctors and David Tennent)
Favorite Companion: none, really. Rose Tyler was hot. Captain Jack Harkness was cool too.

Favorite stories:
I liked everything I ever saw. Warriors of the Deep (fifth doctor) is one that always sticks in my mind. But I can watch almost anything from any of the first run (up to 1989) any day of the week. There were some boring stories towards the end but I wasn't even a teenager when I saw some of those so my opinions may have changed now.

The newer run is okay. I find the terrible effects and costumes in the first run charming and cool. But I found the terrible CGI in the current run...terrible. And I really didn't like when they revealed the Daleks true form and made it into a sympathetic character.

It was on at 4:30 every weekday when I was in grade-school and junior-highschool and I watched it every day. Some of those stories were pretty raw and gritty (lots of death) for after-school TV. I don't think it would fly today. But I don't think damn kids these days would have time for it anyway.

I'd love to go back and watch it all but I just will never have the time.
10/04 -- Black Dahlia Murder
10/16 -- Negura Bunget
11/01 -- Deafheaven
Old 07-27-2015, 12:23 PM
PANNTURRRUHHHHHH!!!!

The original series used to alllllways be on here on the weird channels that surrounded the Christian shows, and I avoided them like the plague for some reason.

I don't follow the "reboot", but have seen quite a bit of it and really enjoyed what I saw! The Angel episodes were pretty awesome.

Funeral Age
funeralage.com

Mesmur
facebook.com/mesmurdoom