Puya -- Washington, D.C. -- September 17th, 2014
Samhain -- Los Angeles, CA -- September 19th, 2014
Deafheaven -- Toronto, Ontario -- September 19th, 2014
DragonForce -- Aberdeen, Scotland -- September 18th, 2014
Electric Light Orchestra -- London, England -- September 14th, 2014

Old 02-11-2014, 07:12 PM
N00B

For Today -- Pontiac, MI -- February 10th, 2014

Of Virtue was one of two local bands that was added to this show literally 48 hours before the gig. BONUS! Sadly they went on 10 minutes after doors opened. I caught their entire set, but a lot of people missed out. This band is fantastic! Check 'em out. For fans of Misery Signals & Hatebreed.

Of Virtue setlist
The Human Condition
Comfort Runs Thin
The Gypsy
So Nearly Free

Alive In Standby played next. Very high energy, but all their songs sounded the exact same to me.

Fit For A King played next. Due to the show running behind schedule, they only got a 15-minute set, but they really made it count. Holy crap! They might've been the best band of the night. During "Hollow King" they had a wall of death that rivaled the best one I've ever seen (Chimaira during "The Dehumanizing Process" at Harpos in Detroit on their tour w/ Soilwork & As I Lay Dying in 2003). Fit For A King is an amazing band!

Fit For A King setlist
The Resistance
Warpath
Keep Me Alive
Hollow King

The Plot In You was next. I've seen them 4x now, and I'm just not a fan at all.

Stray From The Path was up next. I love these guys. Great live band, and I am already stoked to see em this summer on Warped Tour.

Stray From The Path setlist
Badge and a Bullet
Mad Girl
Negative & Violent
Death Beds
Radio
Damien
Scissor Hands
Bring It Back to the Streets

Next was a band called Like Moths To Flames. I may have a new least favorite band. There was nothing original about their music or their live show at all. I'd never seen or heard them before last night, but it was like I'd seen them 100x before. I must've heard "Side to side, front to back," "Pick it up," "If the person next to you isn't moving," about 4 or 5x each. The crowd ate them up, though. I just don't get it. It was one catch phrase & cliche after another, and their music was that same ol' predictable chug, chug, breakdown w/ whiney mellow high pitched singing on the choruses that so many bands try to do nowadays. I'm sick of even thinking about them. NEXT!

For Today headlined. I've seen them live close to 15x now, and this was probably the best show of theirs I've seen yet. I loved hearing the new tunes live. "Break The Cycle" was a great opening number. "My Confession" was a pleasant surprise. They brought out Drew from Stray From The Path for "Arm The Masses." I was thrilled about that. "Fearless" had the craziest pit of the night. I wanted to go to this tour again, but sadly there are no other close dates. If I didn't have a youth b-ball team to coach, I'd go to the Joliet, IL show in two weeks, but I guess it's not meant to be. I could barely sleep last night I was so pumped after the show. I'll see them again on Warped Tour.

For Today setlist
Break The Cycle
Foundation
Pariah
Seraphim
Saul of Tarsus
My Confession
Fight The Silence
Flesh & Blood
Arm The Masses (w/ Drew from Stray From The Path)
Fearless
Devastator
10/5 For Today
10/13 Counterparts
10/16 PJ
11/3 Anberlin
11/5 BOO/Erra
12/9 ETID
12/11 Snot
Old 02-11-2014, 08:24 PM
Some People Call Me The White Devil

I really want to see Stray From The Path soon.

Like Moths To Flames is one of the better bands of their kind and are really funny to watch (mainly their bassist) but I can see why you'd say they are generic.

For Today are cool and all but their preachyness is horrible plus they talk about loving each other and other bullshit and right afterwards tell everyone to fight, its humorous.
Old 02-11-2014, 08:47 PM
Tinnitus

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcmetal108 View Post
plus they talk about loving each other and other bullshit and right afterwards tell everyone to fight, its humorous.
But they fight in a loving way!

I would like to see SFTP live a lot more if the only song they played was Negative and Violent.
11/24 DFA 1979
12/9 ETID
Old 02-13-2014, 06:11 PM
N00B

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcmetal108 View Post
Like Moths To Flames is one of the better bands of their kind and are really funny to watch (mainly their bassist)
They did indeed have a goofy bass player.
10/5 For Today
10/13 Counterparts
10/16 PJ
11/3 Anberlin
11/5 BOO/Erra
12/9 ETID
12/11 Snot

Tags
fit for a king, for today, of virtue, stray from the path