Home Set Lists Forums The Permanent Record Asshole Opinion

Queen -- Columbia, MD -- July 20th, 2014
Deathwish Fest -- Cambridge, MA -- July 22nd, 2014
Queen -- Boston, MA -- July 22nd, 2014
Devourment -- Rochester, NY -- July 21st, 2014
Nine Inch Nails -- Morrison, CO -- July 21st, 2014

Go Back   WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM > Community Forums > Misinformation and Propaganda

Old 02-04-2014, 03:37 PM
Fuck you.

Satan announces first ever North American tour

Old 02-04-2014, 03:42 PM
My heart, tears, and prayers go out to the sad, abused, and suffering children of the world!

Why would a "legendary" band who I've never even heard of only play 6 shows on their very first tour of here? If they're so "legendary", they should not only be doing a much larger tour, but also be playing much larger sized venues.
Old 02-04-2014, 03:46 PM
Fuck you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travis The Dragon View Post
Why would a "legendary" band who I've never even heard of only play 6 shows on their very first tour of here? If they're so "legendary", they should not only be doing a much larger tour, but also be playing much larger sized venues.
Testing the waters, maybe?

I kinda remember Diamond Head doing a short run on their first NA tour a few years ago, and they've been back twice since.
Old 02-04-2014, 04:10 PM
N00B

Quote:
You never heard of Satan?
Old 02-04-2014, 04:34 PM
My heart, tears, and prayers go out to the sad, abused, and suffering children of the world!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PVH5150 View Post
Testing the waters, maybe?

I kinda remember Diamond Head doing a short run on their first NA tour a few years ago, and they've been back twice since.
Ah, that makes sense to test things out if you've never been here.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sfhui View Post
You never heard of Satan?
There's a lot of bands mentioned on here that I've never heard of.
Old 02-04-2014, 05:04 PM
One who onions things

Quote:
Legendary may be a bit of a stretch for Satan, but they were responsible for one of the top NWOBHM albums and one of the all around best albums of 2013. If you haven't heard Court in the Act or their new album Life Sentence yet, do so now. Yer welcome.

Diamond Head is most certainly legendary, and their first NA tour was just two years ago I think. Hell, Saxon's 2011 tour was their first time doing a full run of the states in like ten years or something. NWOBHM bands have always been extremely under-appreciated in America with a very small number of exceptions (Iron Maiden, Def Leppard, and Motorhead are basically the only ones I can think of), so the fact that tours from those bands are few and far between is pretty understandable. As for why the tour isn't longer, I know for a fact that there was a West Coast leg planned and nearly booked, but it ended up falling apart because of A) money, B) competition from the Motorhead tour and C) venue availability. Barring that though, testing the waters is definitely a worthy strategy for these kind of bands. It worked for Saxon and their last NA tour was very extensive compared to the one before it.

Also I would totally see Satan over Queensryche any day of the week.
Impaled (?) - 8/15
Sleep - 8/30
Swans - 9/10
King Diamond - 10/31

Last edited by Onioner; 02-04-2014 at 05:06 PM.
Old 02-04-2014, 05:14 PM
When your grabbing ass with your friends...

Hmmm. I'll have to give them a listen.
Old 02-04-2014, 06:50 PM
N00B

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onioner View Post
Legendary may be a bit of a stretch for Satan, but they were responsible for one of the top NWOBHM albums and one of the all around best albums of 2013. If you haven't heard Court in the Act or their new album Life Sentence yet, do so now. Yer welcome.

Diamond Head is most certainly legendary, and their first NA tour was just two years ago I think. Hell, Saxon's 2011 tour was their first time doing a full run of the states in like ten years or something. NWOBHM bands have always been extremely under-appreciated in America with a very small number of exceptions (Iron Maiden, Def Leppard, and Motorhead are basically the only ones I can think of), so the fact that tours from those bands are few and far between is pretty understandable. As for why the tour isn't longer, I know for a fact that there was a West Coast leg planned and nearly booked, but it ended up falling apart because of A) money, B) competition from the Motorhead tour and C) venue availability. Barring that though, testing the waters is definitely a worthy strategy for these kind of bands. It worked for Saxon and their last NA tour was very extensive compared to the one before it.

Also I would totally see Satan over Queensryche any day of the week.
at least I can expect to see Satan in Cali sometime in the near future
I hope more NWOBHM bands do this
Old 02-04-2014, 06:58 PM
N00B

"Legendary" is a grossly over-exaggerated word in a lot of press releases. It should mean something other than "band that released a good album decades ago". That deserves credit, and I am excited for the show, but "legendary" is too rich a word to be applied. In my opinion.
Old 02-04-2014, 07:06 PM

Ya, I totally agree about the whole "legendary" thing. I did check out some Satan and do like what I'm hearing a lot. They have a great singer for sure!