Home Set Lists Forums The Permanent Record Asshole Opinion

Ne Obliviscaris -- Sydney, Australia -- November 27th, 2014
Mastodon -- Newcastle, England -- November 25th, 2014
Exodus -- West Springfield, VA -- November 25th, 2014
Bob Seger -- Saginaw, MI -- November 19th, 2014
Ace Frehley -- Uncasville, CT -- November 21st, 2014


Go Back   WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM > Community Forums > General Chat

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 10-15-2014, 09:04 AM
SirLardsAlot's Avatar
SirLardsAlot SirLardsAlot is offline
MY LEG!!
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: New Jersey, USA
Posts: 7,078
Question about the current Priest tour

I'm seeing them this weekend, should I expect a bunch of new songs?

I don't want to know the actual setlist, but at least an idea of what to expect.

I've only listened to Redeemer of Souls once, so if there's a bunch from there I'll give it another listen or two.
__________________
GONNA SMASH YOUR BALLS IN A VICE!
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 10-15-2014, 09:23 AM
DisposableJustice's Avatar
DisposableJustice DisposableJustice is offline
Close your eyes forget your name
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Denver, CO
Posts: 1,563
Quote:
Originally Posted by SirLardsAlot View Post
I'm seeing them this weekend, should I expect a bunch of new songs?

I don't want to know the actual setlist, but at least an idea of what to expect.

I've only listened to Redeemer of Souls once, so if there's a bunch from there I'll give it another listen or two.
Yes they are doing 5 new songs if they stick with the current setlist. I'm supposing you don't want to know what songs so there you go

I will say some staples are currently missing on the current tour......


there mysterious enough for ya?
__________________
02/17/15- Machine Head
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 10-15-2014, 09:27 AM
SirLardsAlot's Avatar
SirLardsAlot SirLardsAlot is offline
MY LEG!!
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: New Jersey, USA
Posts: 7,078
Quote:
Originally Posted by DisposableJustice View Post
Yes they are doing 5 new songs if they stick with the current setlist. I'm supposing you don't want to know what songs so there you go

I will say some staples are currently missing on the current tour......


there mysterious enough for ya?
Ugh I love staples! Oh well, I'm sure it will be great. Thanks!
__________________
GONNA SMASH YOUR BALLS IN A VICE!
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 10-15-2014, 09:34 AM
DisposableJustice's Avatar
DisposableJustice DisposableJustice is offline
Close your eyes forget your name
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Denver, CO
Posts: 1,563
Quote:
Originally Posted by SirLardsAlot View Post
Ugh I love staples! Oh well, I'm sure it will be great. Thanks!
I'm seeing them for the first time ever in November and while I'm a little sad that some said staples aren't on the set, I'm pumped
__________________
02/17/15- Machine Head
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 10-15-2014, 09:56 AM
Sanitarium78's Avatar
Sanitarium78 Sanitarium78 is offline
Concert Veteran
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Buffalo, NY
Posts: 4,125
They're doing four songs off the new album not five. There are also two surprise songs from the mid 80s they're playing that they haven't done in years. Why have you only listened to the new album once? Does listening to awesome new music from a legendary metal band not interest you?
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 10-15-2014, 01:20 PM
SirLardsAlot's Avatar
SirLardsAlot SirLardsAlot is offline
MY LEG!!
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: New Jersey, USA
Posts: 7,078
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanitarium78 View Post
They're doing four songs off the new album not five. There are also two surprise songs from the mid 80s they're playing that they haven't done in years. Why have you only listened to the new album once? Does listening to awesome new music from a legendary metal band not interest you?
Haha, I just dont sit down and listen to albums anymore really. And honestly, I wasn't knocked off my feet the first listen. Not saying it's bad, but I didnt think it was anything wild.
__________________
GONNA SMASH YOUR BALLS IN A VICE!
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 10-15-2014, 06:49 PM
PVH5150 PVH5150 is offline
.
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 3,254
Quote:
Originally Posted by SirLardsAlot View Post
I'm seeing them this weekend, should I expect a bunch of new songs?

I don't want to know the actual setlist, but at least an idea of what to expect.

I've only listened to Redeemer of Souls once, so if there's a bunch from there I'll give it another listen or two.
4 new songs
3 songs they haven't played since '86
1 semi-deep cut last played in '09.
Without giving the amount away...the rest is pretty standard Priest setlist fare.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 10-16-2014, 05:42 AM
300%_Density 300%_Density is offline
When your grabbing ass with your friends...
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: The Prison Planet
Posts: 3,808
***Spoiler Alert***

Yes they play Living After Midnight & You've Got Another Thing Comin'. I know I'm awful. Gave away the huge secret.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 10-16-2014, 12:45 PM
Onioner Onioner is offline
One who onions things
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Everywhere, CA
Posts: 2,137
Quote:
Originally Posted by 300%_Density View Post
***Spoiler Alert***

Yes they play Living After Midnight & You've Got Another Thing Comin'. I know I'm awful. Gave away the huge secret.
Hey, on the 08 tour they actually didn't play Living After Midnight or Victim of Changes. Priest can change things up if they want to, but they're playing it a hair too safe on this tour I think.
__________________
Skeletonwitch/Ghoul - 9/23
Saviours/Hazzard's Cure - 9/28
Raven - 10/20
Satan/Slough Feg - 10/25
King Diamond - 8/31
Judas Priest - 11/16
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 10-16-2014, 01:15 PM
John The Drummer's Avatar
John The Drummer John The Drummer is offline
PANNTURRRUHHHHHH!!!!
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Seattle, WA
Posts: 5,204
Ok guys, stopping being lame.... just tell him what he doesn't want to know...

Yes, they are playing songs from Jugulator and Demolition.... actually, quite a few songs.
__________________
Dalla Nebbia
facebook.com/dallanebbiamusic

Funeral Age
facebook.com/funeralageofficial

Mesmur
facebook.com/mesmurdoom
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 02:10 PM.


Blah Blah Blah Copyright WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM 2008