Periphery -- Lansing, MI -- September 19th, 2014
Otherwise -- Sturtevant, WI -- September 19th, 2014
Eluveitie -- Baltimore, MD -- September 19th, 2014

Go Back   WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM > Community Forums > General Chat > Video Games

Old 02-02-2014, 06:10 PM
I'm Young, I'm Wild, And I'm Free

20.Conflict: Desert Storm

Genre(s): Tactical shooter

This game was the very first shooter game I ever played, and therefore I feel it must have a spot on this list.For those of you who don't know, this is a primarily third-person shooter (there's a first-person mode but it sucks), set place in Desert Storm (of course).You can either play singleplayer, in which case you control the entire squad of four soldiers who you command and switch from throughout levels, or multiplayer (split screen) where each player controls two troops.The ability to tactically despatch your team is really what makes this game great, making you think strategically before entering a battle (or else you most likely will die).The game offers great gameplay, some extremely tough but fun missions (ranging from hostage rescue to defending a down helicopter), and pretty high replay value.The graphics sure are dated, but back then they were great.Despite that small flaw, this is one of the greatest military games of all time IMO.
Old 02-02-2014, 11:51 PM
THIS IS LHHC!

Battlefront 2 and LOTR: Two Towers. Nice! Battlefront 2 would definitely be on my own top Games list. Probably the best Star Wars game after Jedi Academy. I think I prefer the Return of the King game over Two Towers though, although I love both. The multiplayer, inclusion of more playable characters and that horde mode thing definitely gave it a slight edge over TT.

Mercenaries 2 was ridiculously boring and shitty. You can't top the first one though. One of the best games for original Xbox. Running around as Han Solo, blowing shit up. You can't fuck with that.
10/18 Satan
10/21 King Diamond
10/22 Tombs ?
10/23 Pentagram ?
Old 02-03-2014, 11:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalfitegrdan View Post
Battlefront 2 and LOTR: Two Towers. Nice! Battlefront 2 would definitely be on my own top Games list. Probably the best Star Wars game after Jedi Academy. I think I prefer the Return of the King game over Two Towers though, although I love both. The multiplayer, inclusion of more playable characters and that horde mode thing definitely gave it a slight edge over TT.

Mercenaries 2 was ridiculously boring and shitty. You can't top the first one though. One of the best games for original Xbox. Running around as Han Solo, blowing shit up. You can't fuck with that.
I did like the Return Of The King a lot because of the multiplayer ability, but the combat to me just seemed slow for some reason, while TT had very fast paced attacks and combos.
Old 02-03-2014, 11:48 AM

19.Call Of Duty: Ghosts

Genre(s): First-person shooter

Yes I know, I like CoD, I'm lame.But guess what, I don't care.I've been a fan of the serious ever since MW2, and I really have loved every gamed I've played (though BO2 had some flaws).It takes a REAL good military game to be able to beat Desert Storm IMO, and up until Ghosts I still didn't really feel that there was a military game better than it.Top notch multiplayer, great campaign, and extinction mode is a heck of a lot of fun (though it doesn't beat Treyarch's zombies mode).This game has some minor flaws, and I really can't play for very long without getting tired, but if I just want to play a game for an hour or so, I definitely go to this game.Just a pure fun game to play with friends.
Old 02-03-2014, 02:23 PM

18.Madden NFL 25

Genre(s): Sports

I pretty much hate sports games, they don't offer me enough stuff to do most of the time.Football games are the exception though, and Madden 25 is definitely the best football game of all-time IMO.There's not much to say about this game really, it's a football game with incredible graphics, great gameplay, and is extremely fun to play with friends.I have yet to find a flaw with the game so IMO this is probably the best sports game of all-time actually.
Old 02-03-2014, 02:58 PM
N00B

I remember playing a whole lotta Two Towers when it first came out, but I dont really remember much much of the actual gameplay,

and about his CoD thing...
you do know about Battlefield, right?
Old 02-03-2014, 03:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alduin View Post
I remember playing a whole lotta Two Towers when it first came out, but I dont really remember much much of the actual gameplay,

and about his CoD thing...
you do know about Battlefield, right?
Of course, my little brother is addicted.I tried it and it wasn't my thing, I'm just so used to CoD that it just isn't my thing.The main reason why I don't like it is mainly because it just doesn't have the fast-paced smooth gameplay that CoD has IMO.I've argued about this way too much in my life so all I say now is I like Cod, you like Battlefield, let's leave it at that.
Old 02-03-2014, 03:37 PM
I got jumped by 2 thugs... they told me my battery was dead.

I've been wanting to get any Madden or NCAA video game for a long time, especially since most are only $0.01 at Gamestop here , but I never just go for it. The last time I played a football game with my friend I destroyed him.... 50 yard pass and TD.... YOLO!

- Funeral Age
facebook.com/funeralageofficial
funeralage.bandcamp.com
Old 02-03-2014, 04:48 PM
SADISTIC, MAGICIAN

'Ghosts' eh? Odd choice. I'd have gone Black Ops or MW 3 as the definitive title, Ghosts is totally phoned in compared to them.
Old 02-03-2014, 05:01 PM
Some People Call Me The White Devil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dextrimental View Post
'Ghosts' eh? Odd choice. I'd have gone Black Ops or MW 3 as the definitive title, Ghosts is totally phoned in compared to them.
COD 4 or nothing.