MayhemFest -- Clarkston, MI -- July 17th, 2014
Winger -- Portland, ME -- July 26th, 2014

Go Back   WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM > Community Forums > General Chat > Video Games

Old 02-14-2014, 10:35 AM
I'm Young, I'm Wild, And I'm Free

and the number one spot goes to....

1.The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Genre(s): Action role-playing

And here we arrive at the end of the list.There's a lot of great games out there, many of them unfortunately not on this list, but I have to give the top spot to Skyrim.I have it on PS3 and the Legendary edition on PC, and I love playing both.Just the shear size and detail of the world and the things you can do in it are so amazing that words can't really describe it.I played this game for three months straight non-stop when I first got it, and I'm still able to find stuff to do in it.The graphics are some of the best in any game out there IMO, and the combat is very well done.The reason why I probably like this so much is because of it's heavy Middle-Earth like feel to it (look at pictures of Whiterun and Edoras, and Riften and Lake-Town right next to each other and tell me different).On PC there's a massive list of mods to add to the game, which can give you something to do if you honestly have done everything there is to do in the core game (which I don't know anyone who has).I like this game so much that now I can hardly play an RPG without comparing it to this, and most of the time they don't live up to expectations (kinda a blessing and a curse).Well, that's it for video games, I'm thinking of doing a Top 25 movies and maybe towards the end of the year redo my Top 100 albums.Please feel free to leave some opinions on this list, but please refrain from just posting insults if that's all you got (if you truly hate this list and think it's a piece of junk, it would be better not to post).
Old 02-14-2014, 10:41 AM
Pop Punk > Slipknot and Y&T

I need to get you a SNES emulator STAT
08/07 - Handguns (?)
08/15 - Whores
Old 02-14-2014, 10:53 AM
You can't save me any more than you can save yourself, so stop fucking trying

With all the Lord of the Rings games on here I'm really surprised you didn't have the Third Age on your list. Maybe you've never played it or maybe you just didn't like it but it was a very good game. You should check it out if you haven't.

Overall it was a good list, and Skyrim is epic.

I'm also surprised with all your live for fantasy and medieval themed games there wasn't one Final Fantasy, but you're a generation of games younger than me so they may have passed you by.
10/18 -- King Diamond
11/01 -- Suffocation
Old 02-14-2014, 11:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamclark52 View Post
With all the Lord of the Rings games on here I'm really surprised you didn't have the Third Age on your list. Maybe you've never played it or maybe you just didn't like it but it was a very good game. You should check it out if you haven't.

Overall it was a good list, and Skyrim is epic.

I'm also surprised with all your live for fantasy and medieval themed games there wasn't one Final Fantasy, but you're a generation of games younger than me so they may have passed you by.
DANG, totally forgot about the Third Age.Put it probably is best to leave it off the list, considering I don't REALLY like turn-based games (although it certainly is the best out of all I've played).And I've only ever played one Final Fantasy game (whatever one it was with the three girls), and it wasn't that good.I really want to play the acclaimed ones though, and I plan on getting the new one.

Last edited by TheWildAndTheYoung; 03-06-2014 at 12:39 PM.
Old 02-14-2014, 11:15 AM

Here's the final re-cap:

25.Burnout: Paradise
24.Guitar Hero Encore: Rocks The 80's
23.Star Wars: Battlefront II
22.Mercenaries 2: World In Flames
21.The Lord Of The Rings: The Two Towers
20.Conflict: Desert Storm
19.Call Of Duty: Ghosts
18.Madden NFL 25
17.Zelda: A Link To The Past
16.Kingdoms Of Amalur: Reckoning
15.Infamous
14.Ratchet & Clank: Up Your Arsenal
13.Pokemon Platinum Version
12.Assassin's Creed III
11.Brutal Legend
10.The Lord Of The Rings Online
9.Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag
8.The Lord Of The Rings: The Battle For Middle-Earth II
7.Kingdom Hearts HD 1.5 Remix
6.Shadow Of Colossus
5.The Lord Of The Rings: The Battle For Middle-Earth
4.The Hobbit
3.Minecraft
2.Kingdom Hearts 2
1.The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
Old 02-14-2014, 11:34 AM
You can't save me any more than you can save yourself, so stop fucking trying

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWildAndTheYoung View Post
DANG, totally forgot to play the Third Age.Put it probably is best to leave it off the list, considering I don't REALLY like turn-based games (although it certainly is the best out of all I've played).And I've only ever played one Final Fantasy game (whatever one it was with the three girls), and it wasn't that good.I really want to play the acclaimed ones though, and I plan on getting the new one.
That was Final Fantasy X-2, probably one of the worst in the series. But if you don't like turn-based games I can't see you liking any Final Fantasy.
10/18 -- King Diamond
11/01 -- Suffocation

Last edited by adamclark52; 02-14-2014 at 11:41 AM.
Old 02-14-2014, 03:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamclark52 View Post
That was Final Fantasy X-2, probably one of the worst in the series. But if you don't like turn-based games I can't see you liking any Final Fantasy.
Figured as much, didn't it think it was possible that one was the same as all of the other Final Fantasies because it was so bad.The next one isn't going to be turned based though.
Old 02-14-2014, 04:32 PM
PAAAAAAANTURRRUUUHHHHHH!! !!!!

Not too bad of a list! Definitely shows your age (not poking fun or being rude, just stating) but great choices none the less!

I reaaaaaaaaaaaaally wish I still had Skyrim, but at the same time glad I got it stolen because...
cue Sweet Brown
"Ain't nobody got time fo' dat!"

And to bringnig up how I need to try out Minecraft, I've watched my little brother play it, it defintely looks fun, looks like a great way to kill time, but at the same time I don't see any way I achieve anything in it, just wandering aroud and building stuff (like The Sims). Not saying that stuff is bad, but I just don't get anythign out of those games anymore

- Funeral Age
facebook.com/funeralageofficial
funeralage.bandcamp.com
Old 02-14-2014, 05:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by John The Drummer View Post
Not too bad of a list! Definitely shows your age (not poking fun or being rude, just stating) but great choices none the less!

I reaaaaaaaaaaaaally wish I still had Skyrim, but at the same time glad I got it stolen because...
cue Sweet Brown
"Ain't nobody got time fo' dat!"

And to bringnig up how I need to try out Minecraft, I've watched my little brother play it, it defintely looks fun, looks like a great way to kill time, but at the same time I don't see any way I achieve anything in it, just wandering aroud and building stuff (like The Sims). Not saying that stuff is bad, but I just don't get anythign out of those games anymore
I see your point, but your missing out on some good fun! I personally am not really that good at building, most of the time when I play I either am on a server doing some activity, or on SP exploring a map or mod.
Old 02-15-2014, 05:00 AM
SADISTIC, MAGICIAN

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWildAndTheYoung View Post
Figured as much, didn't it think it was possible that one was the same as all of the other Final Fantasies because it was so bad.The next one isn't going to be turned based though.
Try FFXII, combat system is more akin to Kingdom Hearts. VII, IX and X have a-MAZING stories, so play them for that, at least.