Despised Icon -- Worcester, MA -- December 21st, 2014
Cormorant -- San Francisco, CA -- December 20th, 2014
Opeth -- Toronto, Ontario -- December 21st, 2014
It Lies Within -- Flint, MI -- December 21st, 2014
Pig Destroyer -- Philadelphia, PA -- December 20th, 2014

Go Back   WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM > Community Forums > General Chat > Video Games

Old 02-11-2014, 12:58 PM
PANNTURRRUHHHHHH!!!!

Never played Kingdom Hearts, but always watched my friends play it and looked ok, I'm sure its more fun to play...

Never played Colossus

Funeral Age
funeralage.com

Mesmur
facebook.com/mesmurdoom
Old 02-12-2014, 09:10 AM
I'm Young, I'm Wild, And I'm Free

5.The Lord Of The Rings: The Battle For Middle-earth

Genre(s): Real-time strategy

As most of you know, I'm a huge Tolkien fan.I think Middle-earth is the best fantasy world ever created, and most games that are released that are based on this world are usually very fun (as opposed to other licensed games).Out of all Lotr games though, Battle For Middle-earth is the best IMO.Even though the second one had much more updated graphics and gameplay, this game's campaign is just so fun.Nothing beats being able to take place in the epic battles like Helm's Deep and the Black Gate, and the Skirmish mode brings loads of fun as well.Never has there been a more fun RTS game, and they most likely never will be.Only thing that annoys me about this game is that Gandalf doesn't die in Moria, he just switches to Gandalf the White when the fellowship gets to Lothlorien.
Old 02-13-2014, 06:06 AM

4.The Hobbit

Genre(s): Platform

This game right here is probably one of the most underrated games in history IMO, and hardly anyone I know has ever played it.This game has just a campaign, no multiplayer, no bonus game modes, and hardly any side quests.A lot like SOC in the sense of simplicity, this game focuses on going from level to level slaying (or hiding) from orcs and solving puzzles.Most people will probably disagree with this being so high up, but I've played through the story at least six times in my life, and each time I had struggles to beat it.A very challenging game, great combat, awesome soundtrack, good graphics, and an epic story (it is The Hobbit we're talking about).I really wish they would make a new Hobbit game with a similar style to this one, but doesn't look like that's happening anytime soon.
Old 02-13-2014, 12:36 PM

3.Minecraft

Genre(s): Sandbox, survival

I don't need to explain what Minecraft is, because over the past year and a half the game has exploded to an all-time high in the gaming world and practically everyone knows this game now (if you don't, go back to the rock you've been living under).The reason why I (and most likely everyone else) love this game so much is because of the pure freedom it gives you.They are no rules, no objectives, it's just you in this huge world, and you create your own adventure (what other game out there allows you to take part in the Hunger Games, visit Middle-Earth, and travel to the Moon?).Survival offers a lot for the adventurer types out there, and if you're really creative minded, go to Creative mode and build away.This game has one of the biggest fan bases in not just the gaming world, but in the whole world in general.Never has there been a game that has over dozens of YouTube channels dedicated to it and everyone one of those having over a 100,000 subscribers (correct me if I'm wrong).The number of mods, texture packs, and maps is beyond counting at this point, pretty much guaranteeing that you will never NOT have something to do.Mojang (the games developers) keep this game constantly updated, always adding new things to be excited about (and unlike most games expansions and/or add-ons don't cost money).If you've played Minecraft, your more than likely already addicted to it, if you haven't played, you need to at least give it a shot.

Last edited by TheWildAndTheYoung; 02-13-2014 at 12:40 PM.
Old 02-13-2014, 12:48 PM
Pop Punk > Slipknot and Y&T

Minecraft is fun but it blows my mind with how far it's come. I remember buying into the alpha for like $11 back in like 2010 and being stoked when they added pumpkins and now my 7 year old nephew plays it every day on Xbox Live, iPad, iPhone and Mac while wearing a Creeper shirt while carrying around a Creeper plushie and waving around a styrofoam pickaxe before going to play with his Minecraft Legos.

Jesus.
Old 02-13-2014, 01:03 PM
PANNTURRRUHHHHHH!!!!

Minecraft annoys me... I've never played it, it does look fun, but the Xbox Live YouTube App used to have a wide variety of different videos in their "Video Games" category... now it is 75% Minecraft... which I don't find to be THAT interesting -_-

Funeral Age
funeralage.com

Mesmur
facebook.com/mesmurdoom
Old 02-13-2014, 01:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by John The Drummer View Post
Minecraft annoys me... I've never played it, it does look fun, but the Xbox Live YouTube App used to have a wide variety of different videos in their "Video Games" category... now it is 75% Minecraft... which I don't find to be THAT interesting -_-
Yea I wouldn't base my opinion on the videos (because those are made to be watched by Minecraft players and will not be really interesting to those not to familiar with the game), so I would say try it out.The site has a free demo for you to try to see if you like it.
Old 02-13-2014, 02:03 PM
Pop Punk > Slipknot and Y&T

Quote:
Originally Posted by John The Drummer View Post
The only good Minecraft videos on YouTube are done by Achievement Hunter.
Old 02-13-2014, 07:11 PM
Some People Call Me The White Devil

Quote:
Originally Posted by mankvill View Post
The only good Minecraft videos on YouTube are done by Achievement Hunter.
This.
Old 02-14-2014, 07:24 AM

2.Kingdom Hearts 2

Genre(s): Action role-playing

As said before, I love Kingdom Hearts.This was the very first game I ever pre-ordered.The combination of Disney, Final Fantasy, and a whole original story is a fantastic one.This game took Kingdom Hearts and moved it one step further, making one of the greatest games of all-time IMO.The great combat from the first one gets even better on this one, the graphics are improved even more, the story is twice as longer, and overall this game is just better than the first (and the rest) in every aspect.I can't wait to get my hands on HD 2.5 Remix, because that also will give me a chance to try out Birth By Sleep, and that will probably take this ones place on this list.There really isn't much more to say on this game, to me it's a modern day classic.