Home Set Lists Forums The Permanent Record Asshole Opinion

Cannibal Corpse -- Atlanta, GA -- February 12th, 2016
Skid Row -- Uncasville, CT -- February 13th, 2016
Kiss -- Sioux Falls, SD -- February 11th, 2016
The Winery Dogs -- Barcelona, Spain -- February 10th, 2016
At the Gates -- Orlando, FL -- February 10th, 2016


Go Back   WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM > Community Forums > General Chat

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #51  
Old 01-30-2014, 12:44 PM
John The Drummer's Avatar
John The Drummer John The Drummer is offline
PANNTURRRUHHHHHH!!!!
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Seattle, WA
Posts: 7,054
I guess I can add some Pop to my list as well.... the radio shows on the Top 40 stations are really enjoyable, so I often find myself too lazy to change the station and have been caught enjoying Lorde..and... umm.... others who I don't know the names of
__________________
Dalla Nebbia
facebook.com/dallanebbiamusic

Funeral Age
funeralage.com

Mesmur
facebook.com/mesmurdoom
Reply With Quote
  #52  
Old 01-30-2014, 02:10 PM
ravenheart's Avatar
ravenheart ravenheart is offline
Meanwhile, behind the facade of this innocent looking bookstore...
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: England
Posts: 20,900
Quote:
Originally Posted by MetalIsArt View Post
Then, what is
"Exactly like"
__________________
www.jukeboxmetal.com
http://jukeboxmetal.blogspot.com

3/2 Helloween
21/2 Inglorious
4/3 Wednesday 13
5/3 Wednesday 13
Reply With Quote
  #53  
Old 01-30-2014, 02:32 PM
300%_Density 300%_Density is offline
Say what you want about America - 13 bucks can still get you a hell of a lot of mice!
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: The Prison Planet
Posts: 5,176
I'm starting to get into blues. I had no idea where to start at so I figured hell I'll go Tweet Neil Fallon. Couple of their songs were from old blues songs so I'll trust his judgement. He Tweeted me back and told me Hound Dog Taylor, Elmore James, Skip James, Junior Kimbrough, Koko Taylor, Big Mama Thornton, Charlie Patton, John Lee Hooker. Then sent another Tweet that said Buddy Guy & Junior Wells Hoodoo Man Blues is fire.

If they are good enough for Neil then it's good enough fore to try. I've liked some stuff I've heard from Skip James but I haven't got to make much of a dent yet.
__________________
10/7 - Run The Jewels
Reply With Quote
  #54  
Old 01-30-2014, 02:40 PM
ravenheart's Avatar
ravenheart ravenheart is offline
Meanwhile, behind the facade of this innocent looking bookstore...
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: England
Posts: 20,900
Quote:
Originally Posted by 300%_Density View Post
I'm starting to get into blues. I had no idea where to start at so I figured hell I'll go Tweet Neil Fallon. Couple of their songs were from old blues songs so I'll trust his judgement. He Tweeted me back and told me Hound Dog Taylor, Elmore James, Skip James, Junior Kimbrough, Koko Taylor, Big Mama Thornton, Charlie Patton, John Lee Hooker. Then sent another Tweet that said Buddy Guy & Junior Wells Hoodoo Man Blues is fire.

If they are good enough for Neil then it's good enough fore to try. I've liked some stuff I've heard from Skip James but I haven't got to make much of a dent yet.
Can't recommend Elmore James enough. Also Sonny Boy Williamson, Lightnin' Hopkins and Freddie King.

And of course Muddy Waters, Albert King, Howlin' Wolf and Robert Johnson go without saying.

All of that is just one avenue of blues though (well, two if you want to separate Detroit and Chicago).
__________________
www.jukeboxmetal.com
http://jukeboxmetal.blogspot.com

3/2 Helloween
21/2 Inglorious
4/3 Wednesday 13
5/3 Wednesday 13

Last edited by ravenheart; 01-30-2014 at 02:46 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #55  
Old 01-30-2014, 03:51 PM
300%_Density 300%_Density is offline
Say what you want about America - 13 bucks can still get you a hell of a lot of mice!
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: The Prison Planet
Posts: 5,176
Quote:
Originally Posted by ravenheart View Post
Can't recommend Elmore James enough. Also Sonny Boy Williamson, Lightnin' Hopkins and Freddie King.

And of course Muddy Waters, Albert King, Howlin' Wolf and Robert Johnson go without saying.

All of that is just one avenue of blues though (well, two if you want to separate Detroit and Chicago).
I can never get enough suggestions on blues.
__________________
10/7 - Run The Jewels
Reply With Quote
  #56  
Old 01-30-2014, 04:06 PM
ravenheart's Avatar
ravenheart ravenheart is offline
Meanwhile, behind the facade of this innocent looking bookstore...
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: England
Posts: 20,900
Quote:
Originally Posted by 300%_Density View Post
I can never get enough suggestions on blues.
There was this guy called Hendrix...

I could do a thread on this stuff if people would find it useful?
__________________
www.jukeboxmetal.com
http://jukeboxmetal.blogspot.com

3/2 Helloween
21/2 Inglorious
4/3 Wednesday 13
5/3 Wednesday 13

Last edited by ravenheart; 01-30-2014 at 04:26 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #57  
Old 01-30-2014, 04:29 PM
Datjazzfusion Datjazzfusion is offline
N00B
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 285
Quote:
Originally Posted by ravenheart View Post
There was this guy called Hendrix...

I could do a thread on this stuff if people would find it useful?
Do it.
Reply With Quote
  #58  
Old 01-30-2014, 04:46 PM
DisposableJustice's Avatar
DisposableJustice DisposableJustice is offline
I'll take a Lemmy
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Denver, CO
Posts: 2,580
Right now it is The Doors; I loved them as a kid (introduce to me by my parents) and love them today; I know they are rock but they have some classical and jazz elements in some of their stuff
__________________
02/15-Black Sabbath
02/23-Megadeth, ST, COB, Havok
03/29-The Who
04/13-Iron Maiden
05/07-Amon Amarth
Reply With Quote
  #59  
Old 01-30-2014, 04:56 PM
300%_Density 300%_Density is offline
Say what you want about America - 13 bucks can still get you a hell of a lot of mice!
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: The Prison Planet
Posts: 5,176
Quote:
Originally Posted by ravenheart View Post
There was this guy called Hendrix...

I could do a thread on this stuff if people would find it useful?
Not a big Nu Metal guy. This Hendrix guy played down tuned guitars right?
__________________
10/7 - Run The Jewels
Reply With Quote
  #60  
Old 01-30-2014, 04:57 PM
ravenheart's Avatar
ravenheart ravenheart is offline
Meanwhile, behind the facade of this innocent looking bookstore...
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: England
Posts: 20,900
Quote:
Originally Posted by 300%_Density View Post
Not a big Nu Metal guy. This Hendrix guy played down tuned guitars right?
Practically pioneered it.
__________________
www.jukeboxmetal.com
http://jukeboxmetal.blogspot.com

3/2 Helloween
21/2 Inglorious
4/3 Wednesday 13
5/3 Wednesday 13
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 03:56 PM.


Blah Blah Blah Copyright WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM 2008