Thy Art Is Murder -- Sydney, Australia -- December 19th, 2014
Intronaut -- West Hollywood, CA -- December 19th, 2014
Cannabis Corpse -- Chicago, IL -- December 17th, 2014
Kreator -- London, England -- December 18th, 2014

Old 03-30-2014, 07:28 PM
Some People Call Me The White Devil

Quote:
Originally Posted by mastodon421 View Post
Trailers didn't impress me either. I pretty much only saw it because of Aronofsky's involvement and was honestly a bit surprised with how much I enjoyed it.
Ill be seeing Grand Budapest Hotel Thursday and Raid 2 on Sat morning.
Old 03-31-2014, 04:00 AM
SADISTIC, MAGICIAN

Noah's a definite DVD purchase for me. These big-budget CGI fest adaptations are getting a bit tiresome. I'm just counting down the days to Godzilla
Old 04-03-2014, 05:00 PM
Some People Call Me The White Devil

The Grand Budapest Hotel was fucking phenomenal.
Old 04-03-2014, 09:30 PM
So either make a change or shut the fuck up about it already.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcmetal108 View Post
The Grand Budapest Hotel was fucking phenomenal.
10/10

Bout to go to Cap Merica premiere just cause lol
Old 04-07-2014, 10:26 AM
Metal is proof that Satan loves us and wants us to be happy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by XDoomsayerX View Post
Bout to go to Cap Merica premiere just cause lol
Sounds like you were being a bit of an apologist there, but I don't see why. The previews got more and more awesome the closer we got to the release date, and the reviews have been very positive.

I myself saw the movie yesterday with my wife and seven-year-old son, and we all loved it. Very solid movie, and perhaps one of the best superhero movies period (at least so far). I knew it would rock, but I was a bit dubious when I started hearing buzz such as "it's better than The Avengers". As it turns out, that statement isn't far off from being true. In some ways, I think the movie was actually better, but it's hard to imagine a movie surpassing The Avengers if only for the sheer number of awesome characters that Avengers brought to the screen. However, Cap 2 gives it a hell of a run - it really does.

For one thing, the fight scenes are to die for. They are gritty and realistic and utterly fascinating - one of the best aspects of the film. Then - and I won't go too far here because I don't want to put any spoilers out here - there is the plot, which I'll just say is very complex, rich and filled with surprises and several huge bombs which are dropped (speaking both literally as well as metaphorically). There's also the acting - which is great for a superhero movie - as well as the excellent balance between cheese and seriousness when it comes to the litany of great one-liners and occasional humorous moments.

The bottom line is, the movies fires on all eight cylinders for two hours and fifteen minutes (which brings me to one of its few noticeable potential flaws - some fans might not have the stomach for the amount of stuff that actually happens in this movie), and it's packed with plenty of superhero goodness to sink your teeth into. I'll definitely be investing in the Blu-Ray when it comes out.

On a side note, there were several good trailers attached to Cap 2. As much as I hate to say it, the new Spidey film is looking better and better every time I see a new preview for it. Expectations have gone from low to very high for that one. It looks dark and packed with action as well as plot. Also, it looks like Guardians of the Galaxy might be surprisingly good as well. Hell - even the trailer I saw for Maleficent looked pretty damn good. The one trailer I saw that was cringeworthy, though, is the one for TMNT. Them toitles should have stayed in the sewer. Shit does NOT look good at all.
Old 04-07-2014, 10:48 AM
SADISTIC, MAGICIAN

Captain America has been getting stellar reviews. I'll HOPEFULLY see it this weekend or next week. People have been regularly calling it one of the best comic book hero films.
Old 04-07-2014, 10:58 AM
Pop Punk > Slipknot and Y&T

I have just about abhored every superhero movie in recent memory besides the first Iron Man, but I've been told Captain America is really good. Need to watch it and see if I want to see the 2nd one.

Last edited by mankvill; 04-07-2014 at 11:01 AM.
Old 04-07-2014, 11:23 AM
with his arms outstretched

I had to watch that TMNT trailer just to see how bad it was. Are you guys talking about the one that's more April O'Neil than anything and with the "relax, it's just a mask" line? If so, then yeah that looks horrid.

But I stumbled across this one too. It looks like it was made a few years ago and if this was the movie it looked like it could've been really good.

TMNT: Fight of the Foot

12/27 -- Unearth/Protest the Hero
03/07 -- Video Games Live
07/06 -- U2
Old 04-07-2014, 11:32 AM
So either make a change or shut the fuck up about it already.

I thought Captain America was a solid film, just too long and once again like most Marvel films we got an okay villain. SPOILER KINDA: I wanted way more Winter Soldier story and fight scenes with him. Also Black Widow got so much screen time. If you're a comic book fan then you just def check it out though.

Also saw Noah, it was a surprisingly good flick.

Rankings right now:
1)Grand Budapest Hotel-10/10
2)The Lego Movie-9.5/10
3)Noah-7.5/10
4)Captain America 2-7/10
5)Lone Survivor-7/10
Old 04-07-2014, 12:17 PM
Metal is proof that Satan loves us and wants us to be happy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mankvill View Post
I have just about abhored every superhero movie in recent memory besides the first Iron Man, but I've been told Captain America is really good. Need to watch it and see if I want to see the 2nd one.
I DO NOT recommend watching the first Cap to determine whether or not to see the second. Not that the first Cap movie isn't good, but Cap 2 is basically "The Avengers 1.5" in that it is the bridge movie between the two Avengers movies. There's so much more in this film than just a continuation of the plot / tone of the first Cap.

Plus, what more do you need than an honest review from a guy who tries as much as possible to be objective in his reviews of everything and is an admitted huge fan of the first Iron Man film?

Not to mention, I'm your FUCKING FATHER, DAMMIT. YOU'LL SEE CAP 2 AND YOU'LL LIKE IT!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by XDoomsayerX View Post
I thought Captain America was a solid film, just too long and once again like most Marvel films we got an okay villain. SPOILER KINDA: I wanted way more Winter Soldier story and fight scenes with him. Also Black Widow got so much screen time. If you're a comic book fan then you just def check it out though.
Agreed on all points except Black Widow. Winter Soldier could have been a better villain if he'd had more screen time, I think. The fight scenes with him in them were awesome, though - especially when he fought Cap. That was a brutally good match-up.

More Scarlett is never a bad thing.

Last edited by Natrlhi; 04-07-2014 at 12:19 PM.