Home Set Lists Forums The Permanent Record Asshole Opinion

Overkill -- West Springfield, VA -- September 11th, 2014
ProgPower USA Kick-Off -- Atlanta, GA -- September 11th, 2014
ProgPower USA XV Day 2 -- Atlanta, GA -- September 13th, 2014
ProgPower USA XV Day 1 -- Atlanta, GA -- September 12th, 2014
Samhain -- Chicago, IL -- September 13th, 2014

  #301  
Old 07-09-2014, 04:21 PM
adamclark52's Avatar
adamclark52 adamclark52 is offline
You can't save me any more than you can save yourself, so stop fucking trying
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Keswick, Ontario
Posts: 4,486
I only saw it because I knew my four-year-old son would love it, and he did.

It was by no means a good movie but I liked it better than the second one. I've only seen bits a peices of the third one.
__________________
09/19 - Deafheaven
10/18 - King Diamond
10/24 - Pallbearer
11/01 - Suffocation
11/30 - Devin Townsend
12/06 -DistantWorlds:theMusicofFinalFantasy
Reply With Quote
  #302  
Old 07-09-2014, 04:50 PM
Dextrimental's Avatar
Dextrimental Dextrimental is offline
SADISTIC, MAGICIAN
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Ireland
Posts: 2,577
We have half price Wednesdays and myself and a fellow film nerd wanted to see how bad it was. It exceeded our expectations for being bad. I didn't pay for the third one at all, and I vow to never see another one unless it s a press screening (I also wanted to review this and do an article on Michael Bay being a shit director).
__________________
Yesterday don't mean SHIT.
Reply With Quote
  #303  
Old 07-09-2014, 04:58 PM
BloodoftheKings's Avatar
BloodoftheKings BloodoftheKings is offline
Rats off to ya
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Strong Island
Posts: 5,941
Quote:
Originally Posted by mastodon421 View Post
I liked the first three. The original trilogy with Shia LaBouef worked as mindless entertainment, this new one doesn't. Trust me, I wish I hadn't spent $15.50 to see Age of Extinction in 3-D.
Transformers 2 was one of the worst movies I've ever seen. It's right up there with Jack & Jill and the Super Mario Bros. movie.
Reply With Quote
  #304  
Old 07-09-2014, 04:59 PM
adamclark52's Avatar
adamclark52 adamclark52 is offline
You can't save me any more than you can save yourself, so stop fucking trying
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Keswick, Ontario
Posts: 4,486
You guys all remember that the original Transformers movie was terrible too? Possibly worse than the Micheal Bay ones.
__________________
09/19 - Deafheaven
10/18 - King Diamond
10/24 - Pallbearer
11/01 - Suffocation
11/30 - Devin Townsend
12/06 -DistantWorlds:theMusicofFinalFantasy
Reply With Quote
  #305  
Old 07-09-2014, 05:59 PM
Dextrimental's Avatar
Dextrimental Dextrimental is offline
SADISTIC, MAGICIAN
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Ireland
Posts: 2,577
Quote:
Originally Posted by adamclark52 View Post
You guys all remember that the original Transformers movie was terrible too? Possibly worse than the Micheal Bay ones.
While I love the original Transformers film and the cartoon dearly, I think Michael Bay's terrible film-making with his movies has caused people to love the originals more.

I like Transformers 1 and 2. I enjoy the mindlessness of them, though they're not 'good' films by any stretch.

P.S. I love The Super Mario Bros. movie!
__________________
Yesterday don't mean SHIT.
Reply With Quote
  #306  
Old 07-09-2014, 06:22 PM
mastodon421's Avatar
mastodon421 mastodon421 is offline
Not popular in Buffalo
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Swampscott,Massachusetts
Posts: 6,717
Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodoftheKings View Post
Transformers 2 was one of the worst movies I've ever seen. It's right up there with Jack & Jill and the Super Mario Bros. movie.
Revenge of the Fallen is a genre-defining masterpiece compared to Jack and Jill and Super Mario Bros.
__________________
9/28 Coheed and Cambria
10/10 Limp Bizkit

http://maitlandsmadness.blogspot.com/
Reply With Quote
  #307  
Old 07-09-2014, 06:27 PM
John The Drummer's Avatar
John The Drummer John The Drummer is offline
I got jumped by 2 thugs... they told me my battery was dead.
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Seattle, WA
Posts: 4,687
You all really need to go out and watch the slasher film "Blood Reaper", and then come back here and say how terrible ANY of the Transformers movies are!
__________________
- Dalla Nebbia
facebook.com/dallanebbiamusic
dallanebbia.bandcamp.com

- Funeral Age
facebook.com/funeralageofficial
funeralage.bandcamp.com
Reply With Quote
  #308  
Old 07-09-2014, 06:40 PM
adamclark52's Avatar
adamclark52 adamclark52 is offline
You can't save me any more than you can save yourself, so stop fucking trying
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Keswick, Ontario
Posts: 4,486
The original Transformers movie actually shaped me into the person I am today. I saw it in theaters when I was six years old. I can still remember when I got home I told my mom "i needed some time alone". I can remember getting on my bike and driving down the street, and I stopped about ten houses away and just stood there. I didn't cry, I just lamented. The images of Optimus Prime dying, Unicron eating that planet in the beginning, those unnamed robots getting fed to the sharkticons and the robots getting tossed into the melting pit inside Unicron at the end were something I'd never seen before. I wasn't even upset that all the others like Ironhide and Brawl had died. I'd just never seen that kind of destruction.

I was a happy young boy before I saw that movie. Afterwards, "life sucks".

So I ordered it on eBay last week and can't wait to show it to my son.
__________________
09/19 - Deafheaven
10/18 - King Diamond
10/24 - Pallbearer
11/01 - Suffocation
11/30 - Devin Townsend
12/06 -DistantWorlds:theMusicofFinalFantasy
Reply With Quote
  #309  
Old 07-09-2014, 06:54 PM
John The Drummer's Avatar
John The Drummer John The Drummer is offline
I got jumped by 2 thugs... they told me my battery was dead.
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Seattle, WA
Posts: 4,687
Quote:
Originally Posted by adamclark52 View Post
The original Transformers movie actually shaped me into the person I am today. I saw it in theaters when I was six years old. I can still remember when I got home I told my mom "i needed some time alone". I can remember getting on my bike and driving down the street, and I stopped about ten houses away and just stood there. I didn't cry, I just lamented. The images of Optimus Prime dying, Unicron eating that planet in the beginning, those unnamed robots getting fed to the sharkticons and the robots getting tossed into the melting pit inside Unicron at the end were something I'd never seen before. I wasn't even upset that all the others like Ironhide and Brawl had died. I'd just never seen that kind of destruction.

I was a happy young boy before I saw that movie. Afterwards, "life sucks".

So I ordered it on eBay last week and can't wait to show it to my son.
I had that movie on VHS and watched it almost religiously! When it got released on DVD I got it for my little brother.... but ended up keeping it for myself

"IN-O-CENT"
__________________
- Dalla Nebbia
facebook.com/dallanebbiamusic
dallanebbia.bandcamp.com

- Funeral Age
facebook.com/funeralageofficial
funeralage.bandcamp.com
Reply With Quote
  #310  
Old 07-09-2014, 10:21 PM
dcmetal108's Avatar
dcmetal108 dcmetal108 is offline
Some People Call Me The White Devil
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Chicago, IL
Posts: 7,630
Quote:
Originally Posted by mastodon421 View Post
The Raid 2 was INSANE. Easily one of the most brutal movies I've ever seen.
Yeah it was amazing but the story was too tacked on and dragged on.
__________________
www.apocalypticdemise.com
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 03:08 AM.


Blah Blah Blah Copyright WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM 2008