Home Set Lists Forums The Permanent Record Asshole Opinion

Death Angel -- San Francisco, CA -- December 27th, 2014
Protest the Hero -- Toronto, Ontario -- December 27th, 2014
Marduk -- Norrköping, Sweden -- December 19th-20th, 2014
Despised Icon -- Worcester, MA -- December 21st, 2014
Cormorant -- San Francisco, CA -- December 20th, 2014

  #191  
Old 05-22-2014, 12:18 AM
Epidemic Reign's Avatar
Epidemic Reign Epidemic Reign is offline
Hell Bent for Liquor
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Avondale, AZ
Posts: 3,025
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPF View Post
I'm trying to talk my girlfriend into taking in a couple flasks and going to watch Godzilla on Friday. Is this a good idea or should we watch it sober?
I can't tell if you're joking or not.
__________________
10.01 Sonata Arctica
11.03 King Diamond
01.22 70000 Tons of Metal
01.27 Dark Tranquillity
Reply With Quote
  #192  
Old 05-22-2014, 12:21 AM
MPF's Avatar
MPF MPF is offline
That Guy
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 9,148
Quote:
Originally Posted by Epidemic Reign View Post
I can't tell if you're joking or not.
It's a bit of both being serious and joking.

We both had a shitty week and wanna go drinking. I wanna go see Godzilla and she is iffy on it, so I'm thinking this is a good compromise. And if it sucks we can do some MST3K banter to each other.

*Also take in mind I am half awake*
__________________
That Drummer Guy's Reviews, Interviews, Playlists, Radio Shows, & Social Media:
http://www.thatdrummerguy.com
Reply With Quote
  #193  
Old 05-22-2014, 12:35 AM
Epidemic Reign's Avatar
Epidemic Reign Epidemic Reign is offline
Hell Bent for Liquor
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Avondale, AZ
Posts: 3,025
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPF View Post
It's a bit of both being serious and joking.

We both had a shitty week and wanna go drinking. I wanna go see Godzilla and she is iffy on it, so I'm thinking this is a good compromise. And if it sucks we can do some MST3K banter to each other.

*Also take in mind I am half awake*
Gotcha. Well I think one thing you should take into consideration is that the movie is slow at times. I wouldn't necessarily say boring, but slow. For me personally, I think I may have gotten bored and lost interest in the movie if I had been drinking... that's just how my brain works, I need fast-paced activity when I'm under the influence or I lose interest in things. But that may not be the same case for you, because different people react differently when intoxicated. For some it may enhance the experience.
__________________
10.01 Sonata Arctica
11.03 King Diamond
01.22 70000 Tons of Metal
01.27 Dark Tranquillity
Reply With Quote
  #194  
Old 05-22-2014, 12:54 AM
MPF's Avatar
MPF MPF is offline
That Guy
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 9,148
Quote:
Originally Posted by Epidemic Reign View Post
Gotcha. Well I think one thing you should take into consideration is that the movie is slow at times. I wouldn't necessarily say boring, but slow. For me personally, I think I may have gotten bored and lost interest in the movie if I had been drinking... that's just how my brain works, I need fast-paced activity when I'm under the influence or I lose interest in things. But that may not be the same case for you, because different people react differently when intoxicated. For some it may enhance the experience.
Well if it helps I never get shitfaced drunk, just enough to take the edge off things, since one of us has to drive home.

I will definitely take it under consideration.
__________________
That Drummer Guy's Reviews, Interviews, Playlists, Radio Shows, & Social Media:
http://www.thatdrummerguy.com
Reply With Quote
  #195  
Old 05-22-2014, 08:01 AM
dcmetal108's Avatar
dcmetal108 dcmetal108 is offline
Some People Call Me The White Devil
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Chicago, IL
Posts: 7,789
New Godzilla sucked so bad I wouldn't waste my time.

Go see Neighbors or Xmen or Cap. America or anything else.
__________________
www.apocalypticdemise.com
Reply With Quote
  #196  
Old 05-22-2014, 08:09 AM
Dextrimental's Avatar
Dextrimental Dextrimental is offline
SADISTIC, MAGICIAN
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Ireland
Posts: 2,675
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcmetal108 View Post
New Godzilla sucked so bad I wouldn't waste my time.

Go see Neighbors or Xmen or Cap. America or anything else.
Yeah, there's been no middle ground on Godzilla, people either love it or hate it. Ah well, we're getting a sequel regardless
__________________
Yesterday don't mean SHIT.
Reply With Quote
  #197  
Old 05-22-2014, 08:34 AM
AnthG AnthG is offline
N00B
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Toronto, ON
Posts: 2,068
People throw out the "You either love it or hate it" on too many things. There's so many movies/tv shows/bands/songs that i've checked out that were given the "you love it or hate it" credit from people I know, and then i'll check it out and think it was OK or pretty decent. Godzilla is one of those. Basically, people need to stop being so fucking overdramatic.
__________________
12/27 - Protest the Hero
02/04 - Machine Head
04/08 - At the Gates
Reply With Quote
  #198  
Old 05-22-2014, 09:40 AM
John The Drummer's Avatar
John The Drummer John The Drummer is offline
PANNTURRRUHHHHHH!!!!
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Seattle, WA
Posts: 5,321
I'm pretty stoke for the new X-Men movie. I haven't read into it very much, just whats been posted here and the basic info, but sounds like it'll be a good lead into introducing Apocalypse in the next movie (strong rumor). I just hope that since it involves time traveling Cable is in it, he's always been my favorite X-Men character, just a badass.

One of the few movies that I actually am interested in seeing in theaters.... but will probably wait until it comes out on DVD in the Summer
__________________
Dalla Nebbia
facebook.com/dallanebbiamusic

Funeral Age
funeralage.com

Mesmur
facebook.com/mesmurdoom
Reply With Quote
  #199  
Old 05-22-2014, 09:41 AM
Sanitarium78's Avatar
Sanitarium78 Sanitarium78 is offline
Concert Veteran
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Buffalo, NY
Posts: 4,135
I thought the new Godzilla was pretty good. I thought the slow build to the reveal of Godzilla and the less is more approach they used when it came to seeing the monster was done very well. Bryan Cranston is a great actor but nobody was going to see this movie for the actors performances. I wanted to see Godzilla be a badass and that's exactly what I got. I don't know why you would go into a movie like this with any other expectations.
Reply With Quote
  #200  
Old 05-22-2014, 10:28 AM
XDoomsayerX's Avatar
XDoomsayerX XDoomsayerX is offline
So either make a change or shut the fuck up about it already.
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: California
Posts: 1,557
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanitarium78 View Post
I thought the new Godzilla was pretty good. I thought the slow build to the reveal of Godzilla and the less is more approach they used when it came to seeing the monster was done very well. Bryan Cranston is a great actor but nobody was going to see this movie for the actors performances. I wanted to see Godzilla be a badass and that's exactly what I got. I don't know why you would go into a movie like this with any other expectations.
This!

The movie took the Alien and Jaw appeoach. Just build until a big reveal. I dug it and to each their own. Saying it sucked just cuz it wasn't a fucking Micheal Bay movie get the fuck outta here.

New X-Men will kick ass! Micheal Fassbender is a gawd and X-Men first class was awesome cuz of him and James McAvoy's performances.
__________________
2/13/14-Joyce Manor?
3/13/14-Title Fight
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 02:03 PM.


Blah Blah Blah Copyright WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM 2008