Arsis -- West Springfield, VA -- September 1st, 2014
Deep Purple -- Orlando, FL -- August 30th, 2014
Dropdead -- Scottsdale, AZ -- August 30th, 2014
Chevelle -- Wallingford, CT -- August 30th, 2014

Old 04-07-2014, 03:58 PM
SADISTIC, MAGICIAN

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWildAndTheYoung View Post
Well I read an interview with a guy from the team that is making Days Of Future Past, and he said it will definitely fix some stuff. But no matter what it's gonna be epic and I'm really excited about Bishop, Blink, Sunspot, and Quicksilver (though the next Avengers is gonna have a Quicksilver to, so that's gonna be weird). I'm hoping that X-Men: Apocalypse is actually going to have Apocalypse and not end up being just a misleading title that actually means something else (I wouldn't think that would be the case, but that just seams like something that they would pull).

On a side note, I know this is never ever in my wildest superhero dreams gonna happen, but it would super awesome if they had a Ultimate Alliance movie after phase 3 of the Avengers. It doesn't even need to be all the heroes that are in Ultimate Alliance, I think Avengers (including Falcon and War Machine), X-Men, Spider-Man, Blade, and Daredevil (and maybe even the Guardians Of The Galaxy) would do just fine, though the budget would be threw the roof. And even more un-realistic would be to have a Marvel Civil War movie after that, but that would be freakin' epic.
Nah, it'll have Apocalypse. Marvel movie-verse is being very, very smart right now, they're in it for the long haul. Apocalypse will be the pinnacle though, I think. Ultimate Alliance and Civil War's rosters are too big, and the stories aren't altogether conducive to films. But hey, we'll see what happens in the next two decades
Old 04-07-2014, 04:26 PM
I'm Young, I'm Wild, And I'm Free

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dextrimental View Post
Nah, it'll have Apocalypse. Marvel movie-verse is being very, very smart right now, they're in it for the long haul. Apocalypse will be the pinnacle though, I think. Ultimate Alliance and Civil War's rosters are too big, and the stories aren't altogether conducive to films. But hey, we'll see what happens in the next two decades
Yea your probably right, but I would like to see some mash up of super heroes sometime though. Guardians Of The Galaxy/Avengers might not be to far out of reality, and I would honestly think of a movie with Wolverine and Spider-Man would be kinda cool. This probably sounds stupid but they could maybe condense the Civil War roster, change the story a little, and make an X-Men vs. The Avengers, X-Men being the "rebel" team in this case (since they still say in the first Cap that his shield is made out of Adamantium, there's a connection to a shared universe, a loose connection, but still a connection). The producer for Amazing Spider-Man also said that he would like to see a shared universe with The Avengers and Spider-Man, so I guess there is still some hope for some crossovers. Just an idea though, in the end I just want them to be making Marvel movies for a long time.

I'm guessing there might be another Incredible Hulk soon with Mark Ruffalo (maybe Red Hulk as the enemy?), and based off what I heard on the Marvel special a couple of weeks ago, I think they might start killing off some of the Avengers and making way for another team like the comics (just a guess).

As far as Spider-Man goes, I just hope Mysterio and Carnage will be in the next two in some shape or form. Considering they are planning to release a Sinister Six movie, I can say Mysterio will most likely be in it, and the final Spider-Man will probably be him against the Sinister Six. So third movie should have Carnage, just saying.

Last edited by TheWildAndTheYoung; 04-07-2014 at 04:34 PM.
Old 04-07-2014, 04:40 PM
SADISTIC, MAGICIAN

Quote:
Yea your probably right, but I would like to see some mash up of super heroes sometime though. Guardians Of The Galaxy/Avengers might not be to far out of reality, and I would honestly think of a movie with Wolverine and Spider-Man would be kinda cool. This probably sounds stupid but they could maybe condense the Civil War roster, change the story a little, and make an X-Men vs. The Avengers (X-Men being the "rebel" team in this case). The producer for Amazing Spider-Man also said that he would like to see a shared universe with The Avengers and Spider-Man, so I guess there is still some hope for some crossovers. Just an idea though, in the end I just want them to be making Marvel movies for a long time.

I'm guessing there might be another Incredible Hulk soon with Mark Ruffalo (maybe Red Hulk as the enemy?), and based off what I heard on the Marvel special a couple of weeks ago, I think they might start killing off some of the Avengers and making way for another team like the comics (just a guess).

As far as Spider-Man goes, I just hope Mysterio and Carnage will be in the next two in some shape or form. Considering they are planning to release a Sinister Six movie, I can say Mysterio will most likely be in it, and the final Spider-Man will probably be him against the Sinister Six. So third movie should have Carnage, just saying.
You are aware X-Men Vs. Avengers already exists as a comic crossover, right? A crossover is somewhat inevitable with how Marvel are doing things right now, just got to set up all the tangential characters and story-arcs first.

People are hungry for a proper Ruffalo Hulk film. Hopefully we get one after Avengers 2. The Avengers are definitely getting a shake up next film, Evans, Downey and Hemsworth have all stated they don't want to make major films anymore.

Yeah, I'm dying for a Mysterio and Carnage film too. Venom is confirmed for a spin-off, as is Sinister Six, so hopefully Carnage and Mysterio are a part of that. Carnage is dangerous for the film though, very tough to keep things PG with Carnage in the movie, and Spider-Man has always been PG in movie form. If I had to predict villains for the third Spidey film, I'd say Mysterio and Green Goblin. Carnage is too risque.
Old 04-07-2014, 04:49 PM

Quote:
You are aware X-Men Vs. Avengers already exists as a comic crossover, right? A crossover is somewhat inevitable with how Marvel are doing things right now, just got to set up all the tangential characters and story-arcs first.

People are hungry for a proper Ruffalo Hulk film. Hopefully we get one after Avengers 2. The Avengers are definitely getting a shake up next film, Evans, Downey and Hemsworth have all stated they don't want to make major films anymore.

Yeah, I'm dying for a Mysterio and Carnage film too. Venom is confirmed for a spin-off, as is Sinister Six, so hopefully Carnage and Mysterio are a part of that. Carnage is dangerous for the film though, very tough to keep things PG with Carnage in the movie, and Spider-Man has always been PG in movie form. If I had to predict villains for the third Spidey film, I'd say Mysterio and Green Goblin. Carnage is too risque.
Yea I know they are a crossover in the comics, but I was just referring to the movie world. If they take Downey out, you can bet your bottom dollar a LOT of people will be upset, but then again what a better way to shock everyone? Probably would be the most unexpected thing in any movie.

And about Carnage, I guess you are right (my brother keeps saying they should just make a horror film about Carnage alone), but he IS my favorite super villain so I will definitely keep on dreaming that he will be in one. And Green Goblin is in the next Spider-Man, you didn't know that?

Anyway I'm getting goosebumps just thinking about how awesome a X-Men/Avengers movie will be.

Last edited by TheWildAndTheYoung; 04-07-2014 at 04:51 PM.
Old 04-07-2014, 05:29 PM
N00B

Quote:
Well I read an interview with a guy from the team that is making Days Of Future Past, and he said it will definitely fix some stuff. But no matter what it's gonna be epic and I'm really excited about Bishop, Blink, Sunspot, and Quicksilver (though the next Avengers is gonna have a Quicksilver to, so that's gonna be weird). I'm hoping that X-Men: Apocalypse is actually going to have Apocalypse and not end up being just a misleading title that actually means something else (I wouldn't think that would be the case, but that just seams like something that they would pull).

On a side note, I know this is never ever in my wildest superhero dreams gonna happen, but it would super awesome if they had a Ultimate Alliance movie after phase 3 of the Avengers. It doesn't even need to be all the heroes that are in Ultimate Alliance, I think Avengers (including Falcon and War Machine), X-Men, Spider-Man, Blade, and Daredevil (and maybe even the Guardians Of The Galaxy) would do just fine.
You're aware that the main reason behind something like this not happening is because all of the film rights to these characters are housed across different studios, right? Marvel Studios (owned by Disney) doesn't own the film rights a lot of their big titles. The big ones being Spiderman (rights belong to Sony) and Xmen and Fantastic Four (20th Century Fox). So if you're hoping for the entire Marvel universe to get together, well, tough shit dude.

Quicksilver and Scarlett Witch are the two characters where the rights to those characters are split amongst Marvel and 20th Century Fox, which is why, as you stated, we're going to be seeing two different incarnations of Quicksilver. I'm not a big comic book reader so I know next to nothing about his publication and character history, but any relationship he has with Xmen in the comics obviously won't be mentioned in any of the Marvel studios films. They probably won't even mention that he's a mutant. Same with the 20th Century Fox Quicksiler that'll be in Days of Future Past. No references to his tie-ins with the Avengers in the comics.

Here's a guide to help you out:

You'll notice that Daredevil, Blade, Ghost Rider, and Punisher are all back with Marvel now, but only after they all had movies done by other studios, so it's unlikely they'll reboot all of those characters just for the sake of tying them into their film universe (despite doing it with Hulk). The only way Marvel is getting the rights back is if Sony and 20th Century respectively go a certain amount of time without making any titles involving these characters. That's why we keep seeing a new Xmen film every 2-3 years, why Fantastic Four is being rebooted, and why Sony's already greenlit Amazing Spiderman 3 and 4. Sony and Disney couldn't even come to an agreement to get Oscorp Tower in the Avengers for a brief skyline shot.

Fantasize about this all you want, it's not going to happen until Sony and 20th Century Fox decide that they hate money.

Quote:
People are hungry for a proper Ruffalo Hulk film. Hopefully we get one after Avengers 2.
I've seen people ask about this all the time, and I always think the same thing. The Hulk/Bruce Banner that Ruffalo is playing isn't simply a reboot of the Norton version. They're both playing the same character in the same universe. This isn't like when Eric Bana played the Hulk in 2003 and Marvel Studios rebooted it with Norton. So getting another Hulk film with Ruffalo is unlikely. Plus, as a comic book reading buddy of mine pointed out a while back: What more can you really do with the Hulk? Have him keep running from the army? There also wouldn't be anything all that compelling since Joss Whedon decided "hey, let's just have Bruce banner be able to control his powers now, because fuck it."

And personally, I thought Norton's portrayal of Bruce Banner and the Hulk were best of the three. Shame he pissed too many people off and talks broke down between him and the studio.

EDIT: Here's a guy who explains some of this shit a bit more in depth.
12/27 - Protest the Hero

Last edited by AnthG; 04-07-2014 at 05:52 PM.
Old 04-07-2014, 05:40 PM
Hagbard Celine, H.M., S.H.

Man, this is a great thread going here.

Quote:
(my brother keeps saying they should just make a horror film about Carnage alone)
I agree with him. They should also make one centered around... wait for it... The Hate-mongerer.

Old 04-07-2014, 05:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnthG View Post
You're aware that the main reason behind something like this not happening is because all of the film rights to these characters are housed across different studios, right? Marvel Studios (owned by Disney) doesn't own the film rights a lot of their big titles. The big ones being Spiderman (rights belong to Sony) and Xmen and Fantastic Four (20th Century Fox). So if you're hoping for the entire Marvel universe to get together, well, tough shit dude.

Quicksilver and Scarlett Witch are the two characters where the rights to those characters are split amongst Marvel and 20th Century Fox, which is why, as you stated, we're going to be seeing two different incarnations of Quicksilver. I'm not a big comic book reader so I know next to nothing about his publication and character history, but any relationship he has with Xmen in the comics obviously won't be mentioned in any of the Marvel studios films. They probably won't even mention that he's a mutant. Same with the 20th Century Fox Quicksiler that'll be in Days of Future Past. No references to his tie-ins with the Avengers in the comics.

Here's a guide to help you out:

You'll notice that Daredevil, Blade, Ghost Rider, and Punisher are all back with Marvel now, but only after they all had movies done by other studios, so it's unlikely they'll reboot all of those characters just for the sake of tying them into their film universe (despite doing it with Hulk). The only way Marvel is getting the rights back is if Sony and 20th Century respectively go a certain amount of time without making any titles involving these characters. That's why we keep seeing a new Xmen film every 2-3 years, why Fantastic Four is being rebooted, and why Sony's already greenlit Amazing Spiderman 3 and 4. Sony and Disney couldn't even come to an agreement to get Oscorp Tower in the Avengers for a brief skyline shot.

Fantasize about this all you want, it's not going to happen until Sony and 20th Century Fox decide that they hate money.

I've seen people ask about this all the time, and I always think the same thing. The Hulk/Bruce Banner that Ruffalo is playing isn't simply a reboot of the Norton version. They're both playing the same character in the same universe. This isn't like when Eric Bana played the Hulk in 2003 and Marvel Studios rebooted it with Norton. So getting another Hulk film with Ruffalo is unlikely. Plus, as a comic book reading buddy of mine pointed out a while back: What more can you really do with the Hulk? Have him keep running from the army? There also wouldn't be anything all that compelling since Joss Whedon decided "hey, let's just have Bruce banner be able to control his powers now, because fuck it."

And personally, I thought Norton's portrayal of Bruce Banner and the Hulk were best of the three. Shame he pissed too many people off and talks broke down between him and the studio.
What?!?!? the movies are owned by separate studios?!?!? NO WAY!!!.

You seem to think that I am trying to argue against you on this and saying that "Yep, an Ultimate Alliance is on the way, don't care what anyone says". I clearly stated that I know it's not possible, so there's no need to try spend two whole paragraphs explaining why this isn't going to happen because nothing you said is news to me. And it looks to me that you don't even want these things to happen, otherwise why spend two whole paragraphs being a debbie-downer telling us how "There's no way this is going to happen"? As oppose to what a person who wanted these movies to be made would say, just simply "Yea I wish they could make these movies, unfortunately they are owned by separate studios so we most likely will never get them, sucks."

All I'm saying is that I don't care what studio owns what, I want some crossover movies and like Dex (and a lot of others) said, a X-Men and Avengers crossover is almost inevitable. You can get all technical and be a downer and tell me why these movies will never happen, won't change the fact that are great ideas and would make for some awesome movies.
Old 04-07-2014, 06:05 PM
N00B

I know it wasn't your comment originally, but if you're aware of the studio rights politics then how is an Xmen/Avengers film crossover "inevitable"?

I wasn't trying to be a debbie downer or condescending with this. I genuinely got the feeling that you maybe weren't aware of the studio stuff. I wasn't really aware of the film rights for these various characters and how everything really worked until around 2010 or something when a friend of mine who's a huge comic-book fan filled me in on what's what with these studios and the rights to these characters.

As far as me not wanting them to happen: Why wouldn't I? Of course I think it'd be cool for Marvel to be able to use as many characters as they wished and all that. Reminds me of when The X-Men showed up in Spiderman: The Animated Series. Shit was bad ass. But Marvel's got a good thing going on right now, and have more characters coming in already with into their universe with the Guardians of the Galaxy film and AntMan coming in 2015 after Avengers 2. It wouldn't necessarily be a slam dunk that they'd be able to make a film with the Avengers and Spiderman and Daredevil and Wolverine and make it work. Look at how much trouble Warner Brothers and DC are having with their Justice League film. And they have ALL of the DC characters to their disposal to use if i'm not mistaken. Sometimes it's easier to do more and better when you don't have a plethora of tempting options where you can go "Okay, and we can do this, and this, and that, and this and this and oh my god it's going to be awesome!" I mean, i'm sure they'd do at least better than some of the movies at the non-Marvel studios (seriously, those Fantastic four films were garbage), but who knows. That's why you have the comics and the animated shows and your own imagination.

Now, if we can find some way to have a proper Deadpool (not "Deadpool" played by Ryan Reynolds in Xmen Origins: Wolverine) have a tense 1-on-1 battle with Deathstoke...man, i'd be game for that.
12/27 - Protest the Hero
Old 04-07-2014, 06:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnthG View Post
I know it wasn't your comment originally, but if you're aware of the studio rights politics then how is an Xmen/Avengers film crossover "inevitable"?

I wasn't trying to be a debbie downer or condescending with this. I genuinely got the feeling that you maybe weren't aware of the studio stuff. I wasn't really aware of the film rights for these various characters and how everything really worked until around 2010 or something when a friend of mine who's a huge comic-book fan filled me in on what's what with these studios and the rights to these characters.

As far as me not wanting them to happen: Why wouldn't I? Of course I think it'd be cool for Marvel to be able to use as many characters as they wished and all that. Reminds me of when The X-Men showed up in Spiderman: The Animated Series. Shit was bad ass. But Marvel's got a good thing going on right now, and have more characters coming in already with into their universe with the Guardians of the Galaxy film and AntMan coming in 2015 after Avengers 2. It wouldn't necessarily be a slam dunk that they'd be able to make a film with the Avengers and Spiderman and Daredevil and Wolverine and make it work. Look at how much trouble Warner Brothers and DC are having with their Justice League film. And they have ALL of the DC characters to their disposal to use if i'm not mistaken. Sometimes it's easier to do more and better when you don't have a plethora of tempting options where you can go "Okay, and we can do this, and this, and that, and this and this and oh my god it's going to be awesome!" I mean, i'm sure they'd do at least better than some of the movies at the non-Marvel studios (seriously, those Fantastic four films were garbage), but who knows. That's why you have the comics and the animated shows and your own imagination.

Now, if we can find some way to have a proper Deadpool (not "Deadpool" played by Ryan Reynolds in Xmen Origins: Wolverine) have a tense 1-on-1 battle with Deathstoke...man, i'd be game for that.
You make good points, but I would really like at least one studio to push for a crossover movie of some sort. I could probably make a whole entire Marvel Universe Outline of Movies because of how many ideas I have, the possibilities are endless. You could have a X-Men Vs. Avengers movie or an X-Men with the Avengers that could also lead to having characters like Wolverine and Storm being added to the Avengers team.

Tbh I would be perfectly satisfied if they just did a Wolverine/Spider-Man mash-up, that would just be beyond amazing. At least we can expect some more heroes to join in with Spider-Man in the future two movies.
Old 04-08-2014, 07:05 AM
SADISTIC, MAGICIAN

I actually wasn't too familiar with the studio politics, thanks for clearing that up! I mean, I was aware of it, but I wasn't familiar with what property belonged to whom. Interesting.

TWATY - Of course I knew Green Goblin is in this Spider-Man, I meant he's going to be in no. 3 too.

I'm pretty stoked with how Marvel's movies are panning out. It's the grown up version of the Saturday morning cartoons. I remember reading that Whedon said that Avenger's was out Ruffalo Hulk film, and I agree, I just hope in phase 3 we might get Planet Hulk or something that will push his character forward a little bit.

Deadpool vs. Deathstroke, or Deadpool vs. Punisher would make me very happy. Please though, less of the Wolverine. I love the character, but his main power is popularity, and The Wolverine was average at best.