Home Set Lists Forums The Permanent Record Asshole Opinion

Head Wound City -- Los Angeles, CA -- September 21st, 2014
After The Burial -- Flint, MI -- September 20th, 2014
Periphery -- Lansing, MI -- September 19th, 2014
Otherwise -- Sturtevant, WI -- September 19th, 2014
Eluveitie -- Baltimore, MD -- September 19th, 2014

Old 03-29-2014, 04:52 AM
Meanwhile, behind the facade of this innocent looking bookstore...

Quote:
Originally Posted by detuned View Post
nope, skindred were going to tour with seether and black stone cherry
And is that tour going ahead without them?

25/9 Andrew O'Neill
8/10 Jex Thoth
13/10 The Skull
Old 03-29-2014, 10:11 AM
Banned Asshole

Quote:
To our US Fans & Family

It is with great regret that we announce the cancellation of our upcoming US run this May (supporting our friends Seether, and appearances at numerous festivals). Due to circumstances far beyond our control, we have been forcibly cornered into a position which has left us unable to fulfil our scheduled touring commitments.

Once again for Skindred, an unscrupulous agenda adopted by a certain ‘company’ (who for legal reasons, must remain nameless at this point) has crippled our ability to bring our reputed live show to the United States. This, we want to assure you, is only a temporary setback. We have suffered a history of similar negligence in the past from various ‘companies’; lesser bands have crumbled and disbanded in the face of such failures. Whilst we are furious that we have been rendered unable to tour the USA this time around, we remain adamant that current circumstances will not deter us from returning in the near future.

As a band, and four individuals who live to tour and play music, please try to imagine our anger and growing frustration with this scenario. We want to play everywhere. We are not in the habit of pulling shows, whether it be in advance or at the last minute. Together with our team we put a huge amount of organisation and resources into our touring calendar; we do this to play shows, not cancel them. Disappointing our fans, fellow bands and organisers is not something we take lightly or want to do, ever. Cancellation is a last resort.

We believe in this album and what it stands for. From the bottom of our hearts we want to thank those of you who have already picked up ‘Kill The Power’, and for supporting us even when the chips are down. All we can ask is for your patience & understanding in this time, while we work on a solution to these current problems. We thank you for your continued support, and hope that any disgruntled fans can appreciate that our hands are tied. We hope that you can be understanding, and we WILL see you soon.

Thanks & respect,
Arya, Benji, Dan & Mikey
[fb]
Old 03-30-2014, 09:21 AM

As for Motorhead, all of the dates from Welcome To Rockville onwards have been pulled from their site, but all of the West Coast ones in April (i.e. near where Lemmy lives...) are still there.

25/9 Andrew O'Neill
8/10 Jex Thoth
13/10 The Skull
Old 03-31-2014, 05:44 AM
When your grabbing ass with your friends...

What happened to Head Cat? Didn't Lemmy say if he wasn't able to tour w/ Motörhead he would do a new Head Cat album? Honestly, at this point I'd be happier w/ that then seeing Motörhead listed on these great festivals and see the disappointment from everybody when they have to cancel. I'm not sure if a lot liked Head Cat but I was a big fan of it.
Old 03-31-2014, 05:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 300%_Density View Post
What happened to Head Cat? Didn't Lemmy say if he wasn't able to tour w/ Motörhead he would do a new Head Cat album? Honestly, at this point I'd be happier w/ that then seeing Motörhead listed on these great festivals and see the disappointment from everybody when they have to cancel. I'm not sure if a lot liked Head Cat but I was a big fan of it.
I'd rather he did absolutely nothing and just got well again.

With what's happening though, I think it's pretty clear there's more wrong with him than they're letting on.

25/9 Andrew O'Neill
8/10 Jex Thoth
13/10 The Skull
Old 03-31-2014, 06:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravenheart View Post
I'd rather he did absolutely nothing and just got well again.

With what's happening though, I think it's pretty clear there's more wrong with him than they're letting on.
Yea. I might be looking at it more greedy than I should. If it's bad enough I'd rather him not do anything. I dread that one of these days something much worse has happened. The new album was one of their best in years. I wished I could get to hear something off it.
Old 03-31-2014, 07:47 AM
Altars of Radness

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravenheart View Post
I fear that it's going to be situation much like Jeff Hanneman's death where it's suddenly announced. I think the management is trying to keep everybody calm, but with the continuing cancellation of shows they're certainly not doing a good job of it. If it was just a slump he needed to get through, I think he would have gained the strength to get back on the road by now. Of course this all speculation on my part, but it seems that his health is simply deteriorating. I hate to be so negative, but given the substance abuse, alcoholism, and heavy smoking that he has done over the years, I don't think it's far fetched to say that Lemmy doesn't have much time left. I'm hoping for the best, but expecting the worst.
Old 03-31-2014, 01:23 PM
Metal-Setlistcore

Weekend at Lemmy's
Old 04-07-2014, 01:12 PM

Go Rocklahoma.

Lose Motörhead & Skindred. Get back Lacuna Coil & Extreme. Totally fair trade.
Old 04-08-2014, 06:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 300%_Density View Post
Go Rocklahoma.

Lose Motörhead & Skindred. Get back Lacuna Coil & Extreme. Totally fair trade.
Both of those are better than Skindred.

25/9 Andrew O'Neill
8/10 Jex Thoth
13/10 The Skull