We All Rage In gold
From The Hill
The Tide
Water is Not Enough
My Heart For Deliverance
Bleeding the Pigs
The Doorway
Stones From The Sky

I know I am missing a song for sure. Don't remember which. If someone was at this show and would like to fill the last song missing, I would greatly appreciate it. Anyways, the band was on fire. Scotty Kelly rammed his head at lightning speed right into the microphone, HEAD FIRST during the end of "The Doorway". You could here the harsh "BANG" sound of his head pummeling into the mic from miles away from the venue. I don't know how that guy wasn't writhing in pain after doing what i just saw him do. If that was me I would have been on the floor crying like a baby and screaming for 911 and holding on to my head while rolling around on the floor, screaming in pain. Scott Kelly didn't show any emotion after ramming his head in the mic. That shit must have hurt like hell and for him not to flinch or show any emotion of being in pain...... It blew my mind away, Scott Kelly is the fucking man.

It's really hard to point out a highlight. The entire show was just one big highlight after another. Their entire performance blew my mind away. I have never witnessed or seen a type of show like this one. My review won't do last nights performance any justice. As Natrhi said in his review; "you just had to of been there". Neurosis was amazing, and this was one of the best live performances that I have ever seen. Yep, this was hands down the best show of 2013 for me. This show was not a musical performance. This was art being portrayed by a couple of very talented mother fuckers.

END
11/14 - Slayer

Last edited by Sepultura69; 12-29-2013 at 11:14 PM.
Old 12-29-2013, 10:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sepultura69 View Post
Stones From The Sky
Last time I saw them this song was the highlight of the set for me, massive!
Old 12-29-2013, 01:29 PM
One who onions things

Righteous setlist. I am very, very very stoked for tonight.
Satan/Slough Feg - 10/25
King Diamond - 8/31
Judas Priest - 11/16
Old 12-29-2013, 01:45 PM
Metal is proof that Satan loves us and wants us to be happy.

Quote:
Scotty Kelly rammed his head at lightning speed right into the microphone, HEAD FIRST during the end of "The Doorway". You could here the harsh "BANG" sound of his head pummeling into the mic from miles away from the venue. I don't know how that guy wasn't writhing in pain after doing what i just saw him do. If that was me I would have been on the floor crying like a baby and screaming for 911 and holding on to my head while rolling around on the floor, screaming in pain. Scott Kelly didn't show any emotion after ramming his head in the mic. That shit must have hurt like hell and for him not to flinch or show any emotion of being in pain...... It blew my mind away, Scott Kelly is the fucking man.
You are truly the master at saying the exact same thing like three or four times in a row for added emphasis when you're excited about something.

Seriously, though - Scott does that head butt thing all the time. Read my review from a year ago. He did the same thing during "We All Rage in Gold". In fact, if you want to relive the moment from last night (well, almost), just click on the link for the video for that song, and fast forward to about the 4:10 mark. Bam! Microphone, meet Scott's forehead. He bled on and off for the rest of the set after that.

Glad to hear you loved the show. Seeing the legendary Neurosis perform live is a game-changing, bucket list type of experience for any metalhead, not to mention anyone who claims to be a fan of post-metal.

EDIT: ...and oh yeah, that's a wicked awesome set. I'm not sure they pay "The Tide" all that often live, and I'm sure "Stones from the Sky" would be a badass set closer. Very nice.

EDIT2: I think you meant "At the Well" for the third song.

Last edited by Natrlhi; 12-29-2013 at 01:52 PM.
Old 12-29-2013, 01:48 PM
N00B

Yeah, Scott Kelly did the same thing at the Atlanta show last year. I was front row center, two feet from him and he gave me the most spine-tingling death stare I've ever seen. Truth be told, dude scares me a bit.

Holy hell, this set is fantastic!! Opening up with ASTNS is a great choice.

Last edited by InFlamesOfBirchmen; 12-30-2013 at 12:08 PM.
Old 12-29-2013, 04:25 PM
PC Load Letter? What the fuck does that mean?

I'm kicking myself for not seeing them in Chicago last year with The Atlas Moth, snowstorm and all. As Nat said, this is a bucket list type show. They are one of my all time favorites and I have a feeling I'm going to have to make a pilgrimage somewhere soon to see them since they never come to Cleveland.

I'm loving all the A Sun That Never Sets attention also...
Old 12-29-2013, 05:53 PM
Smoke Satan, Worship Crack

Quote:
Scotty Kelly rammed his head at lightning speed right into the microphone, HEAD FIRST during the end of "The Doorway". You could here the harsh "BANG" sound of his head pummeling into the mic from miles away from the venue.
this made me laugh so much. I just pictured eating at the Del Taco and then BAMM!! Then they look around all confused. hahaha
Old 12-29-2013, 08:10 PM
MAN IS NOT ALONE IN THIS WORLD AND MANKIND IS NOT COMPLETELY ABSURD

Quote:
Originally Posted by christopher View Post
this made me laugh so much. I just pictured eating at the Del Taco and then BAMM!! Then they look around all confused. hahaha
We parked our cars at del taco, but for some reason my friend got a ticket and I didn't. Also, there was a lot of stupid bro-core-fist swinging-death core-dancing mosh pits going on during some of the songs. Was a bit of a turn off, and really stupid in my opinion. There was one guy running around, swinging his arms like he's holding a baseball bat. That shit was really pissing me the fuck off. Save that shit for a Slayer show or something. Keep that shit away from these types of shows. Neurosis don't come off as a band that attract BROOT-AWL-MOSHING so keep that shit out of the fucking kitchen or so help me god.
11/14 - Slayer
Old 12-29-2013, 08:36 PM
Smoke Satan, Worship Crack

Quote:
We parked our cars at del taco, but for some reason my friend got a ticket and I didn't. Also, there was a lot of stupid bro-core-fist swinging-death core-dancing mosh pits going on during some of the songs. Was a bit of a turn off, and really stupid in my opinion. There was one guy running around, swinging his arms like he's holding a baseball bat. That shit was really pissing me the fuck off. Save that shit for a Slayer show or something. Keep that shit away from these types of shows. Neurosis don't come off as a band that attract BROOT-AWL-MOSHING so keep that shit out of the fucking kitchen or so help me god.
I just think its that venue. It's happened at all the shows I've been there lately. There was even a swinging arm mosh pit for GZA.
Old 12-29-2013, 09:12 PM
Tinnitus

Quote:
Originally Posted by christopher View Post
I just think its that venue. It's happened at all the shows I've been there lately. There was even a swinging arm mosh pit for GZA.
I can't even picture that.
3/5 Power Trip

Tags
neurosis