Ace Frehley -- Uncasville, CT -- November 21st, 2014
Nuclear War Now! Fest IV -- Berlin, Germany -- November 7-8th, 2014

Go Back   WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM > Community Forums > Album Reviews

Old 12-27-2013, 09:36 AM
Troo Methulfan

So, Orchid is not doom?

*weeps in corner*
Old 12-28-2013, 09:48 AM
Metal is proof that Satan loves us and wants us to be happy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by metallicbrian666 View Post
"MetallicBrian's Shittiest Fucking "2011 Best Of" List Ever"

"Brian's sequenced list of items pertaining to the current year that will soon be over" (2012)

"40 Albums of 2013 that were better than anything on your stupid fucking list"

#backpeddling #fullofshit #onedimensional
Yeah, we get that you can come up with ironical thread titles. You're so fucking clever.

When I was referring to back-peddling, I wasn't even talking about that. I was referring to the existence of posts like the following:

Quote:
Thanks man

Let me know how Lamb Of God is btw. I miss middle school.
Quote:
Hmm.....maybe you're just stupid? Or you just didn't like it.....

Of course, as we've all learned from multiple choice tests, "all of the above" is usually a solid guess.
Quote:
It took you a second? Oh dear.....
...wherein you insult the people reading your thread, and then post bullshit like this:

Quote:
I'm more or less enjoying the rather serious/negative response to what is essentially a tongue in cheek thread/idea.
...implying that "I never meant anything by it, you people take shit too seriously, etc. etc. etc.".

It's the very definition of back-peddling. You were being a dick, and you got called out for it. Just own it like a man and move on. You don't even have to apologize (although you probably should), but for fuck's sake stop trying to act like it's everybody else who were taking shit too seriously or being asshole-ish. It was you.

Oh, and your thread is one-dimensional as hell, too. It's 98% slam, plus a few other things like Melt Banana thrown in there because your listening tastes are oh so eclectic and varied.

Please.

The point is, the comments you got were fairly accurate, but you didn't like them, so you punked out and started calling people names and acting like a child.

Is that a clear enough explanation for you?
Old 12-28-2013, 09:55 AM
Humanaut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natrlhi View Post
Yeah, we get that you can come up with ironical thread titles. You're so fucking clever.

When I was referring to back-peddling, I wasn't even talking about that.
...wherein you insult the people reading your thread, and then post bullshit like this:

...implying that "I never meant anything by it, you people take shit too seriously, etc. etc. etc.".

It's the very definition of back-peddling. You were being a dick, and you got called out for it. Just own it like a man and move on. You don't even have to apologize (although you probably should), but for fuck's sake stop trying to act like it's everybody else who were taking shit too seriously or being asshole-ish. It was you.

Oh, and your thread is one-dimensional as hell, too. It's 98% slam, plus a few other things like Melt Banana thrown in there because your listening tastes are oh so eclectic and varied.

Please.

The point is, the comments you got were fairly accurate, but you didn't like them, so you punked out and started calling people names and acting like a child.

Old 12-28-2013, 12:32 PM
#Controversial

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natrlhi View Post

When I was referring to back-peddling, I wasn't even talking about that. I was referring to the existence of posts like the following:

Please.

To this I shall respond with words:

- I understand I was being a dick. People said rude things in my thread so I returned with rude things, no one is disputing this. You originally responded to my joking about people here being elitist, which wasn't serious. I was making fun of the fact that people were saying I was acting like I was better than them, when REALLY they're better than me. I don't really care what people like but its strange to dispute someones tastes when comparing them to your own as fact.

- What I thought was a harmless response to the dude who said he didn't "get" Melt Banana apparently turned him into "WHAT DID YOU SAY ABOUT MY GIRL, BRO??" mode, which was totally unnecessary and entirely entertaining. He wrote off something that wasn't his cup of tea, I responded by essentially saying that while he may not like it others do, and he was extremely offended by that. As if its impossible to like it, because if it was, he most definitely would.

- I want to clarify, I have no issues with you. If I'm not mistaken we met at MDF? I mean no harm with the shitty things I tend to say online. I just think its interesting that me liking music of a certain style is somehow negative. If you like cookies, but Oreos are your favorite, you're probably going to eat Oreos most of the time. Does that mean other people should think less of you for it?
Old 12-29-2013, 03:23 AM
Troo Methulfan

Quote:
To this I shall respond with words:

- I understand I was being a dick. People said rude things in my thread so I returned with rude things, no one is disputing this. You originally responded to my joking about people here being elitist, which wasn't serious. I was making fun of the fact that people were saying I was acting like I was better than them, when REALLY they're better than me. I don't really care what people like but its strange to dispute someones tastes when comparing them to your own as fact.

- What I thought was a harmless response to the dude who said he didn't "get" Melt Banana apparently turned him into "WHAT DID YOU SAY ABOUT MY GIRL, BRO??" mode, which was totally unnecessary and entirely entertaining. He wrote off something that wasn't his cup of tea, I responded by essentially saying that while he may not like it others do, and he was extremely offended by that. As if its impossible to like it, because if it was, he most definitely would.

- I want to clarify, I have no issues with you. If I'm not mistaken we met at MDF? I mean no harm with the shitty things I tend to say online. I just think its interesting that me liking music of a certain style is somehow negative. If you like cookies, but Oreos are your favorite, you're probably going to eat Oreos most of the time. Does that mean other people should think less of you for it?
I like cookies. Problem?
Old 12-29-2013, 06:31 PM
#Controversial

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetalIsArt View Post
I like cookies. Problem?
Only your reading comprehension

EDIT: I still don't want to believe that this is a serious response

Last edited by metallicbrian666; 12-29-2013 at 06:37 PM.
Old 12-29-2013, 06:59 PM
The infection has been removed, the soul of this machine has improved!

Quote:
What I thought was a harmless response to the dude who said he didn't "get" Melt Banana apparently turned him into "WHAT DID YOU SAY ABOUT MY GIRL, BRO??" mode, which was totally unnecessary and entirely entertaining. He wrote off something that wasn't his cup of tea, I responded by essentially saying that while he may not like it others do, and he was extremely offended by that. As if its impossible to like it, because if it was, he most definitely would.
Try and read and retain next time. Show me where you said "while he may not like it others do", or something even close. Go for it, because now you're just making it up. So, in addition to being the Dick of December, you're a flat out liar. Let's recap shall we:

Me: I tried this Melt Banana thing, sorry I don't get it. What's to enjoy about 30-40 minutes of bumper music on Robot Chicken/Adult Swim?

You: You answered your question in the first sentence.

I never said your list is crap, I never said this album sucked, I never said anything ridiculous like that. I simply didn't get what was entertaining about something way off-beat and foreign to my ears. Your next chess move was to act all high and mighty and woe unto lesser beings such as myself for not comprehending the tucked away painting in the darkened gallery.

You chose to act like a sarcastic dick about it, and now you're acting like a stupid child by not addressing me directly, I have to come back to you for this nonsense.
Old 12-29-2013, 07:10 PM
The cameras are whores for the daily bloodshed.

Wow. You guys are getting way too mad at people you'll never meet.

11/03-Suffocation, Kataklysm (?)
11/25-Slayer (?)
Old 12-29-2013, 07:12 PM
#Controversial

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maideneer View Post
Try and read and retain next time. Show me where you said "while he may not like it others do", or something even close. Go for it, because now you're just making it up. So, in addition to being the Dick of December, you're a flat out liar. Let's recap shall we:

Me: I tried this Melt Banana thing, sorry I don't get it. What's to enjoy about 30-40 minutes of bumper music on Robot Chicken/Adult Swim?

You: You answered your question in the first sentence.

I never said your list is crap, I never said this album sucked, I never said anything ridiculous like that. I simply didn't get what was entertaining about something way off-beat and foreign to my ears. Your next chess move was to act all high and mighty and woe unto lesser beings such as myself for not comprehending the tucked away painting in the darkened gallery.

You chose to act like a sarcastic dick about it, and now you're acting like a stupid child by not addressing me directly, I have to come back to you for this nonsense.
I didn't think that was a sarcastic response. You said you didn't get it, and asked what there is to enjoy about it. I didn't say that you were stupid, I didn't say you were a lesser person for thinking so, it simply didn't click with you. So be it. What sounds like "30-40 minutes of bumper music on Robot Chicken/Adult Swim" to you is my favorite music released this year.

I'm sorry for being a dick to you but after a thread full of people whining about my choices, and El Gordo's well-informed analysis of "brutal death grindcore" all being the same, I assumed it was more of the same.

Plus I thought the smiley face would soften the blow
Old 12-29-2013, 07:38 PM
#Controversial

If people were seriously upset by things said in this thread then sorry. But really now, when people starting coming in and making comments against the list I assumed it was anything goes. To have it then turned on me with "how coud u say that bro" is laughable. Also to have the responses in the first half of the thread looking down upon my list as "one-dimensional", with the second half saying how I was acting "high and mighty" is also hilarious.

Say what you will about my sarcastic responses but they were contained in my thread, which was started with a sarcastic title/post in the first place. I'm not going in other peoples best-of lists to discuss how pretentious they are in comparison to moi. If people would like to give their "constructive criticism" on how I should listen to music the right way then by all means, sign me up for your online seminar.

I don't like that posts with more than one sentence look like ultra-serious lectures so read this again in Gilbert Gottfried's voice. Also be sure to wear your 3-D glasses to get all those dimensions you expect from a metal forum