Home Set Lists Forums The Permanent Record Asshole Opinion

Misery Signals -- Toronto, Ontario -- August 23rd, 2014
Rhapsody of Fire -- Cd. Obregon, Mex -- August 24th, 2014
Sleep -- Boston, MA -- August 24th, 2014
Alice in Chains -- Rama, Ontario -- August 23rd, 2014
Boris -- Santa Cruz, CA -- August 21st, 2014

Old 12-23-2013, 01:31 PM
My heart, tears, and prayers go out to the sad, abused, and suffering children of the world!

Seriously, can you all please explain to me why you're making these types of jokes? It doesn't make sense because QR is clearly doing better than the jokes your making would indicate.
Old 12-23-2013, 01:44 PM
N00B

Quote:
Originally Posted by fonzbear2000 View Post
Seriously, can you all please explain to me why you're making these types of jokes? It doesn't make sense because QR is clearly doing better than the jokes your making would indicate.
Becauseeee it's funny?
Old 12-23-2013, 01:48 PM
When your grabbing ass with your friends...

This will be the future of QR:

Old 12-23-2013, 01:54 PM
My heart, tears, and prayers go out to the sad, abused, and suffering children of the world!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDeadPanda View Post
Becauseeee it's funny?
How is it funny if QR is doing BETTER than the jokes indicate?
Old 12-23-2013, 02:09 PM
Concert Veteran

Quote:
How is it funny if QR is doing BETTER than the jokes indicate?
They really aren't doing that good. They are having a hard time booking venues in North America as evident by the fact that the album came out six months ago and they have less then a dozen venues booked for their "tour".

Now a big reason for this is because the other Ryche came out with their new album and booked their tour first. Obviously, this doesn't help the new Ryche when it comes to finding venues to play. That's where the jokes come in. They are having such a hard time finding venues to play in that we joke about them getting to the point where they'll play anywhere.

Having two Ryche's isn't helping them but neither is blind fanboys who somehow think the new version of the band is doing well.
Old 12-23-2013, 03:08 PM
Meanwhile, behind the facade of this innocent looking bookstore...

Quote:
Except that they're not and any idiot can see that from the sporadic "tours" with small numbers of dates spread out over the course of several months, and tiny venues - especially compared to what they used to play.

As Sanitarium said, the two bands thing isn't helping, and maybe there's a childish nucleus to the old fanbase that is split in two over the whole thing so each band is playing to half a fanbase or something, but it's really not difficult to see that they're struggling big time.

7/9 Pentagram
16/9 Richie Kotzen
19/9 Kamchatka

Last edited by ravenheart; 12-23-2013 at 03:13 PM.
Old 12-23-2013, 03:44 PM
N00B

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravenheart View Post
Except that they're not and any idiot can see that from the sporadic "tours" with small numbers of dates spread out over the course of several months, and tiny venues - especially compared to what they used to play.

As Sanitarium said, the two bands thing isn't helping, and maybe there's a childish nucleus to the old fanbase that is split in two over the whole thing so each band is playing to half a fanbase or something, but it's really not difficult to see that they're struggling big time.
This basically, although oddly enough the Tate version seems to be doing more festivals overseas and has played more major markets in the US.
Living Colour
Old 12-23-2013, 04:37 PM
Meanwhile, behind the facade of this innocent looking bookstore...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steev View Post
This basically, although oddly enough the Tate version seems to be doing more festivals overseas and has played more major markets in the US.
The Tate version hasn't played at all in Europe since the split.

7/9 Pentagram
16/9 Richie Kotzen
19/9 Kamchatka
Old 12-23-2013, 04:49 PM

True they're not as popular as they once were, but they're not exactly playing super small clubs that hold under 200. The same holds true for the Scorpions. They're not nearly as big as they were in the 80's either. I agree that I don't like the way they're booking shows right now with sporadic shows here and there. One possible reason is that when tatertot booked his most recent tour, he booked a lot of places that QR should be in and they might be worried about playing the same places after tatertot overplaying some of those markets and ruining their reputation. Ya ya, make all the jokes you want. "What reputation". Har har har. Once the trial for the rights to the name takes place at the end of January and all of that is sorted out(which I will be starting a new thread about once a decision is made just so you have a heads up), I'm sure we'll see some better tour plans take place. I'm just glad and thankful QR is even doing as well as they are. It could be much worse. It tatertot was still with them, they would be playing in clubs of 200 and drawing less than half of that.
Old 12-23-2013, 05:30 PM
Concert Veteran

Quote:
True they're not as popular as they once were, but they're not exactly playing super small clubs that hold under 200. The same holds true for the Scorpions. They're not nearly as big as they were in the 80's either. I agree that I don't like the way they're booking shows right now with sporadic shows here and there. One possible reason is that when tatertot booked his most recent tour, he booked a lot of places that QR should be in and they might be worried about playing the same places after tatertot overplaying some of those markets and ruining their reputation. Ya ya, make all the jokes you want. "What reputation". Har har har. Once the trial for the rights to the name takes place at the end of January and all of that is sorted out(which I will be starting a new thread about once a decision is made just so you have a heads up), I'm sure we'll see some better tour plans take place. I'm just glad and thankful QR is even doing as well as they are. It could be much worse. It tatertot was still with them, they would be playing in clubs of 200 and drawing less than half of that.
Tate doesn't book the tours, most bands have management that takes care of that stuff. So, he didn't purposely book certain venues so the LaTorre Ryche wouldn't get them. Tate's Ryche just got the venues because their album was released first. If the other version had got their album out first things may have been the other way around.

The new version of the band is just as much part of the problem as Tate's is. First of all, they walk out on Tate and want to take the band name with them. Then instead of starting over with LaTorre and renaming the band something else, they decided to keep the name Queensryche which is causing all sorts of confusion. You can't have two different versions of the same band. The new Ryche is screwing themselves over in a lot of ways because they didn't change their name. True, they may have to start over at the bottom by creating a new band but would it really be that much worse then where they are now? The whole name controversy has turned the band into a bigger joke than anything Tate did to damage them over the last decade.