I Saw Your Mommy
Cyco Style
Who's Afraid?
How Will I Laugh Tomorrow if I Can't Even Smile Today
Pledge Your Allegiance
--------------
Drum Solo
I Shot the Devil

I was underwhelmed when I last saw Suicidal Tendencies 7 months ago in Salt Lake City but I thought I would give them another chance since they actually came to my town. Plus Salt Lake City crowds and venues are generally terrible so I thought that might have inflenced my opinion.

The crowd and venue were much better tonight and I had a good time. I got to hear I Saw Your Mommy and the band seemed much tighter and Mike even let other people speak for a little bit. I give them a lot of credit for deviating quite a bit from the studio versions of their songs in a good way, most notably in War Inside My Head, Possessed to Skate and I Saw Your Mommy. Unfortunately some of my big complaints from the Salt Lake City show are still here.

Mike still talks too damn much, the 5 minutes of talking over the How Will I Laugh riff before finally starting the song was too much. And finally, the setlist is awful. One song off of Lights Camera Revolution? No Trip at the Brain? None off of Controlled By Hatred? None off of The Art of Rebellion, where they started playing this more funkified style? They only played an hour and a half so these egregious flaws could have been fixed.

To sum up, I would probably go again if they come here again but they are not a group I would travel for.
Old 12-07-2013, 01:16 PM
When your grabbing ass with your friends...

Thanks for posting this. I'm hopeful that I'll be seeing them in Tulsa on Tuesday. The lack of LCR songs just really flat out blows. I will agree 100% with that comment. This will be the first time that I get to see them so I won't be too tough on the setlist. This set is good, not great. I looked on setlist and it looks like it shows 4 more than what you posted:

You Can't Bring Me Down
Institutionalized
Smash It!
Suicide's an Alternative
You'll Be Sorry
War Inside My Head
Subliminal
Slam City
I Saw Your Mommy
Freedumb
Possessed to Skate
Disco's Out, Murder's In
Cyco Vision
Who's Afraid?
How Will I Laugh Tomorrow
Pledge Your Allegiance

Drum Solo
I Shot the Devil

Obviously I'm more apt to believe yours since I know you were there vs setlists. If the setlist one is correct, playing Suicide's An Alternative would be a nice addition.
Old 12-07-2013, 03:15 PM
One who onions things

An hour and a half is plenty for a band like Suicidal, but having it consist of only 13 songs is stupid. Eh, I'll stick with the albums until Mike eventually reunites an old lineup.
Satan/Slough Feg - 10/25
King Diamond - 8/31
Judas Priest - 11/16
Old 12-07-2013, 08:36 PM
N00B

did Trash Talk tear up the place? They we're vicious live when I saw them last year.
Old 12-08-2013, 11:31 AM
Old Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by 300%_Density View Post
Thanks for posting this. I'm hopeful that I'll be seeing them in Tulsa on Tuesday. The lack of LCR songs just really flat out blows. I will agree 100% with that comment. This will be the first time that I get to see them so I won't be too tough on the setlist. This set is good, not great. I looked on setlist and it looks like it shows 4 more than what you posted:

You Can't Bring Me Down
Institutionalized
Smash It!
Suicide's an Alternative
You'll Be Sorry
War Inside My Head
Subliminal
Slam City
I Saw Your Mommy
Freedumb
Possessed to Skate
Disco's Out, Murder's In
Cyco Vision
Who's Afraid?
How Will I Laugh Tomorrow
Pledge Your Allegiance

Drum Solo
I Shot the Devil

Obviously I'm more apt to believe yours since I know you were there vs setlists. If the setlist one is correct, playing Suicide's An Alternative would be a nice addition.
I wish I would have seen that concert Boise gets the short end of the stick again! I found an almost full concert from Santa Ana a week or two ago on youtube and it looks like they did play the setlist you list there, hopefully you will be lucky and get that set. Post your setlist after you go, I want to know how much I was cheated.

Tags
suicidal tendencies