Despised Icon -- Worcester, MA -- December 21st, 2014
Cormorant -- San Francisco, CA -- December 20th, 2014
Opeth -- Toronto, Ontario -- December 21st, 2014
It Lies Within -- Flint, MI -- December 21st, 2014
Pig Destroyer -- Philadelphia, PA -- December 20th, 2014

Old 12-03-2013, 01:38 PM
N00B

New Slipknot album

This was touched upon in another thread, figured I'd give it it's own. The new album is being in written this coming January. As a result Jim Root is not touring with Stone Sour on their upcoming run(but weird since Corey is obviously doing the tour). Also safe to assume Scar the Martyr isn't touring anytime soon.
Old 12-03-2013, 03:02 PM
Banned Asshole

not weird really, its pretty common for singers to have little to do with the writing process of the actual music, so i can see how he can still tour. actually i think its weirder for jim to just not do the tour.

Quote:
With an impending Slipknot album on the horizon, Jim will not be touring with Stone Sour this winter. Everyone involved is okay with the decision and our mutual friend Christian Martucci will be filling in on guitar. It was a difficult decision, but as the fans have wanted another Stone Sour tour and Jim had responsibilities to the writing process with Slipknot, we feel this is the best decision where everyone wins.
Old 12-03-2013, 03:33 PM
N00B

Quote:
Originally Posted by detuned View Post
not weird really, its pretty common for singers to have little to do with the writing process of the actual music, so i can see how he can still tour. actually i think its weirder for jim to just not do the tour.
I'm not that surprised, just weird since that means only 2 members touring with Stone Sour have been around since their first release on Roadrunner(let alone the band's formation)

Somewhat unrelated note, when the band signed at Rock On the Range this year Jim wasn't there