Rhapsody of Fire -- Cd. Obregon, Mex -- August 24th, 2014
Sleep -- Boston, MA -- August 24th, 2014
Alice in Chains -- Rama, Ontario -- August 23rd, 2014
Boris -- Santa Cruz, CA -- August 21st, 2014

Go Back   WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM > Community Forums > General Chat

Old 12-02-2013, 06:44 AM
N00B

Aria (Russia), Cambridge MA, November 30, 2013

I'm posting this here because I have no clue what the set list was. Moscow's Aria, came and did two shows in America thanks to the Russian Rock Club. Boston's show was at the Middle East downstairs in Cambridge, MA, and drew about 200 people. About 5 percent of the crowd were the usual metalheads. The rest were Russian community folks there mainly because it was a community thing. The result was not a lot of patch vests and a whole lot of knit sweaters, LOL.

What everyone did have in common was a loud and enthusiastic love for Aria. The band played for an hour and 45 minutes and the front half of the crowd never slowed down, shouting out the choruses, hands in the air, having a great time. I was ready to be surprised, but my expectations were exceeded. This show was a rip-roaring burst of energy from start to finish, and the band played like they've been doing this for near 30 years, very tight, and all smiles. Every time I thought it was over, they launched into another song.

A friend who was at the show who has all of their albums told me the set was largely post-reunion era songs (2002-present), with a handful of old classics ("Hero of Asphalt") thrown in.

The whole event was spoken in Russian, from the announcer MC guy introducing the bands, the song lyrics, and all talking between songs, and 100% of the audience, except for me.

This was an expensive show but fun as hell and probably our only ever chance to see Aria in the U.S.