Home Set Lists Forums The Permanent Record Asshole Opinion

King Crimson -- Boston, MA -- September 15th, 2014
Overkill -- West Springfield, VA -- September 11th, 2014
ProgPower USA Kick-Off -- Atlanta, GA -- September 11th, 2014
ProgPower USA XV Day 2 -- Atlanta, GA -- September 13th, 2014
ProgPower USA XV Day 1 -- Atlanta, GA -- September 12th, 2014

  #951  
Old 06-05-2014, 02:46 PM
mankvill's Avatar
mankvill mankvill is offline
Pop Punk > Slipknot and Y&T
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Kansas
Posts: 21,827
Blog Entries: 19
In loose order:

1. Gridlink - Longhena
2. Coffinworm - IV.I.VIII
3. Triptykon - Melana Chasmata
4. Benighted - Carnivore Sublime
5. Vader - Tibi Et Igni
6. Dead Congregation - Promulgation of the Fall
7. Bast - Spectres
8. Behemoth - The Satanist
9. Thou - Heathens
10. Miasmal - Cursed Redeemer
__________________
09/14 - Citizen
09/17 - Mineral
09/18 - Clutch
09/19 - BMTH
09/20 - Fuzz and Fire 2
Reply With Quote
  #952  
Old 06-05-2014, 10:41 PM
jhdeity's Avatar
jhdeity jhdeity is offline
Headbanger
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Pasadena, MD
Posts: 3,107
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPF View Post
So I should take it that you do judge bands before you ever hear them?
Yeah I judged them at that moment, not their music. I also judged anyone who would buy that shirt. There was no question in my mind that anyone who would rock that shirt can play a mean World of Warcraft. hahaha

Funny thing is I checked them out when I got home and they hit the Clown Car trifects by naming their album Elvenlegions. Just so f'n dumb. The music was ok though, exactly what I expected, just not my taste.

Totally agree on the Atreyu comment also.
__________________
9/27 - Clutch
10/24 - Judas Priest & Steel Panther
Reply With Quote
  #953  
Old 06-05-2014, 10:50 PM
jhdeity's Avatar
jhdeity jhdeity is offline
Headbanger
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Pasadena, MD
Posts: 3,107
Quote:
Originally Posted by moobys37 View Post
TOP 10 SONGS OF 2014:

1. Lust For Youth - Armida


2. St. Vincent - Huey Newton


3. Swans - She Loves Us


4. Thantifaxath - Gasping In Darkness


5. Ben Frost - Venter


6. EMA - Satellites


7. Body Count - Talk Shit, Get Shot


8. Marissa Nadler - Desire


9. The Body/The Haxan Cloak - To Carry The Seeds of Death Within Me


10. Warpaint - Feeling Alright
I actually enjoyed that Body Count way more than I expected to
__________________
9/27 - Clutch
10/24 - Judas Priest & Steel Panther
Reply With Quote
  #954  
Old 06-06-2014, 04:50 AM
Spiner202's Avatar
Spiner202 Spiner202 is offline
Welcome To My Nightmare...
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Toronto
Posts: 1,115
Has anyone heard the new Tankard yet? The two songs they've released have been awesome: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NK6c58ZkJBo
__________________
9/6 - Crimson Shadows CD Release Party
10/10 - Sabaton/Amon Amarth (?)
10/17 - Satan
10/18 - King Diamond
Reply With Quote
  #955  
Old 06-06-2014, 06:23 AM
jhdeity's Avatar
jhdeity jhdeity is offline
Headbanger
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Pasadena, MD
Posts: 3,107
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiner202 View Post
Has anyone heard the new Tankard yet? The two songs they've released have been awesome: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NK6c58ZkJBo
That was great!
__________________
9/27 - Clutch
10/24 - Judas Priest & Steel Panther
Reply With Quote
  #956  
Old 06-07-2014, 12:42 PM
gmatts gmatts is offline
Bored
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Posts: 32
New Vader and Anathema this week really made 2014 worthwhile for me for music. Add in the new Triptyikon, Alcest and Behemoth and I'm in a good place. Exmortus, Ifing and Chevelle were solid too. Good year for music in my opinion. Deafheaven and Pallbearer on Monday in Philly.
Reply With Quote
  #957  
Old 06-07-2014, 05:09 PM
adamclark52's Avatar
adamclark52 adamclark52 is offline
You can't save me any more than you can save yourself, so stop fucking trying
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Keswick, Ontario
Posts: 4,492
The new Misery Index is pretty solid. The only downside is it peaks really early with the first five songs then plods along. The first five by themselves would have made for an incredible EP. But a good album none-the-less.
__________________
09/19 - Deafheaven
10/18 - King Diamond
10/24 - Pallbearer
11/01 - Suffocation
11/30 - Devin Townsend
12/06 -DistantWorlds:theMusicofFinalFantasy
Reply With Quote
  #958  
Old 06-07-2014, 09:11 PM
jhdeity's Avatar
jhdeity jhdeity is offline
Headbanger
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Pasadena, MD
Posts: 3,107
Quote:
Originally Posted by adamclark52 View Post
The new Misery Index is pretty solid. The only downside is it peaks really early with the first five songs then plods along. The first five by themselves would have made for an incredible EP. But a good album none-the-less.
This. Hoping the 2nd half grows on me a little bit
__________________
9/27 - Clutch
10/24 - Judas Priest & Steel Panther
Reply With Quote
  #959  
Old 06-08-2014, 01:29 PM
illuminatus917's Avatar
illuminatus917 illuminatus917 is offline
Hagbard Celine, H.M., S.H.
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: the mountains, NC
Posts: 3,041
Blog Entries: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by mankvill View Post
1. Gridlink - Longhena
2. Coffinworm - IV.I.VIII
3. Triptykon - Melana Chasmata
__________________
Never whistle while you're pissing.
Reply With Quote
  #960  
Old 06-08-2014, 01:37 PM
TheWildAndTheYoung's Avatar
TheWildAndTheYoung TheWildAndTheYoung is online now
I'm Young, I'm Wild, And I'm Free
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 2,201
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhdeity View Post
Yeah I judged them at that moment, not their music. I also judged anyone who would buy that shirt. There was no question in my mind that anyone who would rock that shirt can play a mean World of Warcraft. hahaha

Funny thing is I checked them out when I got home and they hit the Clown Car trifects by naming their album Elvenlegions. Just so f'n dumb. The music was ok though, exactly what I expected, just not my taste.

Totally agree on the Atreyu comment also.
Last I checked the album was called The Pagan Manifesto....
__________________
8/16 - Motley Crue/Alice Cooper
9/27 - Styx
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 12:32 PM.


Blah Blah Blah Copyright WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM 2008