Home Set Lists Forums The Permanent Record Asshole Opinion

Nightwish -- Tempe, AZ -- May 2nd, 2015
Spock's Beard -- Montreal, Quebec -- April 29th, 2015
Testament -- Silver Spring, MD -- April 28th, 2015
Solstafir -- Kansas City, MO -- May 4th, 2015
Silent Planet -- Toledo, OH -- May 3rd, 2015

  #591  
Old 04-04-2014, 02:50 PM
mastodon421's Avatar
mastodon421 mastodon421 is offline
Not popular in Buffalo
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Swampscott,Massachusetts
Posts: 7,141
Quote:
Originally Posted by XDoomsayerX View Post
Neck Deep is where good pop punk is at homies!
I agree, Wishful Thinking is a pretty dope record.
__________________
5/17 MastoClutch
6/9 Lana Del Rey
6/10 Juicy J
6/18 Dillinger
8/4 Slipknot/LOG



http://maitlandsmadness.blogspot.com/
Reply With Quote
  #592  
Old 04-05-2014, 01:56 PM
Spiner202's Avatar
Spiner202 Spiner202 is offline
Welcome To My Nightmare...
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Toronto
Posts: 1,373
Picked up a few new records today:

Sonata Arctica - The music is ok, but they do a lot of dumb things to mess it up (terrible lyrics, weird voiceovers, etc)

Lost Society - Wicked stuff. Almost as good as the first one.

Primal Fear - Really killer album. These guys just write catchy song after catchy song.
__________________
5/3 - Dragonforce
5/16 - Cauldron
5/23 - Axxion, Night Demon
5/28 - Sepultura, Destruction
6/20 - Bolt Thrower, Razor
Reply With Quote
  #593  
Old 04-05-2014, 02:11 PM
TheWildAndTheYoung's Avatar
TheWildAndTheYoung TheWildAndTheYoung is offline
I'm Young, I'm Wild, And I'm Free
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 2,445
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiner202 View Post
Picked up a few new records today:

Sonata Arctica - The music is ok, but they do a lot of dumb things to mess it up (terrible lyrics, weird voiceovers, etc)

Lost Society - Wicked stuff. Almost as good as the first one.

Primal Fear - Really killer album. These guys just write catchy song after catchy song.
I thought this album was kinda weak tbh, though I've never been a huge fan of them anyway, it's definitely not one of their better records.
__________________
8/16 - Motley Crue/Alice Cooper
9/27 - Styx
Reply With Quote
  #594  
Old 04-05-2014, 02:15 PM
Spiner202's Avatar
Spiner202 Spiner202 is offline
Welcome To My Nightmare...
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Toronto
Posts: 1,373
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWildAndTheYoung View Post
I thought this album was kinda weak tbh, though I've never been a huge fan of them anyway, it's definitely not one of their better records.
I've only heard four of their records: Primal Fear, Black Sun, Unbreakable, and Delivering the Black and the latter two have been the best for me. The songs are more in the heavy/power vein than straight ahead power metal, but I find them catchier. I know I'm still missing a few classic Primal Fear records, but their earlier stuff doesn't do a lot for me at the moment.
__________________
5/3 - Dragonforce
5/16 - Cauldron
5/23 - Axxion, Night Demon
5/28 - Sepultura, Destruction
6/20 - Bolt Thrower, Razor
Reply With Quote
  #595  
Old 04-05-2014, 02:22 PM
elturtleboy's Avatar
elturtleboy elturtleboy is offline
Kvlt,Grim,Frostbitten,and Grindage
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: California/LA
Posts: 3,541
So far
LP
1. Gridlink - Longhena
2. Nausea - Condemn To the System
3. Morfin - Inoculation
3. Ringworm - Hammer Of The Witch
4.OFF! - Wasted Years
5. Exmortus- Slave To The Sword
6. Sockweb - Werewolf


EP
Cave State - S/t
Iron Reagan - Spoiled Identity
Dangers - Five O" Clock Shadow

Check em if you havnt. Especially Morfin for your classic DM needs and Cave State for angry Powerviolence..
__________________
5/20Incantation
5/21Devourment/Skinless/MobbDeep
5/22LockUp/NapalmDeath/Obituary
5/23Sodom/AgoraphobicNosebleed/Tsjuder
5/24Demilich/DRI/Portal
Reply With Quote
  #596  
Old 04-05-2014, 02:47 PM
TheWildAndTheYoung's Avatar
TheWildAndTheYoung TheWildAndTheYoung is offline
I'm Young, I'm Wild, And I'm Free
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 2,445
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiner202 View Post
I've only heard four of their records: Primal Fear, Black Sun, Unbreakable, and Delivering the Black and the latter two have been the best for me. The songs are more in the heavy/power vein than straight ahead power metal, but I find them catchier. I know I'm still missing a few classic Primal Fear records, but their earlier stuff doesn't do a lot for me at the moment.
Seven Seals and New Religion are really the only records I've liked as a whole, so definitely check them out.
__________________
8/16 - Motley Crue/Alice Cooper
9/27 - Styx
Reply With Quote
  #597  
Old 04-06-2014, 10:27 AM
ravenheart's Avatar
ravenheart ravenheart is offline
Meanwhile, behind the facade of this innocent looking bookstore...
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: England
Posts: 19,560
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWildAndTheYoung View Post
I thought this album was kinda weak tbh, though I've never been a huge fan of them anyway, it's definitely not one of their better records.
Actually, it is. It's their best since Seven Seals by a mile.

My favourites are still Seven Seals and Devil's Ground, although everything before Devil's Ground still contains many of their best songs.
__________________
www.jukeboxmetal.com
http://jukeboxmetal.blogspot.com

8/5 Blaze Bayley
18/5 Flotsam And Jetsam
25/5 Gov't Mule
29/5 Dylan Moran
Reply With Quote
  #598  
Old 04-06-2014, 04:12 PM
MPF's Avatar
MPF MPF is online now
That Guy
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Soon To Be In Minnesota
Posts: 9,729
The new Triptykon is fucking magical. So damn good. One of the best albums of the year.

I'm also currently checking out a new discovery out of Finland called Crib45. Very heavy and Sludgy Doom Metal, but also very diverse. Very killer stuff!
__________________
That Drummer Guy's Reviews, Interviews, Playlists, Radio Shows, & Social Media:
http://www.thatdrummerguy.com
Reply With Quote
  #599  
Old 04-06-2014, 04:51 PM
TheWildAndTheYoung's Avatar
TheWildAndTheYoung TheWildAndTheYoung is offline
I'm Young, I'm Wild, And I'm Free
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 2,445
Quote:
Originally Posted by ravenheart View Post
Actually, it is. It's their best since Seven Seals by a mile.

My favourites are still Seven Seals and Devil's Ground, although everything before Devil's Ground still contains many of their best songs.
After going back and listening to it again, I like it more than my first go through, maybe it's just one of those types of albums that gets better with more listens. "One Night In December" and "When Death Comes Knocking" are two in particular that I am liking.
__________________
8/16 - Motley Crue/Alice Cooper
9/27 - Styx

Last edited by TheWildAndTheYoung; 04-06-2014 at 05:01 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #600  
Old 04-06-2014, 05:38 PM
Spiner202's Avatar
Spiner202 Spiner202 is offline
Welcome To My Nightmare...
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Toronto
Posts: 1,373
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWildAndTheYoung View Post
After going back and listening to it again, I like it more than my first go through, maybe it's just one of those types of albums that gets better with more listens. "One Night In December" and "When Death Comes Knocking" are two in particular that I am liking.
These two are probably my favourites. I really like when Primal Fear does more mid-paced/slower epic songs. It's the same reason why "Where Angels Die" is my favourite from Unbreakable.
__________________
5/3 - Dragonforce
5/16 - Cauldron
5/23 - Axxion, Night Demon
5/28 - Sepultura, Destruction
6/20 - Bolt Thrower, Razor
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 11:26 AM.


Blah Blah Blah Copyright WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM 2008