Home Set Lists Forums The Permanent Record Asshole Opinion

Bryan Adams -- Alpharetta, GA, -- April 17th. 2015
AC/DC -- Indio, CA --April 17th, 2015
Anathema -- Dublin, Ireland -- April 17th, 2015
Between the Buried and Me -- Worcester, MA -- April 17th, 2015
The Color Morale -- Detroit, MI -- April 16th, 2015

  #1181  
Old 07-10-2014, 12:20 PM
moobys37's Avatar
moobys37 moobys37 is offline
All of my life, I've been waiting for you...
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: New York City, New York
Posts: 1,421
I honestly don't get the hype on the Goatwhore record. To me it's pretty much what they've been doing for years now. That kind of style isn't really my thing besides Abigail so is it just refined or am I missing something?
__________________
Melody's Echo Chamber: 5/12
FNM: 5/13
The Haxan Cloak: 5/15
The Body: 5/16
Ufomammut: 5/19
Chastity Belt: 5/22
Follakzoid: 5/23
Portal: 5/27
Reply With Quote
  #1182  
Old 07-10-2014, 12:26 PM
mankvill's Avatar
mankvill mankvill is offline
Pop Punk > Slipknot and Y&T
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Kansas
Posts: 22,933
Blog Entries: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by moobys37 View Post
I honestly don't get the hype on the Goatwhore record. To me it's pretty much what they've been doing for years now. That kind of style isn't really my thing besides Abigail so is it just refined or am I missing something?
There's really only two tracks on there that are the kind of speed metal/black n roll thing, the rest is just really good at a style that Goatwhore has always done great.
__________________
2/19 - 1349
2/26 - Nappy Dappy
3/8 - Title Fight
3/17 - New Found Glory
4/7 - Weedeater
Reply With Quote
  #1183  
Old 07-10-2014, 12:38 PM
moobys37's Avatar
moobys37 moobys37 is offline
All of my life, I've been waiting for you...
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: New York City, New York
Posts: 1,421
Quote:
Originally Posted by mankvill View Post
There's really only two tracks on there that are the kind of speed metal/black n roll thing, the rest is just really good at a style that Goatwhore has always done great.
Ah that's kind of disappointing I think they're at their best when they're going for a thrashy black metal thing than the sludgy stuff.
__________________
Melody's Echo Chamber: 5/12
FNM: 5/13
The Haxan Cloak: 5/15
The Body: 5/16
Ufomammut: 5/19
Chastity Belt: 5/22
Follakzoid: 5/23
Portal: 5/27
Reply With Quote
  #1184  
Old 07-10-2014, 01:09 PM
mankvill's Avatar
mankvill mankvill is offline
Pop Punk > Slipknot and Y&T
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Kansas
Posts: 22,933
Blog Entries: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by moobys37 View Post
Ah that's kind of disappointing I think they're at their best when they're going for a thrashy black metal thing than the sludgy stuff.
Nah there's no sludgey stuff here at all. Actually, have they ever really done anything other than pedal-to-the-metal black/death metal?
__________________
2/19 - 1349
2/26 - Nappy Dappy
3/8 - Title Fight
3/17 - New Found Glory
4/7 - Weedeater
Reply With Quote
  #1185  
Old 07-11-2014, 04:09 AM
Spiner202's Avatar
Spiner202 Spiner202 is offline
Welcome To My Nightmare...
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Toronto
Posts: 1,346
Finally got around to hearing the new Autopsy and it's pretty decent. Not quite as memorable as either of the last two, but there's some cool stuff on the second half of the album. I remember not really liking The Headless Ritual when it first came out, so maybe this will grow on me too.
__________________
4/24 - Skull Fist
5/3 - Dragonforce
5/16 - Cauldron
5/23 - Axxion, Night Demon
5/28 - Sepultura, Destruction
6/20 - Bolt Thrower
Reply With Quote
  #1186  
Old 07-11-2014, 04:24 AM
treghet's Avatar
treghet treghet is offline
Altars of Radness
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 6,015
I still haven't got around to the new Autopsy, let alone the previous album. The sample tracks from each of them were decent, but didn't grab my attention enough to give either album a full listen. I would be happy to see them live again though!
__________________
6.13 Nocturnal Blood / Volahn
10.9 Pseudogod
10.14 Bölzer
Reply With Quote
  #1187  
Old 07-11-2014, 04:45 AM
Spiner202's Avatar
Spiner202 Spiner202 is offline
Welcome To My Nightmare...
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Toronto
Posts: 1,346
Quote:
Originally Posted by treghet View Post
I still haven't got around to the new Autopsy, let alone the previous album. The sample tracks from each of them were decent, but didn't grab my attention enough to give either album a full listen. I would be happy to see them live again though!
Both of them are a huge step down from Macabre Eternal, but only because that record was so great. They sound pretty much like classic Autopsy, just not as good as the old stuff. Worth hearing if you can find it cheap though.
__________________
4/24 - Skull Fist
5/3 - Dragonforce
5/16 - Cauldron
5/23 - Axxion, Night Demon
5/28 - Sepultura, Destruction
6/20 - Bolt Thrower
Reply With Quote
  #1188  
Old 07-11-2014, 07:16 AM
Onioner Onioner is offline
One who onions things
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Everywhere, CA
Posts: 2,311
The new Goatwhore is so good, goddamn! Very stoked for Summer Slaughter now.
Reply With Quote
  #1189  
Old 07-11-2014, 07:27 AM
Datjazzfusion Datjazzfusion is offline
N00B
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 274
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiner202 View Post
Finally got around to hearing the new Autopsy and it's pretty decent. Not quite as memorable as either of the last two, but there's some cool stuff on the second half of the album. I remember not really liking The Headless Ritual when it first came out, so maybe this will grow on me too.
Macabre > Hacksaws > Headless
Reply With Quote
  #1190  
Old 07-11-2014, 07:40 AM
smearCampaign's Avatar
smearCampaign smearCampaign is offline
...the dead are among us!
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: michigan
Posts: 1,950
Quote:
Originally Posted by Datjazzfusion View Post
Macabre > Hacksaws > Headless
This. I think Hacksaws is pretty close to Macabre in terms of quality actually. Headless felt like Macabre b-sides.

I'd love to see Autopsy show up on MDF next year.
__________________
5/2 - Ogrefest
5/8 - Master / Solstice ?
5/18 - PHF / Shit Life / Girth
5/19 - Primitive Man / GutRot ?
6/17 - SOAD / Melvins
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 07:44 AM.


Blah Blah Blah Copyright WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM 2008