Home Set Lists Forums The Permanent Record Asshole Opinion

Fleetwood Mac -- Minneapolis, MN -- September 30th, 2014
The Story So Far -- Lawrence, KS -- September 30th, 2014
Coheed and Cambria -- Boston, MA -- September 28th, 2014
Vixen -- Madrid, Spain -- September 27th, 2014
Crowbar -- Vancouver, British Columbia -- September 28th, 2014

Old 06-12-2014, 11:16 AM
And now itís time to pull through. Something I must do with or without you.

New Death Grips is some weird stuff.
Tough Mudder-10/26
TGI/ETID-11/15
Old 06-12-2014, 01:19 PM
Some People Call Me The White Devil

Body Count is easily within my top 3 this year.
Old 06-12-2014, 02:45 PM
Headbanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by 300%_Density View Post
Haven't got to an order yet:

Iced Earth - good not great. Step down from the album before in my opinion.

Nashville Pussy - Really fun album, might be best album they've done in their career.

Lionize - Disappointed with this a lot. They had a good stoner/rock/reggae on their last album. This album just doesn't do it for me very much.

Ringworm - late to the Ringworm party. Just listened to this a couple weeks ago, never listened to them before. I love this. This will be in my top 10 by the end of the year.

Austrian Death Machine - I found it disappointing. Not much I liked but I really liked first 2.

Lacuna Coil - Shell of themselves from 10 years ago. I've given up.

BLS - Discussed this previously, I don't like it at all. I have more songs on Shot To Hell I liked more than this. Didn't like it at all. Might try it again and see if I like it more.

Triptykon - Easily in my top 10. Although didn't grow like the first album did for me. I think it's a shade harder to get into but still really great.

Fu Manchu - Another solid Fu Manchu album. Nothing mind blowing but nothing that's bad either.

Down - Haven't quite decided. I think it's better than the last EP. But the last EP wasn't super great. Kirk definitely made a good decision to focus completely on Crowbar.

Killer Be Killed - not quite what I was hoping for. This had promise. It seems like they decided to change the sound a little when they got Troy. I was hoping for more Nailbomb when I first heard about this. Maybe if there's another album it's different.

Mushroomhead - Well I loved them when I was 18. I wanted to try this for nostalgia purposes when I heard J Mann was back. Honestly, it was better than I thought. There's a few good songs. Best they've done in atleast 10 years. But not saying much. This seemed more focused than previous years.

Prong - Sigh. Well Carved Into Stone was one of the best Tommy did in years. I loved that album. This album has moments of great but other parts I don't like as much. It feels a little Rude Awakening to me which overall I wasn't a fan of. I think it'll still be top 10 but not as high as I hoped.

Crowbar - Good call Kirk. Not as great as the last album (which I loved) but it's one of the best I've heard this year. Miles better than Down.

Eyehategod - God I started wondering if I'd ever see a new EHG album. This was definitely worth the wait. It has that good mix of faster hardcore punk stuff from earlier albums to the more recent sludgier stuff. This would be my # 1 at the almost halfway point of the year.

Arch Enemy - Just like the last couple of AE releases, I didn't care for this much either. I don't even blame it on a new singer. The last few albums w/ Angela were dull too. The songwriting has just not been real good the last few releases. It seems like NA as a whole has really stopped paying much attention to AE lately. 10-12 years ago they seemed like a big deal here but as of late they have been relatively quiet in NA.

Body Count - I love this too as I posted last week. The songs are hilarious (I know most have heard the Institutionalized cover by now) & at the same time the music is great too. Not all metal has to be serious and this is a perfect example of an album that doesn't take itself seriously. It's a fun listen. If you can't crack a smile or laugh at any of this you might not be alive.

I plan on listening to the new Vader, Floor, the Godflesh EP, & I want to hear Tombs & Gridlink since those have gotten a lot of mentions on everyone's list.
Pretty much agree with everything you said. I actually like the Mushroomhead way more than I expected. The last cd had 2 songs I liked. Thsi one has 7-8. That's monumental improvement in all reality. The Prong has some plodding moments that really lose me but there are 3-4 songs I'd love to hear live on there. Jamming Chevelle now. I still think they're like commercial, radio friendly Tool to me and that's the best compliment you can ever give a band like that. Just dl'd Linkin Park because I saw a Page Hamilton colab on there. If it meets expectations I'd be shocked! hahaha
Old 06-12-2014, 07:24 PM
Hagbard Celine, H.M., S.H.

Thantifaxath's Sacred White Noise is
Old 06-12-2014, 07:29 PM
N00B

Quote:
Originally Posted by illuminatus917 View Post
Thantifaxath's Sacred White Noise is
Old 06-13-2014, 11:51 AM
And now itís time to pull through. Something I must do with or without you.

New Heart to Heart is dope as hell

Also dig Navy Blue acoustic tune by TSSF, the feels man.
Tough Mudder-10/26
TGI/ETID-11/15
Old 06-13-2014, 05:37 PM
When your grabbing ass with your friends...

Holy shit. I'm 4 songs in and I'm positive new Vader is making my top 10 easily. And more than likely top 5. Fucking killer.
Old 06-13-2014, 06:23 PM
Pop Punk > Slipknot and Y&T

Quote:
Holy shit. I'm 4 songs in and I'm positive new Vader is making my top 10 easily. And more than likely top 5. Fucking killer.
10/21 - Judas Priest
10/22 - Mastodong
Old 06-13-2014, 09:14 PM
Some People Call Me The White Devil

Quote:
Originally Posted by XDoomsayerX View Post
New Heart to Heart is dope as hell

Also dig Navy Blue acoustic tune by TSSF, the feels man.
I read that as "new Have Heart"

I wish Have Heart would get back together
Old 06-13-2014, 09:42 PM
Headbanger

Quote:
Wait until you hear song #5...