Queen -- Boston, MA -- July 22nd, 2014
Devourment -- Rochester, NY -- July 21st, 2014
Nine Inch Nails -- Morrison, CO -- July 21st, 2014

Old 11-24-2013, 03:41 PM
You can't save me any more than you can save yourself, so stop fucking trying

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPF View Post

19.) Jesu- Every Day I Get Closer to the Light From Which I Came

This is my first time checking these guys out and I gotta admit I do like what I hear. This album, while being a very shoegazing Post Metal album. Contains ome Electronic and Dub moments as well. Tt's a very dreamy, laid back album for the most part, while it does get heavy in a rollercoaster way, it's done in a way that any sub-pop fan could appreciate. If you want to be Metal and chill out at the same time, this is your album.
8/10
Check out their Silver EP, great stuff
10/18 -- King Diamond
11/01 -- Suffocation
Old 11-24-2013, 05:12 PM
Buahahahahaha

Bosnian Rainbows is better than the last two Volta albums. Also, Cedric has nothing to do with Bosnian Rainbows. At all. You're thinking Omar.
8/30 Whirr
10/30 KING DIAMOND
Old 11-24-2013, 05:16 PM
That Guy

I am recovering off Medical grade Heroin, I am bound to make a few fopas.
Old 11-24-2013, 06:03 PM
That Guy

21.) The Holy Guile- FSU

This is one of, if not the only, Deathcore album on this list. I actually love this album, because it is not meant to be taken seriously. If anything it is musicians poking fun at the genre and it's lyrics....but instead of sucking at their instruments, they are actually kicking ass. It's not often you'll find me praising a Deathcore album, but by gum this is one of them. It's a fun listen all the way through, although it does get a little tiresome if your ears want something different all the time. Give it at least one shot, it's fun for fun sake!

7/10

22.) The Reign Of Kindo- Play With Fire

I have been a fan of these guys way before Scale The Summit started singing their praises. Since the first album I am proud to say. Alternative Jazz Prog Rock. This stuff is so good, and each album gets better and better. Play With Fire is easily their best without question. Knocked it right out of the park once again. I know it's rare to find a non-metal or even Rock album on my list, but this is absolutely fantastic in every way, please check it out, they deserve all the praise they get.

9/10

23.) Hacride- Back to Where You've Never Been

Pretty cool Groove Metal with some Synth tracks. A good healthy mix of cleans and screams in this band, more cleans than anything with some screams as backup and partial lead. This is the kind of band that I wish was on mainstream radio instead of what plagues it now. But alas I can only control my radio show and not broadcast radio in full. Oh well, until then, check these guys out for yourself and enjoy!

7/10

24.) Danko Jones- Rock and Roll is Black And Blue

Well...the title of this album doesn't lie. The music is ok with particularly crap lyrics. Stay away if you have taste in music.

2/10

25.) Moving Mountains- S/T

A great Alternative Post Rock band with some Prog elements in the background. it's an energetic album but not in a Metal or really even a Rock way. Another great kick back and enjoy album. I have a soft side of music like this and it is gorgeous, maybe you'll dig it as well.

8/10

26.) Atma Weapon- Dark Tower

It's kinda hard to put my finger on this one. It's an epic record but at the same time it sounds like a Pop Rock album amongst all Alt Metal, hard Rock, Classic Rock and some Prog. Go into this one with an open mind, you may need it.

6/10

27.) Melt Banana- Fetch

I discovered these guys this year and all I can say is WOW. I am still on the fence if this is the worst or best thing to be discovered from Japan. Grindcore, Pop, with Yelping Female vocals. Definitely not for the faint of heart.

7/10

28.) Mystic Prophecy- Killhammer

Power Thrash Metal. I absolutely love this album. It really does combine the best of Power Metal and Thrash with cheesy lyrics and it is combined into one album. Let your chest hair grow out, draw your swords and be METAAAAAAAAL!!!

9.5/10

29.) Kinetik- Heavier Elements

Of the new era of Prog Metal you are lumped into three categories to those who really don't pay attention...Djent, Dream theater Rip Off, neither of those two. This band is a bit of both of the first two to put it in the dumbest way I can. there is the Djent involved, but it combines a lot of DT elements as well which adds for a very cool dynamic to the band. this is a really fun album to listen to for Prog fans who don't mind some screaming. The music more than makes up for it.

8/10

30.) Devourment- Conceived in Sewage

Brutal as hell Death Metal. This is an album that will pummel everything in it's path upon first listen. It's got some varying tempos so it doesn't feel like total destrution all the time, but overall if you need to get your Slam Moshing on, get this and MOSH!

8/10
Old 11-26-2013, 10:51 AM
Hunting High And Low

Quote:

3.) Fullforce- Next Level[/b]

Fullforce is a Power Metal/Hard Rock/80's Glam style band that definitely know their nitch. If Manowar and Kix formed a band that loved cheese and Whitesnake is the best way I can describe these guys. Definitely a great album if you are into that style. Nothing new by any stretch of the imagination, but just a fun album to enjoy in the background of any 80's coke party.

6/10
I checked this album out, and I totally agree with you.Definitely a power metal/glam metal mash up, a pretty fun album, though not one of the best new gen glam or power metal records.

Last edited by TheWildAndTheYoung; 11-27-2013 at 08:33 AM.
Old 11-27-2013, 05:19 AM
THIS IS LHHC!

Quote:
20.) Cancer Bats- Dead Set On Living[/b]

This album is half Chaotic Hardcore and Heavy Metal ruckus. The other half is pure Sabbath Worship with a total of 5 Sabbath songs in their other form, Bat Sabbath. Again, nothing groundbreaking here. Just a fan Metal album to Mosh to and chug a beer to. Enjoy in all it's pleasantries.
This came out last year, dude. The only thing that came out this year was the Sabbath covers EP. Also, you forgot to give it a rating.
8/15 Dr. Shrinker
8/16 KISS
8/23 Midnight ?
8/29 Sleep
Old 11-27-2013, 11:07 PM
Resident Slamologist.

Quote:
19.) Voivod- Target Earth
They just aren't doing it for me anymore. Ever since the Self Titled album, its been a downhil slide for Voivod in my eyes, and it's not their fault, when you lose a main songwriter in your band, you are bound to have some kind of a change. I just wish it wasn't for the worst.
Small typo here, actually this is Voivod's best album since Dimension Hatross.
Old 11-28-2013, 08:28 AM
That Guy

I apologize for the typos guys. I just got out of the Mayo Clinic yesterday and starting to do out-patient treatment starting tomorrow.

Once I get to feeling better I will be able to start doing this thread right. Until then, I'm trying.
Old 11-28-2013, 08:39 AM
N00B

Quote:
I apologize for the typos guys. I just got out of the Mayo Clinic yesterday and starting to do out-patient treatment starting tomorrow.

Once I get to feeling better I will be able to start doing this thread right. Until then, I'm trying.
Sorry about all the illnesses man. Be sure you take care of yourself.
And I loved last years thread because it reminded me of things I listened to and forgot about, Bands I never heard of, Albums I forgot were released, and albums I should avoid like the plague.
Old 11-28-2013, 08:42 AM
You can't save me any more than you can save yourself, so stop fucking trying

Quote:
Originally Posted by Datjazzfusion View Post
Sorry about all the illnesses man. Be sure you take care of yourself.
And I loved last years thread because it reminded me of things I listened to and forgot about, Bands I never heard of, Albums I forgot were released, and albums I should avoid like the plague.
Hey whatever happened to your list man? It was tits!
10/18 -- King Diamond
11/01 -- Suffocation