Neurosis -- Tucson, AZ -- October 18th, 2014
The Empty Hearts -- Cranston, RI -- October 19th, 2014
King Diamond -- Toronto, Ontario -- October 18th, 2014
Satan -- Toronto, Ontario -- October 17th, 2014

Old 12-30-2013, 09:15 PM
N00B

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPF View Post
I met all of them, but I Interviewed Jake and Morten, who are both hilarious.
That is awesome...
Old 01-01-2014, 10:22 AM
That Guy

27.) Scale The Summit- The Migration

Scale The Summit is the kind of band who only gets better and better. I didn't think there was a way that they would improve upon The Collective, but they did. It takes the best of The Collective, but adds positivity to it like Carving Desert Canyons. Fantastic Instrumental Progressive Metal that is not about wankery, all about creating beautiful music. STS, you've done it again!
Old 01-01-2014, 10:29 AM
That Guy

26.) Revocation- S/T

Just like Scale The Summit, I didn't think Revocation could get any better, and they proved me wrong once again. Revocation is a fantastic Thrash, Progressive Melodic Death Metal band. They are not afraid to add any genre of music to their sound, even if just for a couple measures to get their point across. This album is full of technical wizardry, superb songwriting and musicianship, and of course and overall Metal soundscapes that just kick your ass. Revocation is such an underrated band who should have been doing headlining tours for years now, maybe with the help of this album, they will get the recognition they deserve.
Old 01-01-2014, 10:36 AM
That Guy

25.) James LaBrie- Impermanent Resonance

James LaBrie has been discovering his Heavy roots for the last few albums now. Static Impulse arguably being the heaviest of them all. This time around he had the help of guitarist Peter Wichers on board as a songwriter. The songs are a perfect blend of Dream Theater meets Soilwork, the screams this time are at a minimum done by Peter Wildoer. It's a bit poppier as well focusing on more melodic landscapes, but that is perfectly fine, the album is just as heavy. it's a great representation of what James LaBrie brings to the table outside of Dream Theater.
Old 01-01-2014, 10:46 AM
That Guy

24.) Cloudkicker- Subsume

Cloudkicker has been putting out fantastic music for so long now, with every album being completely different than the next. This time around it is focusing on the heavier side of Post Rock and Prog Metal. While there is not many songs on the album, they are all quite long yet never gets boring. Each song constantly builds and builds then explodes in musicality. Cloudkicker can never do any wrong, it is always perfect from start to finish.
Old 01-01-2014, 10:52 AM
That Guy

23.) Shaded Enmity- Forsaken and Forgotten

An album completely out of left field for me. I had no idea about this album until I recieved the promo and I was completely blown away. Blackened Death Metal that is so damn Melodic. Warrel Dane of all people makes a guest appearance on this album as well on their single. This album again is as brutal as it is Melodic that it almost can bring you to tears. It is such a fantastic album that will go under the radar for so many people, please, Please, PLEASE check this album out if you want some of the best Blackened Death Metal you will ever, ever hear.
Old 01-01-2014, 11:01 AM
That Guy

22.) For The Imperium- Hail The Monsters

One of the most crazy, technical, yet poppy and melodic bands currently going. For The Imperium aren't afraid to go from Pop Rock, to Lamb Of God Style Metal to Doom Metal to Electronica all on the turn of a dime. The only way to describe this band is a band who is not afraid to play anything they want, whenever they want. While this sounds like a giant hodgepodge of music, it's not, it's all concise and makes sense. Just give it a spin and you will understand, this is a tour de force of music that only comes around once every so often, enjoy it while we have it.
Old 01-01-2014, 11:08 AM
That Guy

21.) Killswitch Engage- Disarm The Descent

I will always credit KSE as being one of the first Non-Metallica Metal bands to get me into Metal, Alive Or Just Breathing, and The End OF Heartache changed my life. I always gravitated towards AOJB more because I love Jesse's voice and I love the songwriting that comes with his style. This album goes far and beyond what I ever thought the band was capable of. The songs are either brutal as hell or the right kind of Mainstream Rock, all killer, no filler. The fact the album starts off with Blasts is a great showcase for what the band is all about on this album. Now if only they can keep up this momentum for the next album cycle.
Old 01-01-2014, 11:26 AM
The cameras are whores for the daily bloodshed.

Love the diversity. Reminds me, I forgot about the new Revocation. Good to hear it was solid.

11/03-Suffocation, Kataklysm (?)
11/25-Slayer (?)
Old 01-02-2014, 09:22 AM
That Guy

20.) Haken- The Mountain

Prog Rock done right. This is what Prog fans have been wanting for so very long, a band that is Prog that doesn't sound like a complete Dream Theater Clone and brings something new to the table. With their third album, they have reached the top of their game so far. It's a bit quirky at times, sometimes very Zappa-ish, but overall very original and breathing new life into a genre that desperately needs it. Check this one out for refreshing Prog Rock.