Dying Fetus -- Merriam, KS -- July 12th, 2014
Phobia -- Tempe, AZ -- July 11th, 2014
Collective Soul -- Woodhaven, MI -- July 11th, 2014
Warped Tour -- Mansfield, MA -- July 10th, 2014
Metallica -- Warsaw, Poland -- July 11th, 2014

Old 11-10-2013, 04:57 PM
I like the way the line runs up the back of the stocking

Lamb of God -- Oakland, CA -- November 9th, 2013

Arrived after Huntress due to the beast known as East Bay traffic. Just in time for Testament, who had a pretty cool stage setup, more than you would expect for a supporting act at a usual theater show (ahem fuckyouslayer). I haven't been much of a Testament fan but this show put me... over the wall. Alex is a killer guitar player to see up close, and I've always been a fanboy of Gene Hoglan. Lame that they're third on the bill and they didn't really play anything outside the norm.

It's been a while since I've had to watch an entire set from a band that I actively despise. Going into it, I was pretty open minded and figured there might be something positive to take away from the KSE set, but holy shit their music obnoxious. They've got the sound and the performance down, and I might be hypocritical about it because of the style of their music, but it's so fucking exploitative it's not even funny. Constant breakdowns, the cookie cutter melodic guitar parts and vocals. I remembered what it felt like to be forced fed shitty music in high school. Adam Dwhatever is so annoying to watch and to top it off at the end of the set he went on an "I'm so drunk bro" rant. The positive takeaway for me was that he wore a horse mask during the last song, which isn't totally played out on the internet or anything...

All the pent up bro rage made Lamb of God a lot more enjoyable. Solid performance backed up by smoke guns and screens that switched between band close ups and footage of shit blowing up. Once again, a lot more than what you expect at this kind of gig (SLAAAYERRR). Chris Adler is a bad mother on the drums and manages to stick to the opposite end of the jerkoff spectrum as Yngwie Malmsteen. I was only disappointed that it looks like we got one less song from Palaces than the previous shows.

Overall, pretty good show, and good to run into some people I hadn't seen in a while, including getting crowdsurfed over by a friend we didn't know was there . Catch it if you still have the chance.

Testament
Rise Up
More Than Meets the Eye
The Preacher
Native Blood
Into the Pit
The New Order
Disciples of the Watch
Over the Wall

Lamb of God
Desolation
Ghost Walking
Walk With Me In Hell
Set To Fail
The Undertow
Now You've Got Something To Die For
Omerta
Laid To Rest
Ruin
11th Hour
Vigil
Redneck
Black Label

Last edited by TonyD; 11-10-2013 at 05:04 PM.
Old 11-10-2013, 07:59 PM
N00B

Why are people on here suddenly demanding a fancy stage show from Slayer?

Unless you count fake blood falling from the ceiling during one tour as a fancy stage show, Slayer (thankfully) doesn't do that kind of shit.
Old 11-10-2013, 10:22 PM
N00B

Seeing this on Saturday, can't wait. Mainly going for Testament but I'm sure Lamb of God will be cool too. I've never listened to much KSE so I'm pretty indifferent towards them. Will probably hit up the merch booth during their set.

Tags
lamb of god, testament