Skulls
London Dungeon
Astro Zombies
Last Caress
Soul on Fire
Mother

Do You Wear the Mark
Die, Die My Darling

Another great show from Danzig. For a guy pushing 60 he still brings the energy on stage and his voice sounded good even though many have claimed in recent years he's lost his voice. The last two times I've seen him have given no indication that he's losing his voice to the extent some like to say he is. I'm not a Misfits fan so I may have gotten some songs wrong. I was just going by what songs setlist fm has listed him doing for most of these shows. The Misfits songs really brought the energy of the crowd up and the pit going. Doyle is a really big dude and in great shape and has a real presence on the stage. Unfortunately, that's really all he has. He just walked around the stage and pointlessly strummed his guitar most of the time. Danzig's guitar player look like he was handling the bulk of the guitar work on the Misfit tunes. Still, it was a very good show and it was awesome to hear Am I Demon, Tired Of Being Alive, Blood & Tears, Dirty Black Summer, Gods Kill, Soul On Fire and Do You Wear The Mark. There was a pretty good turnout for the show and the crowd was into everything Danzig played.

I just recently got into A Pale Horse Named Death so the set might not be exact. I'm sure there was another song they played but I forgot what it was. They were pretty good and it took the crowd a few songs but by the end they were into it. Texas Hippie Coalition was better than I expected and they got a really good response from the crowd and no doubt earned some new fans with their performance. I'm not too familiar with them except for a few songs I've heard on youtube, so I don't know the set for sure.

Butcher Babies were awful and quite and ordeal to get through. If these two chicks weren't hot the band would have nothing going for them at all. I checked out a couple of their songs before the show and thought they were decent but nothing special. They come across terrible live. Their sound just doesn't work in a live setting. For the last 3 or 4 songs there were people actually booing them and wanting them to get off stage. You don't hear that too often at concerts. So it really gives you an idea of how horrible they were.

Just like last time I saw Danzig in 2010, taking pics and videos with your phone was not allowed. I'm fine with that since I hate when people throw their phones up every 12 seconds to get a pic instead of watching the show. It gives the concert an old school feel and people were watching the performance instead of messing around with their phones all night and I love that about Danzig's shows.
Old 10-18-2013, 02:04 PM
When your grabbing ass with your friends...

I love Danzig, I've seen Danzig on Blackest tour 5 years ago. Its still shitty that phones/cameras are not allowed in over a stupid incident that happened several years ago. He needs to get over himself as far as the phone/camera policy.
Old 10-18-2013, 02:31 PM
Concert Veteran

I actually don't even recall what happened that caused Danzig to ban phones at his show in the first place.
Old 10-18-2013, 02:59 PM
N00B

Its funny because I took a video of a song at the show last week. I forgot he did not allow people to do that. LOL
Outkast
Machine Head
Motley Crue/Alice Cooper
Old 10-18-2013, 07:54 PM
When your grabbing ass with your friends...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanitarium78 View Post
I actually don't even recall what happened that caused Danzig to ban phones at his show in the first place.
It's from that whole Danzig getting punched out by some no name dude. Atleast since that happened they haven't been allowed.
Old 10-18-2013, 08:44 PM
N00B

Allegedly Danzig got tough, and then paid for it. Watch for yourself, I wasn't there.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zfD7agP1yxw
Old 10-20-2013, 08:25 AM
Pass the steak sauce

Damn was this a good show! I thought the sound of both Danzig's vocals and the band was great. I was very disappointed he dropped Devil's Plaything for Tired of Being Alive, though. I was really wanting to hear DP but I still do love TOBA. Other than that, I can't find one complaint. Hearing those Misfits songs with Doyle was simply orgasmic. I think the selection of Misfits songs were overall better when I saw them do this in 2005, but still this was history and I feel lucky as hell for getting to see Danzig/Doyle again. Also, London Dungeon sounded heavy as hell live! It's not one of my favorite Misfits songs but live it came off great. It's a shame that Jerry Only's version of the Misfits have gone so far downhill because this version blows them out of the water live. Nothing beats hearing Danzig sing those old songs, especially with Doyle!
8/31 - Cre/Cooper
10/18 - Immolation/Nunslaughter
Old 10-22-2013, 05:22 PM
Concert Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by HackedUpForBBQ View Post
Damn was this a good show! I thought the sound of both Danzig's vocals and the band was great. I was very disappointed he dropped Devil's Plaything for Tired of Being Alive, though. I was really wanting to hear DP but I still do love TOBA.
Damn, the show was so good I completely forgot about him dropping Devil's Plaything. It didn't even occur to me at the show it was missing when he didn't do it in the usual spot he's been playing it in this year. At least Tired Of Being Alive was a worthy replacement for it. I would've loved to hear Devil's Plaything to.

Tags
a pale horse named death, danzig