Despised Icon -- Worcester, MA -- December 21st, 2014
Cormorant -- San Francisco, CA -- December 20th, 2014
Opeth -- Toronto, Ontario -- December 21st, 2014
It Lies Within -- Flint, MI -- December 21st, 2014

Go Back   WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM > Community Forums > Set Lists and Gig Reports

Old 11-17-2014, 12:37 AM
One who onions things

Judas Priest -- San Jose, CA -- November 16th, 2014

Fantastic show, easily the best I've seen Priest. I brought my dad with me because I don't hang out with my folks as much as I should, and my dad rules and I wanted to enjoy metal with him. I spotted Tony before Steel Panther went on- I tried to wave to you man, but I guess to you didn't see me! I did get to say hello to a few buddies, which is always fun. Normally I enjoy Steel Panther a lot, but they really seemed out of place at this show. Mixing comedy and a serious act just didn't work at this show. Still, they performed well as always and the crowd loved them, but I just wasn't feeling them tonight for whatever reason.

01. Pussywhipped
02. Party Like Tomorrow Is the End of the World
03. Asian Hooker
04. Just Like Tiger Woods
05. Community Property
06. Eyes of a Panther
07. 17 Girls in a Row
08. Gloryhole
09. Party All Day (Fuck All Night)
10. Death to All but Metal

As I said above, Priest were on fire. Rob sounded strained in the middle of the set, but he pulled out some ridiculous screams after Victim of Changes. There was almost no fat in the show, just the WHOAYEAH part before You've Got Another Thing Comin' and Richie's extended solo. Because of that, the show actually felt really long even though it was "only" 95 minutes or so. To be honest, the set was really well paced and it flowed phenomenally. A set that short shouldn't have been that awesome, but it was. Love Bites and Jawbreaker sounded amazing, and Richie destroyed on Halls of Valhalla. Scott added the disco beat to March of the Damned and Rob did this percussive growling thing, which made the similarities to Metal Gods extra-apparent. Also, a surprising amount of people were singing along to Devil's Child, which was pretty interesting. The band sort of left the stage after Hell Bent for Leather, but not really. I personally wouldn't call it an encore break. The house lights were left up for Living After Midnight and Defenders of the Faith, which I actually kind of liked.

01. Dragonaut
02. Metal Gods
03. Devil's Child
04. Victim of Changes
05. Halls of Valhalla
06. Love Bites
07. March of the Damned
08. Turbo Lover
09. Redeemer of Souls
10. Beyond the Realms of Death
11. Jawbreaker
12. Breaking the Law
13. Hell Bent for Leather
14. You've Got Another Thing Comin'
15. Living After Midnight
16. Defenders of the Faith

No real post-show story other than saying bye to a few friends and having a nice drive home with my dad. Thus concludes my weekend o' Priest.
Satan/Slough Feg - 10/25
King Diamond - 8/31
Judas Priest - 11/16
Old 11-17-2014, 07:52 AM
N00B

I was also at the show last night. Excellent performance by both bands.

Steel Panther are pretty funny, but I think if they cut down on the banter just a little they could squeeze in two more songs. Satchel rips.

Priest was off the hook. One of the best performances I've seen from them. All the Defenders songs were amazing. So glad I finally got to hear Jawbreaker live. Richie Faulkner is the man. The dude just shredded all night. They are lucky they found him.

Oh, the City Nation Civic was a great venue. The sound was perfect and it was nice having the floor general admission.
Old 11-17-2014, 02:28 PM
I like the way the line runs up the back of the stocking

I looked around real quick but sorry I missed you, you were in the lower level seats right?
Old 11-18-2014, 10:37 AM
One who onions things

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyD View Post
I looked around real quick but sorry I missed you, you were in the lower level seats right?
Yeah I was at first, but I moved to the left side floor during Steel Panther. The seats were nowhere near high enough to see over the crowd and the sides were a massive bass trap.
Satan/Slough Feg - 10/25
King Diamond - 8/31
Judas Priest - 11/16

Tags
judas priest, steel panther