Otherwise -- Sturtevant, WI -- September 19th, 2014
Eluveitie -- Baltimore, MD -- September 19th, 2014

Old 10-13-2013, 03:00 PM
Cowboy From Hell

Deftones -- St. Louis, MO -- October 11th, 2013

Hail To The King tour featuring Avenged Sevenfold, Deftones and Ghost
Verizon Wireless Amphitheater, Maryland Heights (St. Louis), MO
October 11th, 2013

I went to this show for Ghost and Deftones.

Ghost started the show off. Most of the fans in attendance looked a bit freaked out (remember, lots of girls at this show who probably had never even heard of the band). Others sang along and were familiar with the band. I thought the band sounded ok. The bass drum was too high in the mix and could have been turned down a bit. Some friends in the seats said the band sounded great. They sounded good in the pit area but not great. This was my 2nd time seeing Ghost and once again I was pleased but I enjoyed them more on the Mastopeth tour. I think they sound better in a club. The band received more applause and cheering after each song they played.

Infestissumam
Per Aspera ad Inferi
Con Clavi Con Dio
Stand by Him
Year Zero
Ritual
Monstrance Clock

Deftones came out with a different back drop. Not sure what happened to the one with the horse one it but it was definitely better than the one they used for this concert. The first 2 songs sounded a bit muddy. After that the band sounded ok from the pit area. It wasn't the best they have sounded out of the 6 times I have seen them but the sound was ok from where I was at. Chino was full of energy as usual - running around like a maniac and jumping off of monitors and drum risers.

Diamond Eyes
Rocket Skates
Be Quiet and Drive (Far Away)
My Own Summer (Shove It)
Rosemary
Poltergeist
Tempest
Swerve City
Change (In the House of Flies)
Engine No. 9
7 Words

I stayed and watched 6 of the A7X songs but I'm not familiar with the titles enough to know them all by name. A7X sounded great - really good. Their stage production was very cool for a band at their level of popularity. Lots of Pyro, video screens positioned into the castle windows and the 'King' from Hail to the King was reminiscent of Eddie from Iron Maiden when the prop appeared behind the drums. I was surprised at how good A7X sounded and at their stage production. I'm not a fan but I give them credit where it is due.

Ghost - 8.0 out of 10
Deftones - 7.5 out of 10
A7X - 9.0 out of 10

Last edited by WOLVERINEKILLS; 10-13-2013 at 03:13 PM.
Old 10-13-2013, 09:17 PM
Professor Nutbutter

I was in the middle of the upper section seats and Ghost sounded fantastic. also agree that with each song the band got more applause and that sone were a little freaked out. I left after Ghost and ran across town to the Pageant for Bullet headlining. Had a great night, plus the Cardinals won for the trifecta.

Tags
avenged sevenfold, deftones, ghost