Unearth -- Pontiac, MI -- April 17th, 2014
Wayne Static -- Birmingham, AL -- April 17th, 2014
Ghost -- Toronto, Ontario -- April 17th, 2014
Rainbow Bar & Grill 42nd Anniversary -- West Hollywood, CA -- April 13th, 2014

Old 10-25-2013, 12:21 PM
PAAAAAAANTURRRUUUHHHHHH!! !!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanitarium78 View Post
Not really. If those people died from the mysterious illness then one of the best ways to prevent it from spreading, even after they die, is to burn the bodies to a crisp. Whoever did it, didn't do a good enough job since the bodies weren't burnt to ashes.
I meant "odd" as in "surprising" and "unexpected", at least for me.

- Funeral Age
facebook.com/funeralageofficial
funeralage.bandcamp.com
Old 10-30-2013, 11:54 AM
PAAAAAAANTURRRUUUHHHHHH!! !!!!

SPOILER FOR THOSE WHO MISSED SUNDAYS EPISODE

So yeah, Carol was the "burner", shocking, but at the same time not too surprising since she has been acting out a bit more than in the past. I guess there is a rumor that she just admitted to it as a cover up for someone else. The bloody hand print on the door seemed pretty low.... I BET IT WAS JUDITH!!!!!

- Funeral Age
facebook.com/funeralageofficial
funeralage.bandcamp.com
Old 10-30-2013, 02:05 PM
Hagbard Celine, H.M., S.H.

Maybe Carol is the Carl of season 4.
Old 11-03-2013, 07:02 PM
If there's a God then why has he let me go?

Quote:
Originally Posted by illuminatus917 View Post
Maybe Carol is the Carl of season 4.
Seems doubtful now
6/15 Eyehategod(?)
6/19 Agalloch
6/22 Deafheaven
7/4 Mötley Crüe
11/12 Mötley Crüe(?)
Old 11-03-2013, 07:23 PM
Bring Me The Horizon > Opeth

04/24 - Iron Reagan
05/13 - SLAYER
Old 11-05-2013, 06:34 AM
Concert Veteran

I liked this weeks episode but it also showcased a major flaw that the show has which has bothered me since season 2. Once a supporting character has their big breakout moment and shows signs of development, they kill them off or in Carol's case write them out of the show.

Shane, Dale, Merle, Andrea and T-Dog were all killed off once their characters started becoming interesting. Not so much with T-Dog, but before he died last season they made it look like he was going to have a bigger role. I don't understand why they do this? It's still a good show but it would be more entertaining if they kept a few of these characters around after they finally started to standout on their own.

Last edited by Sanitarium78; 11-05-2013 at 08:45 AM.
Old 11-05-2013, 07:09 AM
N00B

Quote:
I liked this weeks episode but it also showcased a major flaw that the show has which has bothered me since season 2. Once a supporting character has their big breakout moment and shows signs of development, they kill them off or in Carol's case write them out of the show.

Shane, Dale, Meryl, Andrea and T-Dog were all killed off once their characters started becoming interesting. Not so much with T-Dog, but before he died last season they made it look like he was going to have a bigger role. I don't understand why they do this? It's still a good show but it would be more entertaining if they kept a few of these characters around after they finally started to standout on their own.
I always think as soon as a someone starts getting more screen/character development time they will be killed within a few episodes. I am not really sure what the writers motivation is to do this.

*season 2 spoilers below*

However in regards to Shane I feel he was actually one of the best developed characters on the show. His story arc was completed as it led to an inevitable confrontation with Rick that only one of them could walk away from. He lasted much longer than Shane did in the comic as well.
04/24 - Nile
Old 11-05-2013, 08:21 AM

Quote:

Shane, Dale, Meryl, Andrea and T-Dog were all killed off once their characters started becoming interesting. Not so much with T-Dog, but before he died last season they made it look like he was going to have a bigger role. I don't understand why they do this? It's still a good show but it would be more entertaining if they kept a few of these characters around after they finally started to standout on their own.
Shane's death was like Sophia's: the plot which it served was greater than the character itself. I have no problem with this, even though I would rather Shane still be on the show (he was the most interesting character next to Dale, and as the above poster mentioned, one of the most developed). If a death is necessary to strengthen the plot, fine.

The writers can't be blamed for Dale's being killed off because Jeffrey DeMunn walked away from the show after Frank Darabont was fired.

Merle, couldn't agree more.

Andrea, couldn't agree more.

T-dog, couldn't agree more. He was acting less clumsy, too, when they first rampaged through the prison, and was really contributing to the group's survival. He was part of that "formation."

I'll see what I think about the Carol situation after I catch up with the series. It does seem like there's a pattern here.
Old 11-05-2013, 08:44 AM
Concert Veteran

I'll agree that Shane's death came along at the right time. His death is really the only major one that was done for a good reason. Still, that doesn't take away from the fact he became the best character on the show during season two and was then killed off.

I didn't know that Jeff DeMunn decided to leave the show. So him being killed off is understandable. If they really wanted to, i'm sure they could've got him to stay. Dale survives for a long time in the comic. I know the show is different but it would've been nice to see him last longer and make it to the prison with everyone else. With Rick no longer wanting to be a leader and make decisions, Dale could've filled that role nicely I think. But I guess they felt having Herschel as the old, wise, Yoda like character on the show was enough.

Last edited by Sanitarium78; 11-05-2013 at 08:47 AM.
Old 11-05-2013, 09:02 AM

I don't know, I think the only reason he signed on to begin with was Frank Darabont. They had a close relationship from working together for years. I'm not sure of the details, but he was so perturbed with how things went down with Darabont I'm not sure there was anything the writers could do to keep him. It's a shame it worked out the way it did. Hershel is a fine character - one of the best on the show at this point - but Dale was better.

Quote:
I'll agree that Shane's death came along at the right time. His death is really the only major one that was done for a good reason.
I strongly disagree. Sophia's death was just as meaningful, impactful (arguably), and also had a great contribution to the plot. A huge chunk of a season revolved around her arc.

I think Merle's death was also arguable from a plot standpoint. Though I still happened not to agree with it.