Cannabis Corpse -- Chicago, IL -- December 17th, 2014
Kreator -- London, England -- December 18th, 2014

Old 04-18-2014, 10:39 AM
Some People Call Me The White Devil

Quote:
Originally Posted by larvtard View Post
Her. Her. Her. Her. Her. Her. Her.
This.

I saw it in theaters and was a teary mess the entire movie. then I saw Lone Survivor right after and the last 15 minutes of that had me balling my eyes out.
Old 04-18-2014, 11:38 AM
Hagbard Celine, H.M., S.H.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dextrimental View Post
Fuck you guys so very fucking hard. Is it THAT HARD to use a spoiler warning? Dickheads. Absolute dickheads. This isn't The Walkind Dead thread so they are ABSOLUTELY necessary.
Old 04-18-2014, 12:36 PM
Humanaut

Quote:
Originally Posted by larvtard View Post
Her. Her. Her. Her. Her. Her. Her.
Oh yeah. The last 30 minutes was brutal for me. I've never cried for that long in the theater before.

A couple more that I've cried in:
As people have said already, 50/50. I had deviated septum surgery a little over 3 months before watching this and the pre-op scene got to me.
The Mist. That fucking final scene.
The ending of Return of the King.
Cinema Paradiso.
The Pianist.
(500) Days of Summer.
Four Feathers.
A Perfect Storm.
Man on Fire.

The couple that have made me extremely sad/depressed:
Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince (Cried like a fool reading this book though and Order of the Phoenix).
Blow.
The Act of Killing.
The Road.
Apocalypto.
Melancholia.
Hotel Rwanda.
The Machinist.
Old 04-19-2014, 07:04 AM
Troo Methulfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by illninoese View Post
Oh yeah. The last 30 minutes was brutal for me. I've never cried for that long in the theater before.

A couple more that I've cried in:
As people have said already, 50/50. I had deviated septum surgery a little over 3 months before watching this and the pre-op scene got to me.
The Mist. That fucking final scene.
The ending of Return of the King.
Cinema Paradiso.
The Pianist.
(500) Days of Summer.
Four Feathers.
A Perfect Storm.
Man on Fire.

The couple that have made me extremely sad/depressed:
Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince (Cried like a fool reading this book though and Order of the Phoenix).
Blow.
The Act of Killing.
The Road.
Apocalypto.
Melancholia.
Hotel Rwanda.
The Machinist.
Hotel Rwanda made me cry when they had to flee in the van.

The Machinist didn't make me cry, but left me stunned, speechless and silent for a long time.
Old 08-04-2014, 10:35 AM
Metal is proof that Satan loves us and wants us to be happy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dextrimental View Post
Flicking through this thread and BAM Walking Dead spoilers. A lot of them, too.

Fuck you guys so very fucking hard. Is it THAT HARD to use a spoiler warning? Dickheads. Absolute dickheads. This isn't The Walkind Dead thread so they are ABSOLUTELY necessary.
For what it's worth, Dex, I can totally see your point. I'm sure it was an honest mistake and The Other Nat didn't mean anything by it, but now that I've caught up with the series myself I can also relate to your position. I would have been pissed if I had read that list (which is why I immediately closed my eyes back when I first saw the post).

However, since the toothpaste is now out of the tube and it's never going back in...I have to say to The Other Nat that I agree with your list. However, I wouldn't rank them in the order that you did (though I doubt you had them ranked...they seemed to merely be in chronological order). In fact, if I were to rank them in order of emotional impact, I would probably rank them in reverse chronological order. That last one especially was a total shock and I actually cried out while watching it. So fucking brutal.

That's what I've come to learn, though, about the show. Nobody is safe. Just when we really start to get attached to a character...BAM - zombie food.
Old 08-04-2014, 10:47 AM
Troo Methulfan

I heard that Rust & Bone is pretty heavy stuff.

SPOILER:

Especially when a certain character finds out that she can't walk anymore.
Old 08-04-2014, 10:49 AM
Troo Methulfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcmetal108 View Post
This.

I saw it in theaters and was a teary mess the entire movie. then I saw Lone Survivor right after and the last 15 minutes of that had me balling my eyes out.
What movie is this from?
Old 09-29-2014, 09:18 PM
Rich Haagen Dazs farts

Dear Zachary: A Letter to a Son About His Father.
Old 10-01-2014, 06:33 PM
Hagbard Celine, H.M., S.H.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natrlhi View Post
Just realized I forgot to chime in on this thread. Here are a few that come to mind:
  1. The Sixth Sense - the scene with Osment and Collette in the car gets me every fucking time. Hard.
  2. I Am Legend - the scene with Smith and his dog is heart-wrenching - quite possibly Smith's finest moment on screen so far.
  3. Million Dollar Baby - Eastwood's final scene with Swank.
  4. Wall-E - the scene where he remembers Eva is amazing, because there are no voices, and no actors - and I'm still in tears.
  5. Up - ditto for a few scenes in this one.
  6. Saving Private Ryan - multiple scenes, such as "Earn this" and the scene at the graveyard.
  7. Schindler's List - multiple scenes, such as the one where Neeson cries that he "could have saved more", and the one at his grave.
  8. Forrest Gump - multiple scenes, such as when Forrest meets his son and when Jenny dies.
  9. Eight Below - the second half of the movie had my stomach in knots.
  10. Awakenings - the entire movie is a roller-coaster of emotion as DeNiro faces the ups and downs of his disease.
  11. One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest - Nicholson's final few scenes.
  12. Braveheart - Gibson's final scene, and others.
  13. Gladiator - Crowe's final scene.
  14. A Beautiful Mind - ditto.
Speaking of Russell Crowe (and no, I'm not a fanboy - these last few are just coincidence), I cried tears of joy for him in Cinderella Man.
Natrlhi had some good ones.

Saving Private Ryan - The scene on the bridge where he tells Private Ryan to "earn this"

Forest Gump - The scene where he talks to Jenny's grave

The Green Mile - The final execution; "roll on two"

Seven Pounds - The ending scene when the kids choir is singing and Emily looks into Ezra's eyes

District 9 - The final scene where we see the prawn holding the flower, and we realize the implications

The Family Man - When Jack's daughter comes in playing her violin for the final time, and also Jack's speech at the airport close to the end

Blood Diamond - The phone call he makes to Maddy when he's dying on the mountain

The Good, The Bad and the Ugly - The scene in the Union POW camp with the music / "play that fiddle, you"

The Grey - The last scene when he recites the poem just before facing the wolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natrlhi View Post
For what it's worth, Dex, I can totally see your point. I'm sure it was an honest mistake and The Other Nat didn't mean anything by it, but now that I've caught up with the series myself I can also relate to your position. I would have been pissed if I had read that list (which is why I immediately closed my eyes back when I first saw the post).

However, since the toothpaste is now out of the tube and it's never going back in...I have to say to The Other Nat that I agree with your list. However, I wouldn't rank them in the order that you did (though I doubt you had them ranked...they seemed to merely be in chronological order). In fact, if I were to rank them in order of emotional impact, I would probably rank them in reverse chronological order. That last one especially was a total shock and I actually cried out while watching it. So fucking brutal.

That's what I've come to learn, though, about the show. Nobody is safe. Just when we really start to get attached to a character...BAM - zombie food.
I actually did have them ranked in order. I thought the death of Sophia was the most emotional scene the show has produced yet. Let's take a closer look.

1. Death of Sophia - The entire story arc of season 2A was centered around trying to find Sophia. I don't know what other viewers were expecting, but I thought they'd either find her alive out in the woods somewhere, discover she'd been kidnapped by another group of people, possibly raped, etc. I had a lot of theories at the time. I never suspected she was in that barn the whole fucking time. When she staggered out of that door and everyone realized who that walker was, and Carol went running toward her, and Rick pointed that pistol at her and knew what he had to do, and with that look on his face... holy fucking shit.
This scene was also brilliant because it coincided with the Greene family's first harsh reality check. We had two things going on here: the Greene family pining over the death of the mother after watching Shane shoot the walkers, exposing them to the harsh truth that walkers are not just "sick," and Rick's group facing the harsh truth that they had lost Sophia. And the Greene family had to witness how Rick's group responded to that situation with complete sincerity, cementing that any illusion of walkers being just "sick" is just that - an illusion.

2. Death of Dale - Daryl saying "sorry brother" just before pulling the trigger.
Dale was also my favorite character on the show. He and Shane left two massive holes, in my opinion, that haven't been filed.

3. Death of Andrea - This was simply the right death for her. Like Merle, she went out, in my opinion, on a note of redemption. For a character that was at times infuriating, she did spend the better part of season 3 fighting for peace, and ended up paying for it with her life. I think the scene was so emotional because her death scene was ultimately her reuniting with the group she belonged with all along. In that scene, she knew that, and Daryl, Rick and Michonne knew it too.
Also, she's a really fine damn actress, and her acting in that scene greatly intensified the emotional punch of it.
Old 10-03-2014, 08:44 AM
Dorito Licker

Les Miserable... Certain songs in that movie/musical ALWAYS pull my heart strings. Anne Hathaway's version of "I Dreamed a Dream", the song "On My Own", "Bring Him Home", "Do You Hear the People Sing" (original and reprise)... Holy crap just thinking of them makes me almost tear up!!