Home Set Lists Forums The Permanent Record Asshole Opinion

Thy Art Is Murder -- Sydney, Australia -- December 19th, 2014
Intronaut -- West Hollywood, CA -- December 19th, 2014
Cannabis Corpse -- Chicago, IL -- December 17th, 2014
Kreator -- London, England -- December 18th, 2014
It Lies Within -- Westland, MI -- December 16th, 2014

Old 10-09-2014, 04:19 PM
When your grabbing ass with your friends...

American Horror Story

So if the Walking Dead get their own thread then dammit so can AHS. Anybody else watch this? Watch last night?

I like Walking Dead but IMO AHS is better.
Old 10-09-2014, 05:07 PM
Concert Veteran

The first season is still far and away the best one, even though I think the ending was rushed a little bit. Overall, it's still the best beginning to end story that the show has done so far. The second season started off well but became a complete clusterfuck about half way through and was just hard to watch until the end. The last handful off episodes in season two was like watching a deer dying on the side of the road while waiting for a cop to come and put it out of it's misery. Season three was pretty much the same, started off good but by the end I couldn't care less what happened. Hopefully, this season won't end the same as the last two and they're able to tell a good story with a good ending all the way through like they did the first time around.

I did like the season premier last night but it wasn't anything that blew me away. I'm certainly interested in seeing how everything unfolds. Every story always starts off with great potential, I hope they fully reach it this year because I'll probably stop watching if there is another disappointing ending.
Old 10-09-2014, 07:05 PM
SADISTIC, MAGICIAN

Loved season 1 and 2. Season 2 in my opinion is the highlight so far, just well-written, balanced horror from writers who understand the genre and good characters. My only qualm with the show is the endings, so far all 3 have had endings that were tonally too bright for what came before them - even though 1 and 2 both had ending's that fir their story better, for sure. The second half of 3 was a train-wreck, so I hope this season avoids that.

I really enjoyed the first episode. More restrained. After Cover's first episode, they needed to dial it back as they weren't going to be able to get more gratuitously horrifying on TV so just making an extended character play works fine. The cinematography surround Sarah Paulson's character was nothing short of genius. Her character is easily the most interesting on-screen just because of that, right now.
Old 10-09-2014, 09:08 PM
Concert Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dextrimental View Post
The cinematography surround Sarah Paulson's character was nothing short of genius. Her character is easily the most interesting on-screen just because of that, right now.
Definitely.

I was also thinking while watching it that Sarah Paulson had to pull double duty while shooting this since the twins each have their own personalities. Major props to her for doing that. That killer clown will probably end up joining the freak show and murder anyone who tries to mess with them.
Old 10-10-2014, 05:18 AM
THIS IS LHHC!

I absolutely loved the first season and I doubt they'll ever top that. I never watched the second season because at the time I was pissed that it wouldn't continue the same story of the Murder House. I still need to check that out. Season three started out really awesome, but I don't think I've ever seen anything so abruptly take a complete nosedive in quality halfway through a season. I think I gave up on watching it around episode 8 or 9. The opening credit sequence for the third season though was one of the creepiest things I've ever seen though. So cool. I'm hoping to check out the new season sometime this weekend.
1/5 Genocide Pact ?
1/9 Skull Fist
1/10 Cruel Hand
1/16 Mayhem
Old 10-10-2014, 08:15 AM
All of my life, I've been waiting for you...

This show has the same problem all Ryan Murphy shows have had (with the exception for the first few Nip/Tuck seasons) in that they all start off with such promise and about 75% through it seems like they completely forgot that they need to have an ending. They're all brilliantly acted which makes up for the lack of second half quality, but somewhere along the line I would hope FX realizes it might be a good idea to get him some quality control help.
Youth Code: 1/27
A Place To Bury Strangers: 2/17
Sleater-Kinney: 2/26-27
Old 10-10-2014, 08:43 AM
Not popular in Buffalo

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalfitegrdan View Post
I absolutely loved the first season and I doubt they'll ever top that. I never watched the second season because at the time I was pissed that it wouldn't continue the same story of the Murder House. I still need to check that out. Season three started out really awesome, but I don't think I've ever seen anything so abruptly take a complete nosedive in quality halfway through a season. I think I gave up on watching it around episode 8 or 9. The opening credit sequence for the third season though was one of the creepiest things I've ever seen though. So cool. I'm hoping to check out the new season sometime this weekend.
Season 2 (Aslyum) is by far the best season imo. It was the only season that twists were actually shocking and the acting was even better than usual for this show.

As for the new season, I just watched the premiere, and I thoroughly enjoyed it. I'm really glad Evan Peters actually gets to talk this season. It was painful to watch them waste one of the best actors on the show on a nearly mute role in Coven.
1/25 August Burns Red
1/31 Machine Head

http://maitlandsmadness.blogspot.com/
Old 10-10-2014, 02:02 PM
When your grabbing ass with your friends...

Glad others like this like I do.

Top to bottom season 1 is my favorite. And will be tough to beat.

I really liked Asylum . I didn't care for when they started in w/ the alien type stuff. That seemed a little bit much like they were cramming too much in. The last episode might be my favorite finale from the first 3 seasons.

Season 3 had promise but towards the end it lost me.

Freak Show was the best 1st episode in the 4 seasons IMO. There wasn't ever any lull in the action. Jessica Lange continued to show how amazing she is. The shit w/ Lobster Boy w/ those girls was just so wrong. But great. The only thing I tire of (talking or not) Evan Peters always manages to be a similar character. Go 1 season where he doesn't have to fall in love or be sad about a girl. I know he can do more than play the love sick puppy in every season. It's pretty obvious he's headed the same way this season too.
Old 10-10-2014, 02:15 PM
Some People Call Me The White Devil

only saw season 1 and thought it was decent, had its fucked up moments but thought the pacing was off and had shitty twists.
Old 10-10-2014, 02:18 PM
PANNTURRRUHHHHHH!!!!

I've only seen an episode or two of the first season and seemed really good, but never had a chance to watch more.

Funeral Age
funeralage.com

Mesmur
facebook.com/mesmurdoom