King of Nothing
Weight of the World
Thoughts Without Words
The Light That Blinds
Stepping Outside the Circle
A Public Execution
Divide & Conquer
War

I thought they were awesome live. Really glad they played Stepping Outside the Circle since it's probably my favourite song by them. Aside from that it was a typical Shads support set but they still put on a killer live show, and were probably better than when I saw them with KsE last December. One day I will see them headline. One day.

I watched Battlecross and most of Acacia Strain from the balcony. Battlecross's first couple sounded a little muddy from where I was but they gave a good set, and their singer seemed to really enjoy himself and joked with the crowd a bit between songs. I guess in contrast to the Flint show the night before (based on that dude's review here), the crowd for Battlecross wasn't that big yet and people were still trickling in, since they started playing like 20 minutes after the doors opened.

I'm not a fan of Acacia Strain even a little bit, and they were awful. Plus Vince Bennet got really pissed off when like 6 or 7 people from the balcony were yelling "Hatebreed" so he challenged one of the dudes to drink 8 more beers, for some reason. Yelling the name of the other bands that are going to play later is stupid, I agree, but dude needed to calm down. Just roll with it.

I didn't stay for Hatebreed since i'm not a fan of their's either. I don't think they're terrible or anything, just not my thing. So after Shads I grabbed some pizza and just went home.
Old 10-12-2013, 07:16 AM
N00B

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnthG View Post

I'm not a fan of Acacia Strain even a little bit, and they were awful.
Plus 10,000 points for you! Glad you had a good time w/ Shads. Yeah, Battlecross owned the night in Flint. Their singer is from Clio, MI which is about 10 minutes from Flint, and the rest of the guys are all from the Detroit area, so Battlecross had all their "peeps," if you will, at the show going nuts for them.
11/7 TX In July
12/3 & 12 FTFD
12/9 ETID
12/10 & 11 Snot
12/13 nonpoint
12/20 Battlecross
2/1 ABR/Erra
Old 10-12-2013, 07:32 AM
Welcome To My Nightmare...

My brother went to this for The Acacia Strain and Hatebreed. He said there were a ton of annoying hardcore dancers and people trying to start fights. Not really surprising, but it sounds like it would be frustrating.
Old 10-12-2013, 07:52 AM
Metal-Setlistcore

Hardcore dancers at a show that's half hardcore & deathcore bands?

Don't believe it.
Old 10-12-2013, 07:58 AM
N00B

The one thing about the pit at this show, and i've noticed this quite a bit at some of the more recent shows i've been to, is that the pit was left basically open the entire time. Usually you'll see everyone crowd and push to the front, and in the midst of a sea of people you'll see mosh pit pockets here and there, and then there will be a big circle pit for a big moment in the set or when the singer asks for one. But there was always a big amount of space left open (at least for the first 3 bands, don't know about Hatebreed) for like maybe 10 people who were moshing/dancing/whatever.

Tags
shadows fall