Home Set Lists Forums The Permanent Record Asshole Opinion

Richie Kotzen -- London, England -- September 16th, 2014
King Crimson -- Boston, MA -- September 15th, 2014
Overkill -- West Springfield, VA -- September 11th, 2014
ProgPower USA Kick-Off -- Atlanta, GA -- September 11th, 2014
ProgPower USA XV Day 2 -- Atlanta, GA -- September 13th, 2014

Go Back   WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM > Community Forums > Misinformation and Propaganda

Old 10-06-2013, 10:38 AM
I like the way the line runs up the back of the stocking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onioner View Post
Also this. I'm still majorly upset that the one Endgame headlining tour basically skipped all of the west coast. Gosh, anyone else remember '09 when we were all so excited about Endgame shitting all over Death Magnetic and Dave actually not spouting stupid shit on a daily basis?
So much this.
Old 10-06-2013, 08:15 PM
HEY! LISTEN!

I would be more excited by a tour that actually shook up the setlist significantly, without needing to be themed around an album or something like that. Just be the tiniest bit creative, Dave. Youthanasia isn't good enough to get the treatment RiP did, and quite frankly neither was CtE.
Old 10-07-2013, 12:01 AM
Born Again In Blasphemy

Quote:
Originally Posted by SomewhereInTime72 View Post
I would be more excited by a tour that actually shook up the setlist significantly, without needing to be themed around an album or something like that. Just be the tiniest bit creative, Dave. Youthanasia isn't good enough to get the treatment RiP did, and quite frankly neither was CtE.
Dave could really freshen things up by playing The Conjuring or Bad Omen, but then he might go to Hell.
Old 10-07-2013, 05:40 AM
May you go marching in three-measure time, dressed up as asses and drunk to the nines...

Quote:
Originally Posted by OraclesofAgony View Post
Dave could really freshen things up by playing The Conjuring or Bad Omen, but then he might go to Hell.
Maybe he should play "Go To Hell" too!
Old 10-07-2013, 07:14 AM
The best part of waking up, is Satan in your cup

Quote:
Originally Posted by 300%_Density View Post
My throat felt pretty shredded. I was one of the many who stayed after buying Endgame (2nd copy) so him & Broderick could sign it. Such a great time minus Suicide Silence.
I thought it was hilarious how everyone just kinda stared at Suicide Silence as they went on. There was absolutely no movement for them and it was great
Old 10-07-2013, 07:53 AM
Old Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by SomewhereInTime72 View Post
Youthanasia isn't good enough to get the treatment RiP did, and quite frankly neither was CtE.
I totally agree, I saw both those anniversary tours and while CtE had some good songs it was not worthy of an anniversary tour. Youthanasia isn't even as good as CtE and I think I would skip the show if that's what they end up doing. They all pale in comparison anyway to the original RiP tour that I saw back in 1990 when Megadeth opened for Judas Priest on the Painkiller tour
Old 10-07-2013, 08:58 AM
Concert Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wrecking Crew View Post
while CtE had some good songs it was not worthy of an anniversary tour.
Regardless of what you think about the song quality, CTE most certainly did deserve an anniversary tour. It's Megadeth's most successful and popular album. It broke them into the mainstream and earned them a bunch of new fans. A lot of people would not be Megadeth fans now without that album. It's as significant to Megadeth's history as The Black Album is to Metallica's. To say it wasn't worthy of an anniversary tour is just plain wrong.
Old 10-07-2013, 11:50 AM
Old Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanitarium78 View Post
Regardless of what you think about the song quality, CTE most certainly did deserve an anniversary tour. It's Megadeth's most successful and popular album. It broke them into the mainstream and earned them a bunch of new fans. A lot of people would not be Megadeth fans now without that album. It's as significant to Megadeth's history as The Black Album is to Metallica's. To say it wasn't worthy of an anniversary tour is just plain wrong.
I suppose historically speaking you are correct and I agree with your saying CTE was Megadeth's Black album. But for me and many other old timers, CTE and the Black album marked the end of the glory days of Megadeth and Metallica, they were the last CDs from those bands that I have bought to this day.
The early '90s were terrible for metal as Megadeth and Metallica both released their "breakthrough" albums, Iron Maiden, Judas Priest and Anthrax went through messy splits with their lead singers and grunge started taking over. Even Slayer vanished from the public eye for like 4 years and I think only Overkill kept it real during this time period. So CTE and the Black album are forever entwined with the dark ages of metal in my ancient mind.