Home Set Lists Forums The Permanent Record Asshole Opinion

The Quireboys -- West Hollywood, CA -- August 6th, 2014
High on Fire -- Los Angeles, CA -- August 19th, 2014
Nothing More -- Baltimore, MD -- August 18th, 2014
Boris -- Vancouver, British Columbia -- August 17th, 2014
Motley Crue -- Alpharetta, GA -- August 16th, 2014

Old 10-01-2013, 09:00 AM
When your grabbing ass with your friends...

Kirk Quits Down

Link

Guitarist Kirk Windstein appears to have exited DOWN in order to focus "100%" on his other band, CROWBAR. Windstein is not taking part in the songwriting sessions for the next DOWN EP and is being replaced in that band by longtime DOWN stage manager and HONKY founding guitarist Bobby Landgraf.

Writing on Facebook, Windstein said: "For months now, I have been posting that I am concentrating on CROWBAR 100% FULL TIME…

"2014 marks the 25th anniversary of CROWBAR and it's a great feeling to put my heart and soul into something that I created so long ago.

"We are entering the studio on December 16 to record our 10th full-length record. Look for a late spring release on eOne.

"See y'all on the road with CROWBAR!!!"

Added Landgraf in a separate posting: "Feeling very lucky to have this gig with DOWN. It wouldn't be the same without Kirk Windstein's blessing. He is Riff Lord and the new CROWBAR will be amazing."

DOWN bassist Pat Bruders recently left CROWBAR and was replaced in the latter band by Jeff Golden.

Said Windstein in a new Facebook posting: "I will say it again… With my decision months ago to focus 100% on CROWBAR, Pat resigned as our bassist, and I respect his decision because it's impossible to give 100% to two bands. I am giving my ALL to CROWBAR as he is giving his ALL to DOWN. There is no animosity… no drama… Just great music being written by all, and that sounds pretty awesome to me!"

Down has now managed to become alot less interesting. But the fact that more time will be focused on Crowbar is great news. Bigger Crowbar fan than Down fan.
Old 10-01-2013, 11:31 AM
May you go marching in three-measure time, dressed up as asses and drunk to the nines...

Too bad but at least the split is amicable. That said, the last Crowbar album is 100 times better than anything Down has done in recent memory.
Old 10-01-2013, 11:34 AM
MetalSetLists's Smartest Man

Big time bummer, but life will go on. Glad there is no bad blood and who knows, maybe Crowbar will tour with Down next US tour.
Old 10-01-2013, 11:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Gordo View Post
Too bad but at least the split is amicable. That said, the last Crowbar album is 100 times better than anything Down has done in recent memory.
This is definite fact. I was disappointed that the Crowbar album didn't get more talk on here when it came out. It is easily one of the best albums that Crowbar has ever released and it seems like it fell under the radar everywhere even though Crowbar was on Metalliance.
Old 10-01-2013, 02:01 PM
Meanwhile, behind the facade of this innocent looking bookstore...

Quote:
Originally Posted by 300%_Density View Post
This is definite fact. I was disappointed that the Crowbar album didn't get more talk on here when it came out. It is easily one of the best albums that Crowbar has ever released and it seems like it fell under the radar everywhere even though Crowbar was on Metalliance.
Not everywhere.

http://www.jukeboxmetal.com/2011/cro...e-wicked-hand/

I disagree that it's that much better than Down's recent output though. And Crowbar are disappointing live. A lazy 55 minutes does not a headlining set make.

7/9 Pentagram
16/9 Richie Kotzen
19/9 Kamchatka
Old 10-01-2013, 02:40 PM
PAAAAAAANTURRRUUUHHHHHH!! !!!!

This
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C6ueThSCIr4

- Funeral Age
facebook.com/funeralageofficial
funeralage.bandcamp.com
Old 10-01-2013, 04:54 PM
Smoke Satan, Worship Crack

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravenheart View Post
Not everywhere.

I disagree that it's that much better than Down's recent output though. And Crowbar are disappointing live. A lazy 55 minutes does not a headlining set make.
Kirk said he's tried to play longer, but people would get bored after an hour, so he sticks to his 55 minute set.
Old 10-01-2013, 05:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravenheart View Post
Not everywhere.

That's the one down side of Crowbar. I've read several places how short Crowbar sets last. Hopefully with just Crowbar and no Down that maybe he won't be as overworked and do longer sets. (This logic makes no sense, trying to be positive. )
Old 10-02-2013, 01:57 AM
Meanwhile, behind the facade of this innocent looking bookstore...

Quote:
Originally Posted by christopher View Post
Kirk said he's tried to play longer, but people would get bored after an hour, so he sticks to his 55 minute set.
I'm not buying that. When they came to London last, and fucked off after 55 minutes, people were pissed.

They charge a pretty penny for their tickets too. If they're going to keep doing it, I won't be seeing them again.

7/9 Pentagram
16/9 Richie Kotzen
19/9 Kamchatka