Rhapsody of Fire -- Cd. Obregon, Mex -- August 24th, 2014
Sleep -- Boston, MA -- August 24th, 2014
Alice in Chains -- Rama, Ontario -- August 23rd, 2014

Go Back   WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM > Community Forums > Set Lists and Gig Reports

Old 09-28-2013, 06:02 PM
If you dont live for something, you die for nothing

Trivium -- Boston, MA -- September 28th, 2013

Review:
I got into boston with 3 friends of mine around 345 or so. After consuming our pre-concert meal, we walked to the venue, only to discover that one of my friends had forgotten his ticket in our other friends dorm room. so he had to drive back to the college, while we entered the venue. For those who don't know, Sylosis were supposed to be opening, but they suffered an RV accident and had to drop off. Luckily they are all OK, and none of the members suffered serious injuries

So the first band to play was After the Burial. I had never listened to them before the show, but i was optimistic that they would put on a good show. They got to play for an extra 20 minutes or so , because of Sylosis dropping off. IMO, their set dragged on forever. They did nothing that was overly interesting to me, and when they had started the venue had maybe a few hundred people in it. They werent horrible, but they didnt make a fan out of me.
Set(from setlist.fm, missing one song):
My Frailty
Berzerker
Cursing Akhenaten
A Wolf Amongst Ravens
Fingers Like Daggers
(Unknown)
(New Unreleased Song)
Your Troubles Will Cease and Fortune Will Smile Upon You
Aspiration

Next was the band i was the most excited to see, DevilDriver. As posted below, someone did get hurt during Before the Hangman's Noose. After they played the song, Dez noticed someone laying on the ground, and they stopped for a couple of minutes. They proceeded to play Oath to the Abyss while the guy was still on the ground because Dez thought that he was getting up, and they would give him some walk off music. But after they played that song, Dez announced that they wouldn't play anymore until he got medical help. So after 15 minutes an ambulance came and the guy got taken off the floor. The first thing that Dez said when he came back out was basically that no one in the band wants anyone to get hurt, and that people need to take care of eachother. He also said they werent going to have to cut their set short, which was good to hear because they were sounding really good. So on to their set.
DevilDriver were on last night. I was i bit nervous, because i had heard mixed reviews of Dez' voice, but he was on last night. The whole band sounded really tight. This was my first time seeing them, and when they are up here again i will do my best to make it.
Set:
Ruthless
I Could Care Less
Not All Who Wander Are Lost
Before the Hangman's Noose
Oath of the Abyss
The Appetite
Hold Back the Day
Cry for Me Sky (Eulogy of the Scorned)
Curses and Epitaphs
Sail
(AWOLNATION cover)
Head on to Heartache (Let Them Rot)
Dead to Rights
Clouds Over California
End of the Line
Meet the Wretched

So on a bit of a side note, while waiting for Trivium, some drunk dude came up to me and my friend, and decided we were now his friends. He started off by talking about random shows hes been to, then switched over to how Howard Jones is the best vocalist of all time, and ended with him telling both of us about how to be successful in life. Also my friend and i were both 1 person away from the rail, which is fine in my book. Our newly found friend decided that he wanted to be on rail. so during the first 3 or so songs, he would push this other drunk dude and himself into the people on the rail in an attempt to make them move. Another thing that occurred was the other drunk dude decided that the kid in front of him needed to be choked, so i look over and 13 or so people are stopping the him from choking this random kid and shoving him back into the pit. Gotta love drunk people at metal shows
Despite all of the annoyances of those to individuals, Trivium put on a really good set. Personally, i dont like Throes of Perdition as an opener, but thats just me. The whole band sounded good,except i couldnt hear Paulo's vocals at all which was kind of a bummer. As with DD, if Trivium comes up here again, ill definitely attempt to make it

Trivium set
Throes of perdition
Down from the sky
Becoming the Dragon
Brave this Storm
Watch the world burn
Strife
A Gunshot to the Head of Trepidation
Kirisute Gomen
Shogun
In waves
Pull harder on the strings of your martyr

Scores:
After the Burial: 4/10
DevilDriver:9/10
Trivium:9/10

Last edited by Disturbed95; 09-29-2013 at 04:58 AM.
Old 09-28-2013, 06:46 PM

A friend of mine who was at the show said Devildriver stopped the show because someone broke their leg in the pit.
Old 09-28-2013, 07:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PVH5150 View Post
A friend of mine who was at the show said Devildriver stopped the show because someone broke their leg in the pit.
Yep. I heard it was his ankle, but idk. They played one song with him on the ground, then when dez realized he wasn't getting up anytime soon they stopped till an ambulance came. He also said that they weren't gonna have to cut their set, but I'm 99% sure they dropped 2 somgs
Old 09-28-2013, 07:31 PM
My heart, tears, and prayers go out to the sad, abused, and suffering children of the world!

Of all the bands we've seen live, DD really seems to promote moshing and walls of death quite a bit more than others. Hopefully after this incident, they'll chill out on that a bit.
Old 09-28-2013, 07:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fonzbear2000 View Post
Of all the bands we've seen live, DD really seems to promote moshing and walls of death quite a bit more than others. Hopefully after this incident, they'll chill out on that a bit.
They never called for a wall, and during the song the person got hurt, dez never called for a pit. He got hurt in a freak accident, no fault of DD
Old 09-28-2013, 09:02 PM
N00B

Nah Dez won't stop calling it because of that. No fault of his.
Old 09-28-2013, 10:06 PM
N00B

The only thing i've seen Dez call for was the circle pit during Meet the Wretched, which isn't even a pit really since everyone is just running in a circle barely touching each other besides the occasional light push in the back.
Old 09-29-2013, 05:52 AM
N00B

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disturbed95 View Post
Review:

Sail
(AWOLNATION cover)
wut ...
Old 09-29-2013, 07:13 AM
N00B

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheNobleFaceHumper View Post
wut ...
They covered AWOLNATION's track "Sail" on their latest album, Winter Kills.

Here is a link.

It is not an awful cover but I think DevilDriver can do better. Their cover of Black Soul Choir on Beast was much better in my opinion.
04/24 - Nile
Old 09-29-2013, 07:31 AM
Some People Call Me The White Devil

ATB is cool, never really got into Devidriver but I'll be at the Chicago show mainly for Trivium. Their set is cool enough.

Tags
after the burial, devildriver, trivium