Home Set Lists Forums The Permanent Record Asshole Opinion

Warrior -- San Marcos, CA -- April 19th, 2014
Impaled -- Oakland, CA -- April 19th, 2014
Tankcrimes Brainsqueeze 2 -- Oakland, CA -- April 18th, 2014
Unearth -- Pontiac, MI -- April 17th, 2014
Wayne Static -- Birmingham, AL -- April 17th, 2014


Go Back   WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM > Community Forums > Set Lists and Gig Reports

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 08-12-2013, 07:18 AM
Sanitarium78's Avatar
Sanitarium78 Sanitarium78 is offline
Concert Veteran
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Buffalo, NY
Posts: 3,858
Alice In Chains -- Darien Center, NY -- August 11th, 2013

Hollow
Them Bones
Again
Check My Brain
Man in the Box
Voices
It Ain't Like That
Love, Hate, Love
Down in a Hole
No Excuses
Would?
Rooster

Well, after 21 years I finally got to see AIC again. For whatever reason they just never seem to play this area at all except for back in 2006 which I unfortunately missed for reasons I can't recall now. I'm surprised Stone wasn't played, I was really looking forward to hearing that riff live. Still, a very good performance by them and William Duvall is pretty good frontman. You can tell he really enjoys what he's doing on stage. It looks like they're changing up the set a little each night. I don't believe they've opened with Hollow before last night and It Ain't Like That and Love, Hate, Love were nice additions to the set. Voices sounded really good to so hopefully once they get back to touring on their own more new stuff will get played.

I'm not sure why they end with Rooster though. I know they flip between that and Would as their closers but Rooster is just a weak ender. Would is one of the best album closers of all time and it makes a perfect show closer since the show would end with a bang. The audience reacted well to Rooster but everyone was pretty defalted after Would. The crowd completely drowned out Jerry and William during that song.

Overall, it was a short but very good performance. If they do another North American headlining tour for this album I really need to make the effort to see them play a full show.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 08-12-2013, 08:27 AM
Coma323 Coma323 is offline
...
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: CT
Posts: 852
Love, Hate, Love is a beast live, good to see it getting played.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 08-12-2013, 12:46 PM
TonyD's Avatar
TonyD TonyD is offline
Peace on earth sells... but who's buying?
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Bay Area
Posts: 6,145
Cool that they're rotating sets I'm stoked even if I'll just be on the lawn...
__________________
Mastodong/Gojira/KVELERTAK 5/1
Meshuggah 6/6
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 08-12-2013, 02:55 PM
Sanitarium78's Avatar
Sanitarium78 Sanitarium78 is offline
Concert Veteran
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Buffalo, NY
Posts: 3,858
Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyD View Post
Cool that they're rotating sets I'm stoked even if I'll just be on the lawn...
I think when they play normal headlining sets they usually switch a few songs up here and there. With them only getting an hour to play on this tour I wouldn't be surprised if each night's set was a little bit different. I feel they're one of the best bands out there now when it comes to putting good setlists together. Over the last few tours they don't seem to ever let their sets get too stale.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 08-14-2013, 01:36 PM
Sanitarium78's Avatar
Sanitarium78 Sanitarium78 is offline
Concert Veteran
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Buffalo, NY
Posts: 3,858
They changed their set up again last night.

http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/alice-...-7bc63a20.html

This is why bands switching sets up every night can be a bad thing. This set is much better than the one I got

EDIT: I need a mod to change the date. It should be 2013. I guess i'm unaware of what timeline i'm living in.

Last edited by Sanitarium78; 08-14-2013 at 01:47 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 08-15-2013, 01:03 AM
NickLed19's Avatar
NickLed19 NickLed19 is offline
N00B
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Nashville,TN
Posts: 1,529
Got Me Wrong.
__________________
Alter Bridge
Chevelle
Volbeat/Trivium
Rock on the Range?
Kiss/Def Leppard
Outkast
Machine Head
Motley Crue/Alice Cooper
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 08-17-2013, 06:24 PM
HackedUpForBBQ's Avatar
HackedUpForBBQ HackedUpForBBQ is offline
Pass the steak sauce
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Niagara Falls/Buffalo, NY
Posts: 425
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanitarium78 View Post
For whatever reason they just never seem to play this area at all except for back in 2006
AIC also played Darien Lake in '07 opening for Velvet Revolver, but as you can imagine it was a very short set. That show in '06 in the Falls was the best setlist wise..... they'll probably never do Sea of Sorrow again
__________________
4/18 - Nile
6/9 - Eyehategod
7/29 - Mayhem Fest?
8/31 - Cre/Cooper
10/18 - Immolation/Nunslaughter
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 08-17-2013, 07:01 PM
velvetgrass velvetgrass is offline
N00B
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Greenfield, WI
Posts: 400
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanitarium78 View Post
I'm not sure why they end with Rooster though. I know they flip between that and Would as their closers but Rooster is just a weak ender. Would is one of the best album closers of all time and it makes a perfect show closer since the show would end with a bang.
Totally and wholeheartedly agree! Would is my favorite AIC song.

I haven't had a chance to see them live yet, so I might buy tickets for the Tinley Park, IL show next Thursday. Surprisingly, it looks like the show hasn't sold very well based on the interactive seat map. I just hope they swap Angry Chair if I go
__________________
Cage The Elephant/Foals (5/14)
Seether (5/18)
Vampire Weekend (6/4)
Nine Inch Nails/Soundgarden (7/24)
Linkin Park/30 Seconds To Mars (8/29)
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 08-17-2013, 07:19 PM
jhdeity's Avatar
jhdeity jhdeity is offline
Headbanger
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Pasadena, MD
Posts: 3,042
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanitarium78 View Post
They changed their set up again last night.

http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/alice-...-7bc63a20.html

This is why bands switching sets up every night can be a bad thing. This set is much better than the one I got

EDIT: I need a mod to change the date. It should be 2013. I guess i'm unaware of what timeline i'm living in.
Now THAT'S a setlist
__________________
5/2 - Sevendust
5/24 - Dark Angel @ MDF
6/17 - Meshuggah & BTBAM
6/29 - Primus
8/4 - Soundgarden & NIN
9/27 - Clutch & Janes Addiction
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 08-18-2013, 04:57 AM
Sanitarium78's Avatar
Sanitarium78 Sanitarium78 is offline
Concert Veteran
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Buffalo, NY
Posts: 3,858
Quote:
Originally Posted by HackedUpForBBQ View Post
AIC also played Darien Lake in '07 opening for Velvet Revolver, but as you can imagine it was a very short set. That show in '06 in the Falls was the best setlist wise..... they'll probably never do Sea of Sorrow again
Jerry Cantrell must not like Sea Of Sorrow because it hasn't been played in many years. It was a hit for them to and usually AIC does a good job at playing most of them with regularity. But SOS never shows up, maybe it's just one of those songs a band forgets about and doesn't even realize it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by velvetgrass View Post
Totally and wholeheartedly agree! Would is my favorite AIC song.

I haven't had a chance to see them live yet, so I might buy tickets for the Tinley Park, IL show next Thursday. Surprisingly, it looks like the show hasn't sold very well based on the interactive seat map. I just hope they swap Angry Chair if I go
Tickets haven't been selling too good for most of the tour. I was checking out the interactive seat maps for some of the shows to. My show was selling like crap but more people than I expected showed up. Since it was a sunday they probably got a lot of walk up sales. People may have seen online that there were a lot of tickets left and figured they would just get them at the door instead.

Looking at setlist fm, they are changing up the set each show this tour. Half the songs stay the same and then the rest of it gets rotated around each night. Even though it's a short set it may be worth going just for that.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
alice in chains

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 01:07 AM.


Blah Blah Blah Copyright WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM 2008