Man in the Box
Voices
It Ain't Like That
Love, Hate, Love
Down in a Hole
No Excuses
Would?
Rooster

Well, after 21 years I finally got to see AIC again. For whatever reason they just never seem to play this area at all except for back in 2006 which I unfortunately missed for reasons I can't recall now. I'm surprised Stone wasn't played, I was really looking forward to hearing that riff live. Still, a very good performance by them and William Duvall is pretty good frontman. You can tell he really enjoys what he's doing on stage. It looks like they're changing up the set a little each night. I don't believe they've opened with Hollow before last night and It Ain't Like That and Love, Hate, Love were nice additions to the set. Voices sounded really good to so hopefully once they get back to touring on their own more new stuff will get played.

I'm not sure why they end with Rooster though. I know they flip between that and Would as their closers but Rooster is just a weak ender. Would is one of the best album closers of all time and it makes a perfect show closer since the show would end with a bang. The audience reacted well to Rooster but everyone was pretty defalted after Would. The crowd completely drowned out Jerry and William during that song.

Overall, it was a short but very good performance. If they do another North American headlining tour for this album I really need to make the effort to see them play a full show.
Old 08-12-2013, 08:27 AM

Love, Hate, Love is a beast live, good to see it getting played.
Old 08-12-2013, 12:46 PM
Peace on earth sells... but who's buying?

Cool that they're rotating sets I'm stoked even if I'll just be on the lawn...
Old 08-12-2013, 02:55 PM
Concert Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyD View Post
Cool that they're rotating sets I'm stoked even if I'll just be on the lawn...
I think when they play normal headlining sets they usually switch a few songs up here and there. With them only getting an hour to play on this tour I wouldn't be surprised if each night's set was a little bit different. I feel they're one of the best bands out there now when it comes to putting good setlists together. Over the last few tours they don't seem to ever let their sets get too stale.
Old 08-14-2013, 01:36 PM
Concert Veteran

They changed their set up again last night.

http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/alice-...-7bc63a20.html

This is why bands switching sets up every night can be a bad thing. This set is much better than the one I got

EDIT: I need a mod to change the date. It should be 2013. I guess i'm unaware of what timeline i'm living in.

Last edited by Sanitarium78; 08-14-2013 at 01:47 PM.
Old 08-15-2013, 01:03 AM
N00B

Got Me Wrong.
Rock on the Range?
Kiss/Def Leppard
Outkast
Machine Head
Motley Crue/Alice Cooper
Old 08-17-2013, 06:24 PM
Pass the steak sauce

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanitarium78 View Post
For whatever reason they just never seem to play this area at all except for back in 2006
AIC also played Darien Lake in '07 opening for Velvet Revolver, but as you can imagine it was a very short set. That show in '06 in the Falls was the best setlist wise..... they'll probably never do Sea of Sorrow again
8/31 - Cre/Cooper
10/18 - Immolation/Nunslaughter
Old 08-17-2013, 07:01 PM
N00B

Quote:
I'm not sure why they end with Rooster though. I know they flip between that and Would as their closers but Rooster is just a weak ender. Would is one of the best album closers of all time and it makes a perfect show closer since the show would end with a bang.
Totally and wholeheartedly agree! Would is my favorite AIC song.

I haven't had a chance to see them live yet, so I might buy tickets for the Tinley Park, IL show next Thursday. Surprisingly, it looks like the show hasn't sold very well based on the interactive seat map. I just hope they swap Angry Chair if I go
Nine Inch Nails/Soundgarden (7/24)
Linkin Park/30 Seconds To Mars (8/29)
Old 08-17-2013, 07:19 PM
Headbanger

Quote:
They changed their set up again last night.

http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/alice-...-7bc63a20.html

This is why bands switching sets up every night can be a bad thing. This set is much better than the one I got

EDIT: I need a mod to change the date. It should be 2013. I guess i'm unaware of what timeline i'm living in.
Now THAT'S a setlist
6/29 - Primus
8/4 - Soundgarden & NIN
9/27 - Clutch & Janes Addiction
Old 08-18-2013, 04:57 AM
Concert Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by HackedUpForBBQ View Post
AIC also played Darien Lake in '07 opening for Velvet Revolver, but as you can imagine it was a very short set. That show in '06 in the Falls was the best setlist wise..... they'll probably never do Sea of Sorrow again
Jerry Cantrell must not like Sea Of Sorrow because it hasn't been played in many years. It was a hit for them to and usually AIC does a good job at playing most of them with regularity. But SOS never shows up, maybe it's just one of those songs a band forgets about and doesn't even realize it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by velvetgrass View Post
Totally and wholeheartedly agree! Would is my favorite AIC song.

I haven't had a chance to see them live yet, so I might buy tickets for the Tinley Park, IL show next Thursday. Surprisingly, it looks like the show hasn't sold very well based on the interactive seat map. I just hope they swap Angry Chair if I go
Tickets haven't been selling too good for most of the tour. I was checking out the interactive seat maps for some of the shows to. My show was selling like crap but more people than I expected showed up. Since it was a sunday they probably got a lot of walk up sales. People may have seen online that there were a lot of tickets left and figured they would just get them at the door instead.

Looking at setlist fm, they are changing up the set each show this tour. Half the songs stay the same and then the rest of it gets rotated around each night. Even though it's a short set it may be worth going just for that.

Tags
alice in chains