Home Set Lists Forums The Permanent Record Asshole Opinion

Mastodon-- Philadelphia, PA-- May 5th, 2016
Lamb of God -- Memphis, TN -- May 4th, 2016
Chris Cornell -- London, England -- May 3rd, 2016
Def Leppard -- Pensacola, FL -- May 2nd, 2016
The Contortionist -- Detroit, MI -- May 1st, 2016

  #901  
Old 01-19-2014, 11:44 PM
kalfitegrdan's Avatar
kalfitegrdan kalfitegrdan is offline
THIS IS LHHC!
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: DeKalb, IL
Posts: 4,644
When grind/powerviolence bands play excessively short sets. I saw an awesome powerviolence band on Saturday and they only played for seven minutes. They were the headliner too.
__________________
5/6-7 Ragnarokkr Fest
5/14 Hellshock ?
5/20 Weekend Nachos NYC
5/21 Weekend Nachos MA
5/22 Magrudergrind
5/23 The Black Dahlia Murder
Reply With Quote
  #902  
Old 01-20-2014, 12:07 AM
ravenheart's Avatar
ravenheart ravenheart is offline
Meanwhile, behind the facade of this innocent looking bookstore...
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: England
Posts: 21,205
Quote:
Originally Posted by kalfitegrdan View Post
When grind/powerviolence bands play excessively short sets. I saw an awesome powerviolence band on Saturday and they only played for seven minutes. They were the headliner too.
That was about 15 songs though, right?

Money back!
__________________
www.jukeboxmetal.com
http://jukeboxmetal.blogspot.co.uk

7/5 Bryan Adams
8/5 Corey Taylor
12/5 Gov't Mule
25/5 Zakk Wylde
28/8 Zakk Wylde
Reply With Quote
  #903  
Old 01-20-2014, 01:31 AM
kalfitegrdan's Avatar
kalfitegrdan kalfitegrdan is offline
THIS IS LHHC!
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: DeKalb, IL
Posts: 4,644
Quote:
Originally Posted by ravenheart View Post
That was about 15 songs though, right?

Money back!
Probably about that.
__________________
5/6-7 Ragnarokkr Fest
5/14 Hellshock ?
5/20 Weekend Nachos NYC
5/21 Weekend Nachos MA
5/22 Magrudergrind
5/23 The Black Dahlia Murder
Reply With Quote
  #904  
Old 01-20-2014, 05:59 AM
dcmetal108's Avatar
dcmetal108 dcmetal108 is offline
Some People Call Me The White Devil
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Chicago, IL
Posts: 8,974
Quote:
Originally Posted by kalfitegrdan View Post
When grind/powerviolence bands play excessively short sets. I saw an awesome powerviolence band on Saturday and they only played for seven minutes. They were the headliner too.
I read the first half and said but 20 minutes or so isn't that bad. Then read the second half
__________________
www.apocalypticdemise.com
Reply With Quote
  #905  
Old 01-20-2014, 01:34 PM
John The Drummer's Avatar
John The Drummer John The Drummer is offline
PANNTURRRUHHHHHH!!!!
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Seattle, WA
Posts: 7,419
People that name drop/talk about really obscure bands in a very every day normal tone that makes it seem like everyone should know who said band is, even though they only have one demo that was released in a limited edition of 3 copies on 8 track in 1992.

"That new Razmatazamagorath album is great!"

"... never heard of them."

"Oh..... they're awesome."
__________________
Dalla Nebbia
facebook.com/dallanebbiamusic

Funeral Age
funeralage.com

Mesmur
facebook.com/mesmurdoom
Reply With Quote
  #906  
Old 01-20-2014, 01:50 PM
mankvill's Avatar
mankvill mankvill is offline
"I'm the biggest whiny baby on this site" - Metalsetlists.com user AnthG
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Kansas
Posts: 24,381
Blog Entries: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by kalfitegrdan View Post
When grind/powerviolence bands play excessively short sets. I saw an awesome powerviolence band on Saturday and they only played for seven minutes. They were the headliner too.
I'm okay with that sparingly, but like a festival full of powerviolence bands like this (like 99% of fests in California, according to stuff I see on this website) would suck.

I saw Magrudergrind open for Misery Index and they played for barely 20 minutes, IF THAT.
__________________
04/06 - Abbath
04/16 - Absu
04/21 - Malevolent Creation
04/26 - Kvelertak
05/04 - MOTM 2016
Reply With Quote
  #907  
Old 01-20-2014, 01:52 PM
ravenheart's Avatar
ravenheart ravenheart is offline
Meanwhile, behind the facade of this innocent looking bookstore...
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: England
Posts: 21,205
Quote:
Originally Posted by John The Drummer View Post
People that name drop/talk about really obscure bands in a very every day normal tone that makes it seem like everyone should know who said band is, even though they only have one demo that was released in a limited edition of 3 copies on 8 track in 1992.

"That new Razmatazamagorath album is great!"

"... never heard of them."

"Oh..... they're awesome."
I'm the exact opposite of this. I assume no one has heard of any band I listen to apart from the massive ones like Iron Maiden, Black Sabbath, Aerosmith, etc.
__________________
www.jukeboxmetal.com
http://jukeboxmetal.blogspot.co.uk

7/5 Bryan Adams
8/5 Corey Taylor
12/5 Gov't Mule
25/5 Zakk Wylde
28/8 Zakk Wylde
Reply With Quote
  #908  
Old 01-20-2014, 02:49 PM
kalfitegrdan's Avatar
kalfitegrdan kalfitegrdan is offline
THIS IS LHHC!
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: DeKalb, IL
Posts: 4,644
Quote:
Originally Posted by mankvill View Post
I'm okay with that sparingly, but like a festival full of powerviolence bands like this (like 99% of fests in California, according to stuff I see on this website) would suck.

I saw Magrudergrind open for Misery Index and they played for barely 20 minutes, IF THAT.
20 minutes isn't a bad set time for grind, but 15 minutes or less is just kind of lazy. I know Magrudergrind played around 15 both times I saw them and apparently they start repeating songs near the end of the set.
__________________
5/6-7 Ragnarokkr Fest
5/14 Hellshock ?
5/20 Weekend Nachos NYC
5/21 Weekend Nachos MA
5/22 Magrudergrind
5/23 The Black Dahlia Murder
Reply With Quote
  #909  
Old 01-20-2014, 03:36 PM
ravenheart's Avatar
ravenheart ravenheart is offline
Meanwhile, behind the facade of this innocent looking bookstore...
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: England
Posts: 21,205
Quote:
Originally Posted by kalfitegrdan View Post
20 minutes isn't a bad set time for grind, but 15 minutes or less is just kind of lazy. I know Magrudergrind played around 15 both times I saw them and apparently they start repeating songs near the end of the set.
Don't think it matters what genre it is when they're the headliner and were the reason everyone bought tickets. If you're going to play anything less than an hour entry should be free.
__________________
www.jukeboxmetal.com
http://jukeboxmetal.blogspot.co.uk

7/5 Bryan Adams
8/5 Corey Taylor
12/5 Gov't Mule
25/5 Zakk Wylde
28/8 Zakk Wylde
Reply With Quote
  #910  
Old 01-20-2014, 03:47 PM
GarageMetal468's Avatar
GarageMetal468 GarageMetal468 is offline
SOMEBODY CALL THE BRINKS TRUCK
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Illinois
Posts: 3,416
Quote:
Originally Posted by ravenheart View Post
Don't think it matters what genre it is when they're the headliner and were the reason everyone bought tickets. If you're going to play anything less than an hour entry should be free.
In Chicago, at least, the majority of these grind/PV shows are at DIY spots where the cover charge at the door is usually between free and $10, and I think I've been to only one that was $10. Sure the bands play really short set times but they have a cover fee at the door to help at the very least the touring bands for making their way out here.
__________________
https://www.facebook.com/nucleusmetal
Full length album now available!
https://unspeakableaxerecords.bandcamp.com/album/sentient
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 06:33 AM.


Blah Blah Blah Copyright WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM 2008