Home Set Lists Forums The Permanent Record Asshole Opinion

Pallbearer -- Kansas City, MO -- December 16th, 2014
System Of A Down -- Inglewood, CA -- December 13th, 2014
Despised Icon -- Montreal, Quebec -- December 13th, 2014
Nonpoint -- Flint, MI -- December 13th, 2014
HIM -- Silver Spring, MD -- December 12th, 2014

Old 09-02-2013, 03:46 PM
Meanwhile, behind the facade of this innocent looking bookstore...

Quote:
Originally Posted by PVH5150 View Post
On the "Shuffle 25 songs" thread, or any other thread relating to listing artists and their respective songs....when people list the song title before the artist. Godfuckingdamnit, that drives me insane.
Seconded. Makes absolutely no sense at all.

18/12 Kreator
7/2 Primordial
13/2 BLS
3/3 Sanctuary
Old 09-02-2013, 04:24 PM
May you go marching in three-measure time, dressed up as asses and drunk to the nines...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravenheart View Post
Well now you're just nitpicking.

"Song name" - band name

Makes sense to me!

Oh, and I started the thread and listed the song first, then the band, so I'm right and all you other motherfuckers are wrong!

Last edited by El Gordo; 09-02-2013 at 04:27 PM.
Old 09-02-2013, 06:02 PM
Meanwhile, behind the facade of this innocent looking bookstore...

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Gordo View Post
Oh, and I started the thread and listed the song first, then the band, so I'm right and all you other motherfuckers are wrong!
Being wrong first isn't being right.

18/12 Kreator
7/2 Primordial
13/2 BLS
3/3 Sanctuary
Old 09-02-2013, 06:12 PM
with his arms outstretched

Quote:
I don't think it's that bad. It depends on how you look at things. The only time I'd find it remotely annoying is if the bands name and a song title could be confused as one or the other. (ex. Cell - In the Woods) Could go either way if you've never heard the band. That's why I always try to italicize the title of a song in any posts I make.

I do find it annoying when people use abbreviations for song titles. "Metallica came out and played a wicked set kicking off with FWTBT, followed by RTL, MoP, SBT, WHS and killed it with a blistering rendition of FFWF". That's only because it makes me think too much. And then my brain hurts.

12/27 -- Unearth/Protest the Hero
03/07 -- Video Games Live
07/06 -- U2

Last edited by adamclark52; 09-02-2013 at 06:17 PM.
Old 09-02-2013, 06:14 PM
I'm Young, I'm Wild, And I'm Free

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dextrimental View Post
It's funny, people who haven't read the book are complaining about 3 films, but people who have love it because the films contain EVERY detail from the book possible. It's one of the few big book to film adaptations that fans of the source material generally enjoy.
Agreed 100%.

I loved The Hobbit, and I am very hyped for the second one.Of course it's not as good as the LOTR trilogy (IMO no movie ever will be), but doesn't make it any less fun.
Old 09-02-2013, 06:21 PM

I really think that most of what was cut out of the original Lord of the Rings trilogy was cut for good reason. Tom Bambadill, the long journey home, the battle for the Shire, it really didn't miss it. The extended editions were just enough, and the death Saroman got in the movies was way better than the books.

The Hobbit, however, I think they're going to be stretching it too thin with three parts. I've heard the second movie will end where the book ended and the third movie will just be tying in to the Lord of the Rings. So we'll have to wait and see how it's done. But it reeks of a cash-grab to me.

Regardless, they're two of the best series I've ever seen.

07/06 -- U2
Old 09-02-2013, 06:28 PM
May you go marching in three-measure time, dressed up as asses and drunk to the nines...

Quote:
Being wrong first isn't being right.
No, but always being right is awesome. I win.
Old 09-02-2013, 06:39 PM
SADISTIC, MAGICIAN

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamclark52 View Post
I really think that most of what was cut out of the original Lord of the Rings trilogy was cut for good reason. Tom Bambadill, the long journey home, the battle for the Shire, it really didn't miss it. The extended editions were just enough, and the death Saroman got in the movies was way better than the books.

The Hobbit, however, I think they're going to be stretching it too thin with three parts. I've heard the second movie will end where the book ended and the third movie will just be tying in to the Lord of the Rings. So we'll have to wait and see how it's done. But it reeks of a cash-grab to me.

Regardless, they're two of the best series I've ever seen.
Agreed about LOTR, those books are fucking long and have a lot of material that would have felt tedious and at times silly in the films. The extended editions push how long one can keep attention for, they are as much information as can be put into film from those books really.

The Hobbit trilogy is a cash grab, but it's a dam good quality one with some love for the source material in mind.
Old 09-02-2013, 07:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dextrimental View Post
Agreed about LOTR, those books are fucking long and have a lot of material that would have felt tedious and at times silly in the films. The extended editions push how long one can keep attention for, they are as much information as can be put into film from those books really.

The Hobbit trilogy is a cash grab, but it's a dam good quality one with some love for the source material in mind.
Well, the purpose of ANY Hollywood movie is to make money. What I mean by "cash-grab" is more that they're trying to squeeze as much as they can out of it no matter what. Stretching it too thin. As long is it stays in Peter Jacksons hands it will be good. But this whole conversation started with the comment about fanboys and source material. Depending on how it's done most people will probably be happy but there will be more than a few fanboys who will hate it because they got Glfondrial the High Dwarfs hairstyle wrong, or something.

I saw a poster for it (the next Hobbit movie) in the theater today and "it moved".

07/06 -- U2
Old 09-03-2013, 03:36 AM
Troo Methulfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Gordo View Post
I loved the LOTR trilogy, I liked The Hobbit. It annoys me how much detail they're going into with it when so much got cut out of LOTR, which is my biggest beef, really. I have no problem with the CGI, but I've never paid much attention to that stuff anyway.

I don't like the 3D stuff, either. I hated that that was my only option at the movie theatre to see this movie. I rarely go out to see a movie these days and if everything's going to be 3D, rarely will turn into never.
There was a time that my local theater never offered both the 2 & 3D versions. But about a year ago, they changed their minds.

The 2D screening for The Wolverine was as equally packed as the 3D-one. It's just there to earn extra money.