Home Set Lists Forums The Permanent Record Asshole Opinion

Nile -- Baltimore, MD -- April 15th, 2014
Within Temptation -- Newcastle, England -- April 14th, 2014
Carcass -- Silver Spring, MD -- April 13th, 2014
Destruction -- Montreal, Quebec -- April 14th, 2014
Ghoul -- Hollywood, CA -- April 13th, 2014

  #191  
Old 08-12-2013, 02:30 PM
ravenheart's Avatar
ravenheart ravenheart is offline
Meanwhile, behind the facade of this innocent looking bookstore...
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: England
Posts: 17,221
Quote:
Originally Posted by PVH5150 View Post
Why's that?
Because throughout the '70s and '80s, when immigration from middle eastern countries to England increased, particularly from Pakistan, it was most common for any families with a bit of money to run a corner shop, newsagents, or liquor store.

And because it wasn't really considered racist at the time, they were generally referred to as "Paki Shops".
__________________
www.jukeboxmetal.com
http://jukeboxmetal.blogspot.com

23/4 Scott Stapp
24/4 MoonKings
25/4 Spirit Caravan
30/4 Kenny Wayne Shepherd
Reply With Quote
  #192  
Old 08-12-2013, 02:34 PM
TheWildAndTheYoung's Avatar
TheWildAndTheYoung TheWildAndTheYoung is online now
Hunting High And Low
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 1,633
Quote:
Originally Posted by ravenheart View Post
And yet, a genre you weren't into, you now are.

Proof perfect that shutting yourself off to an entire genre just because you haven't heard anything in it you like yet is stupid.

Especially when there's some very good rap metal around.
Incorrect, you didn't get the point of the sentence.I'd never heard a melodeath song six months ago, but when I listened to it I liked it, and I never said I hated before I did.I've heard PLENTY of rap songs (way more than I would have liked to), and I've decided that it is just not a genre that I can like.I've also tried to listen to rap metal, not my thing either.Musically some of it is pretty good, but the rap part ruins it completely.Bottom line, I hate rapping.
__________________
4/25-26 - M3 Rock Festival
5/24 - Styx/Foreigner
5/30 - Journey/Steve Miller Band
8/14 - Motley Crue/Alice Cooper
Reply With Quote
  #193  
Old 08-12-2013, 02:35 PM
Bengals279's Avatar
Bengals279 Bengals279 is offline
N00B
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Kansas
Posts: 595
I was kind of like TheWildAndTheYoung a few years ago. All I listened to was Hair/Glam metal. I couldn't stand any other kind of music haha. Now I rarely listen to it anymore. Musical taste change overtime and for me don't stop. And to say you will never like rap is just a stupid comment.
__________________
Sevendust- 4/24?
Evalyn Awake- 5/10
SLAYER- 5/13
Solus-5/16
Sidewise- 5/17
Battlecross- 5/25
Rockfest- 5/31
Warped- 7/31
Motley Crue- 8/3
Reply With Quote
  #194  
Old 08-12-2013, 02:36 PM
TheWildAndTheYoung's Avatar
TheWildAndTheYoung TheWildAndTheYoung is online now
Hunting High And Low
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 1,633
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bengals279 View Post
I was kind of like TheWildAndTheYoung a few years ago. All I listened to was Hair/Glam metal. I couldn't stand any other kind of music haha. Now I rarely listen to it anymore. Musical taste change overtime and for me don't stop. And to say you will never like rap is just a stupid comment.
And what will you say in 5-10 years when I still don't like rap?
__________________
4/25-26 - M3 Rock Festival
5/24 - Styx/Foreigner
5/30 - Journey/Steve Miller Band
8/14 - Motley Crue/Alice Cooper
Reply With Quote
  #195  
Old 08-12-2013, 02:41 PM
ravenheart's Avatar
ravenheart ravenheart is offline
Meanwhile, behind the facade of this innocent looking bookstore...
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: England
Posts: 17,221
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWildAndTheYoung View Post
Incorrect, you didn't get the point of the sentence.
No, no. I got your point. I just ignored it because it's irrelevant.

The only relevant point is the one everyone here is trying to make and you're stubbornly refuting. Which I don't blame you for, because absolutely every teenager worldwide, all of us included when we were younger, does the exact same thing with all of their opinions.

Fact is your views WILL change, your tastes WILL change, and you absolutely cannot say you will never like something, because you, we, and everyone else simply do not know that. It may turn out to be the case, it may not. But you don't know that. All you know is that you haven't previously liked any rap songs, and you currently don't like any rap songs.

Continue to refute it all you like, but you're wrong. All of your arguments to the contrary are meaningless, because they won't stop you being wrong either.
__________________
www.jukeboxmetal.com
http://jukeboxmetal.blogspot.com

23/4 Scott Stapp
24/4 MoonKings
25/4 Spirit Caravan
30/4 Kenny Wayne Shepherd
Reply With Quote
  #196  
Old 08-12-2013, 02:44 PM
Bengals279's Avatar
Bengals279 Bengals279 is offline
N00B
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Kansas
Posts: 595
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWildAndTheYoung View Post
And what will you say in 5-10 years when I still don't like rap?
You might like rap or you may not. But to say that for sure you will not like "rap, pop or whatever" is just ignorant. Because YOU DONT KNOW what will happen in the next 10 years and how your musical taste will evolve
__________________
Sevendust- 4/24?
Evalyn Awake- 5/10
SLAYER- 5/13
Solus-5/16
Sidewise- 5/17
Battlecross- 5/25
Rockfest- 5/31
Warped- 7/31
Motley Crue- 8/3
Reply With Quote
  #197  
Old 08-12-2013, 02:46 PM
Bengals279's Avatar
Bengals279 Bengals279 is offline
N00B
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Kansas
Posts: 595
Quote:
Originally Posted by ravenheart View Post

Continue to refute it all you like, but you're wrong. All of your arguments to the contrary are meaningless, because they won't stop you being wrong either.
This
__________________
Sevendust- 4/24?
Evalyn Awake- 5/10
SLAYER- 5/13
Solus-5/16
Sidewise- 5/17
Battlecross- 5/25
Rockfest- 5/31
Warped- 7/31
Motley Crue- 8/3
Reply With Quote
  #198  
Old 08-12-2013, 03:12 PM
PVH5150 PVH5150 is online now
Music Is Good
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Somerville, Massachusetts
Posts: 2,410
Quote:
Originally Posted by ravenheart View Post
Because throughout the '70s and '80s, when immigration from middle eastern countries to England increased, particularly from Pakistan, it was most common for any families with a bit of money to run a corner shop, newsagents, or liquor store.

And because it wasn't really considered racist at the time, they were generally referred to as "Paki Shops".
Huh, had no idea.

Nothing even closely related to that here. Everyone here says "packie" in short for "package store". Kinda like how everyone says Dunks instead of Dunkin' Donuts.
Reply With Quote
  #199  
Old 08-12-2013, 03:18 PM
XDoomsayerX XDoomsayerX is offline
I'm reaching out for something else.
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: California
Posts: 1,325
Quote:
Originally Posted by ravenheart View Post
Continue to refute it all you like, but you're wrong. All of your arguments to the contrary are meaningless, because they won't stop you being wrong either.
This!!!

And no dude I dont hate any genres, I may dislike country a fuckton but who knows one day I may like an artist or two in it so I wont discredit it entirely. Actually I do like the Aeon country songs
__________________
Danny Brown?-5/4
Scion Fest-5/17
Seahaven-5/31
Basement-8/12
Reply With Quote
  #200  
Old 08-12-2013, 03:20 PM
John The Drummer's Avatar
John The Drummer John The Drummer is offline
PAAAAAAANTURRRUUUHHHHHH!! !!!!
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Seattle, WA
Posts: 3,454
I hate people that keep trying to convince TheWildAndTheYoung that his music taste will change.. IT OBVIOUSLY WON'T, GUYZ.
__________________
- Dalla Nebbia
facebook.com/dallanebbiamusic
dallanebbia.bandcamp.com

- Funeral Age
facebook.com/funeralageofficial
funeralage.bandcamp.com
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 06:51 PM.


Blah Blah Blah Copyright WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM 2008