Bob Seger -- Saginaw, MI -- November 19th, 2014
Ace Frehley -- Uncasville, CT -- November 21st, 2014
Nuclear War Now! Fest IV -- Berlin, Germany -- November 7-8th, 2014
Deafheaven -- Toronto, Ontario -- November 21st, 2014
Threshold -- London, England -- November 20th, 2014

Old 07-14-2013, 12:33 PM
N00B

Taproot -- Ann Arbor, MI -- July 13th, 2013

This was at the A2 Fest. Everyone remember that name so that you'll NEVER ever ever ever ever ever even THINK about going to it. To quote Taylor Swift, "Never, like EVER!"

The 1st band I saw was a metal band from Flint called It Lies Within. They're really cool, but they only got to play 4 or 5 songs, as did every single band for the entire show except the headliners (more on that later). As it turns out they were behind schedule all day. Bands' set times kept getting changed and cut short. I don't think any band played more than 25 min. It's not the bands' faults, though. Check out It Lies Within. They're cool.

Primer 55 came up next. In college they were one of my favorite bands, and I hadn't seen them since Dec. 2002 on their tour w/ Dope. I was really hoping they'd do "Set It Off" w/ Jared from (hed) p.e., but that did not happen. Actually, they only got a 15-20 min set. The sound guy told them they had 1 more, and they took a request from the fans. "Pills" was the winner. They also played another fan request, "Supa Freak Love" in the middle of the set. That was cool of them to do that. It was different seeing p55 as a 3-piece. Bobby sang and played guitar, plus they have a new bassist & drummer. It was a fun set. Short but sweet.

Primer 55 setlist
Stain
Fake (new song)
Supa Freak Love
This Life
Pills

Devereaux was solid as usual.

Next was a band I'd never heard of called Another Lost Year. They were very good. I'd go see em again.

Ventana was excellent. I knew that they were a Mushroomhead side band, but I'd never heard their music before. Very good live band.

Mushroomhead was the best band of the night. I'm knot a huge fan, but they killed it.

The curfew was 11pm, and (hed) p.e. hit the stage at 11:15. They got to play 3 or 4 songs.

Taproot headlined, and they got to play for a whole 10 minutes before the plug was pulled. That was such a joke! They're the headliners of the festival, and this show was in their hometown, and they played 3 songs. They were supposed to get to play the whole GIFT album. Instead several hundred people who were there all day waiting to see them got to watch them play for 10 min.

Taproot setlist
Smile
Again & Again
Poem

This show was a complete joke. None of the bands' set times were posted anywhere, and they obviously had no plan for what to do if they ran behind. When that did happen, the headlining bands got the shaft, and that's not right. In fact, every band got the shaft b/c none of them got to play even close to a regular set. Most bands played 4 or 5 songs. Not a single person left this show having enjoyed themselves. I guarantee you Taproot & (hed) p.e. made zero new fans b/c they barely got to play. Everyone was disappointed in their sets. (hed) p.e. started at 11:15, followed by Taproot, and the show ended at 11:40. I've been to hundreds of concerts, and this was by far the worst one I've ever been to. I can't even think of another show that's even in that discussion. I'm tired of writing about it.
12/9 ETID
12/10 & 11 Snot
12/13 nonpoint
12/20 Battlecross
2/1 ABR/Erra
2/9 MH
Old 07-15-2013, 04:43 AM
N00B

Sounds like a mess

and truth be told I'd still pay to see a Taproot, (hed)pe, MUSHROOMHEAD, Primer 55 show

Tags
primer 55, taproot