Home Set Lists Forums The Permanent Record Asshole Opinion

Impaled -- Oakland, CA -- April 19th, 2014
Tankcrimes Brainsqueeze 2 -- Oakland, CA -- April 18th, 2014
Unearth -- Pontiac, MI -- April 17th, 2014
Wayne Static -- Birmingham, AL -- April 17th, 2014
Ghost -- Toronto, Ontario -- April 17th, 2014

  #51  
Old 07-01-2013, 11:35 AM
ravenheart's Avatar
ravenheart ravenheart is offline
Meanwhile, behind the facade of this innocent looking bookstore...
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: England
Posts: 17,248
Quote:
Originally Posted by marker View Post
you like Kiss' Let's Put the X In Sex.
Who doesn't!?
__________________
www.jukeboxmetal.com
http://jukeboxmetal.blogspot.com

23/4 Scott Stapp
24/4 MoonKings
25/4 Spirit Caravan
30/4 Kenny Wayne Shepherd
Reply With Quote
  #52  
Old 07-01-2013, 11:42 AM
TheWildAndTheYoung's Avatar
TheWildAndTheYoung TheWildAndTheYoung is offline
Hunting High And Low
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 1,655
Quote:
Originally Posted by ravenheart View Post




You obviously don't get it, so I'll explain.

Banter = good
Being a pussy about it = bad

Everyone here mocks everyone else's listening habits. It's fun. Manks get shit for listening to super gay k-pop, I get shit for listening to Lordi and similar, DethMaiden for being a dirty hipster, Indestructible and Fonz for just being FUCKING WRONG ABOUT EVERYTHING, and so on. Everyone doesn't discriminate or outright bully because of them, and people don't feel ashamed of what they listen to, which is what you seem to think is the natural outcome of simple banter.

Capisce?
OK, I get it, and what I really should have done was put this as a thread for artists/albums/songs you like that most people hate.

On a side note I like Lordi a lot to.
__________________
4/25-26 - M3 Rock Festival
5/24 - Styx/Foreigner
5/30 - Journey/Steve Miller Band
8/14 - Motley Crue/Alice Cooper
Reply With Quote
  #53  
Old 07-01-2013, 11:43 AM
TheWildAndTheYoung's Avatar
TheWildAndTheYoung TheWildAndTheYoung is offline
Hunting High And Low
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 1,655
Quote:
Originally Posted by marker View Post
You don't have to feel guilty because you like Kiss' Let's Put the X In Sex.
Um, I am just wondering when I said that I liked that song, I do like it, but don't remember saying it.I thought everyone like that song anyway.
__________________
4/25-26 - M3 Rock Festival
5/24 - Styx/Foreigner
5/30 - Journey/Steve Miller Band
8/14 - Motley Crue/Alice Cooper
Reply With Quote
  #54  
Old 07-01-2013, 11:46 AM
ravenheart's Avatar
ravenheart ravenheart is offline
Meanwhile, behind the facade of this innocent looking bookstore...
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: England
Posts: 17,248
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWildAndTheYoung View Post
OK, I get it, and what I really should have done was put this as a thread for artists/albums/songs you like that most people hate.
That is indeed a discussion we've had before. You can probably find it with a quick search.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWildAndTheYoung View Post
On a side note I like Lordi a lot to.
That's because they're awesome and these people are idiots.
__________________
www.jukeboxmetal.com
http://jukeboxmetal.blogspot.com

23/4 Scott Stapp
24/4 MoonKings
25/4 Spirit Caravan
30/4 Kenny Wayne Shepherd
Reply With Quote
  #55  
Old 07-01-2013, 12:05 PM
marker's Avatar
marker marker is offline
somebody somewhere
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Huntington Beach, CA
Posts: 477
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWildAndTheYoung View Post
Um, I am just wondering when I said that I liked that song, I do like it, but don't remember saying it.I thought everyone like that song anyway.
Reply With Quote
  #56  
Old 07-01-2013, 12:12 PM
ravenheart's Avatar
ravenheart ravenheart is offline
Meanwhile, behind the facade of this innocent looking bookstore...
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: England
Posts: 17,248
Quote:
Originally Posted by marker View Post
I know, I know
__________________
www.jukeboxmetal.com
http://jukeboxmetal.blogspot.com

23/4 Scott Stapp
24/4 MoonKings
25/4 Spirit Caravan
30/4 Kenny Wayne Shepherd
Reply With Quote
  #57  
Old 07-01-2013, 12:18 PM
slapguitarer's Avatar
slapguitarer slapguitarer is offline
Buahahahahaha
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: San Jose
Posts: 4,839
People like Kiss?

You learn something new every day...
__________________
4/20 Thou/Cloud Rat
4/26 Circle Takes The Square/Loma Prieta/leer.
5/01 Mastodon/Gojira
Reply With Quote
  #58  
Old 07-01-2013, 07:22 PM
IrritatedTrout's Avatar
IrritatedTrout IrritatedTrout is offline
Not a number, I'm a free man
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Virginia
Posts: 5,207
Kiss rules.
__________________
5/4 - Rob Zombie
5/11 - Ghost
5/13 - Mastodon / Gojira
5/21 - Primus
6/28 - Iron Maiden - Bergen, Norway
7/1 - Iron Maiden - Luxembourg
Reply With Quote
  #59  
Old 07-01-2013, 08:53 PM
JRA's Avatar
JRA JRA is offline
Traditionalist Asshole
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 19,715
Quote:
Originally Posted by ravenheart View Post
Who doesn't!?
Paul Stanley
__________________
I listened to three Babymetal tracks...sounds like Chun Li getting butt-fucked by Andrew W.K. That's not something I ever wanted to hear.
-El Gordo
Reply With Quote
  #60  
Old 07-01-2013, 09:16 PM
es156's Avatar
es156 es156 is offline
Somewhere Back In Time
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Illinois
Posts: 4,878
Quote:
Originally Posted by ravenheart View Post




You obviously don't get it, so I'll explain.

Banter = good
Being a pussy about it = bad

Everyone here mocks everyone else's listening habits. It's fun. Manks get shit for listening to super gay k-pop, I get shit for listening to Lordi and similar, DethMaiden for being a dirty hipster, Indestructible and Fonz for just being FUCKING WRONG ABOUT EVERYTHING, and so on. Everyone doesn't discriminate or outright bully because of them, and people don't feel ashamed of what they listen to, which is what you seem to think is the natural outcome of simple banter.

Capisce?

__________________
04/29: Graveyard
05/08: Mastodon
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 07:11 AM.


Blah Blah Blah Copyright WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM 2008