Despised Icon -- Worcester, MA -- December 21st, 2014
Cormorant -- San Francisco, CA -- December 20th, 2014
Opeth -- Toronto, Ontario -- December 21st, 2014
It Lies Within -- Flint, MI -- December 21st, 2014
Pig Destroyer -- Philadelphia, PA -- December 20th, 2014

Old 06-21-2013, 11:55 PM
Close your eyes forget your name

Havok -- Denver, CO -- June 21st, 2013

Quite a fun night; the show was held at a place called the Marquis Theater in the LoDo part of Denver. Very cool place small but not too tiny, and what was surprising was the lax on security; no pat downs, no searches....all they wanted was an ID for drinking and your ticket and that was it.....if you were 21 or older you could come and go as you please which was nice in that I went outside between bands to get some air. They also are Marquis Pizza which serves fuckin huge slices that are really good. Great venue Soulfly is coming in August to the Marquis and I'm more interested because of the great experience

Now onto the show; 4 bands including Havok

First was Cellador, they were ok best way I can describe them is a dragonforce type band. They did have a Keyuitarist which was cool I guess. Didn't catch any son titles 6/10

Next was a Lamb of God/Pantera band called Arise in Chaos. Great band very heavy I picked up their CD called Civilization Decay and would love to see them again

1. Process of Knowing
2. Quitit
3. Nigh
4. A Parody Within
5. Violent Colors
6. Arise in Chaos

8/10

Third was a death metal band called Dissonance in Design. Meh, not my cup of tea I went and got a slice of pizza during their set. They played well but again not my thing. Didn't catch any song titles 7/10

Finally it was time for Havok, my first time seeing them. People who got tickets to this show and the two other Colorado shows got the new album "Unnatural Selection" for free which is damn cool. They went on a little latter than planned because David Sanchez the frontman wanted to make sure the sound was to the band (his?) liking. The place went apeshit for this set, had a nice circle pit going with crowdsurfing glore. The band was on fire for the hometown show and did not disappoint. They played 3 songs off the new album which got great response and I liked them a lot. Setlist is missing two (three?) songs I am not 100% what they are but I will come back if I figure out what they are

(Out of Order)

1. Covering Fire
2. Point of No Return
3. Give Me Liberty...or Give Me Death
4. Scumbag in Disguise
5. D.O.A.
6. ???
7. I am The State (New Song)
8. Afterburner (I think)
9. From the Cradle to the Grave
10. Unnatural Selection (New Song)
11. Out of My Way
-----
12. ????

9/10

Overall I had a ton of fun for cheap, discovered a new band (Arise in Chaos) and found a new favorite venue. If Havok comes near you on this tour, fucking go you will have a great time

EDIT- Fuck me I'm tired; wrong date it's the 21st not the 22nd; can a mod fix that please thankyouverymuch

Last edited by DisposableJustice; 06-22-2013 at 01:02 AM.
Old 06-22-2013, 12:05 AM

Oh gee I forgot to put spaces in the title, sue me
Old 06-22-2013, 12:20 AM
N00B

They're playing 2 shows here in FL in august, one is a tiny as hell bar, the other is a small club, Im hoping to make at least one of the stops, they seem like an awesome live band.
Old 06-22-2013, 12:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheNobleFaceHumper View Post
They're playing 2 shows here in FL in august, one is a tiny as hell bar, the other is a small club, Im hoping to make at least one of the stops, they seem like an awesome live band.
Do it; my show was only $10 plus a free cd so I'm assuming it will be cheap on the tour; well worth it
Old 06-22-2013, 08:55 AM
Metal-Setlistcore

If all these people that went got a free copy of the CD, I'm amazoed it hasn't leaked yet

Tags
arise in chaos, havok